Search results

1. Mike Gibson

Thermal paste application?

Enough is enough, this has turned into a crapfest and lost it's way beyond redemption. Say goodnight Gracie.
  2. Mike Gibson

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congratulations to a well deserving member. Good job Heather Mike
  3. Mike Gibson

New audiophile group for Central Oregon

Welcome to AK. I live east of Dufur Or. a bit.
  4. Mike Gibson

RIP Terry DeWick

That really saddens me. I had several dealings with Terry. He was a great tech and a super human. He will be sorely missed.
  5. Mike Gibson

Linear Tracking Turntables...

I got started with linear tracking TT's by accident. I bought a Mitsubishi LT 30 for the cartridge. When I got it home I figured I might as well listen to it since it's here. It's been in the system since then. I also bought a LT-5V and played them together and couldn't tell a difference...
  6. Mike Gibson

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

I was sure I had posted the pics once before but couldn't find it by going back through the pages or using the search. I must have been asleep at the wheel as usual. Mike
  7. Mike Gibson

2023 Member of the Year nominations are now open !

Voted and best of luck to all candidates. All are very deserving.
  8. Mike Gibson

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Here are a few of the rigs I've owned over the years. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. First up is me in 1968 after I had put a B & BP W 30 455 Olds in place of the tired 330. Next is my 74 Celica GT. Then a 75 Datsun that a outfit put CJ 2 front ends in. It would climb a tree...
  9. Mike Gibson

Some rigs I had when I was young

Thanks Mark, I still wish I had several of them.
  10. Mike Gibson

Some rigs I had when I was young

A 65 Olds Cutlass with a B& BP W-30 455 engine. A 74 Celica GT, 76 Ford F 150 4X4, 76 Toyota J-60, 75 Datsun 4X4 and a 69 Fiat 850 .
  11. Mike Gibson

What to do with these Altec Valencias?

They have been bypassed and left in place. It's been fun experimenting with different crossover frequencies and being able to adjust it on the fly.
  12. Mike Gibson

Do you mean active crossover? If so I use a ART CX311. Here is a link so you can check it out if interested. https://artproaudio.com/product/cx311-2way-crossover-with-subwoofer-out/ Mike
  13. Mike Gibson

Mark B's System

Beautiful artwork and system Mark. I bet it sounds stunning.
  14. Mike Gibson

McIntosh knob puller

Heating the knob first with a hair dryer or heat gun on LOW might prolong the life of the tool you designed. Looks like a great design to me. Mike
  15. Mike Gibson

I would just use an active crossover so you can tune it to whatever sounds the best to you. In case the box & mounting differences might affect the original 800 Hz. crossover point. On my 846B model I went active and use 1200 Hz. as the best sounding (to me) crossover point.
  16. Mike Gibson

MC275 joins damacman's lair

Tony, you have no idea how thrilled I am that you are really enjoying it. Those XRT's must sound awesome for sure. Anybody that likes Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler can't be all bad. :) Enjoy the music my friend. Mike
  17. Mike Gibson

If three songsters, with guitars for a night of listening...who would you invite?

John Prine, Gordon Lightfoot and Mark Knopfler.
  18. Mike Gibson

Happy Birthday RichPA!

Have a super Birthday Rich.
  19. Mike Gibson

Mcintosh 2100 thoughts

Also when working to factory specs it puts out around 145 WPC at clipping. So the 105 WPC is conservative which is one of Macs hallmarks. Long before the FCC had to step in and bring reality back to published specs for almost everyone else.
  20. Mike Gibson

MC275 joins damacman's lair

I'm glad you are happy and really relieved it arrived in good shape. It's in good hands I know. Let me know how it and the IC's sound to you.
  21. Mike Gibson

Movies you have been waiting for

The third Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Those two have a special chemistry in the first two movies.
  22. Mike Gibson

How many power amps is too many?

Thanks for the kind words Tony. I would love to visit sometime to check out your system and of course the Olds. :)
  23. Mike Gibson

What current production 12ax7s do you recommend?

That's what I used in a 275 I had.
  24. Mike Gibson

It was and it wasn't if that makes any sense. I didn't want it to just sit around but I hate to see it go at the same time. I think it's going to a good home so part is a relief.
  25. Mike Gibson

I'm down to just two in the system. I did have a fairly nice 275 but someone talked me out of it.
Back
Top Bottom