Search results

1. richamor

RIP David Crosby

RIP David Cosby. jeezus I feel old.
  2. richamor

Music consumption in major markets: Listeners are abandoning "physical" formats

it is true that 99% of my listening is via internet. But when I hear something I like I generally buy the LP if available or CD if it isn't. Wife asks why. Because I will always have that. And, with a generator if necessary, I can still have my music.
  3. richamor

What A Bloody Mess!

What in the world are you doing?! Never ever never look back there. Connect everything by feel...just don't look. :) My system is fairly simple and kinda spread out a bit in the cabinet but it's still a mess behind the amp and power center. I guess it is anyway.
  4. richamor

Hearing Aid Advice?

If you think that you have hearing loss get it checked asap. A little known and discussed consequence of hearing loss is speech recognition. I can hear the words but still have to say huh?? because I can't recognize the words clearly. It's getting better after a few years of hearing aids...
  5. richamor

How loud is too loud?

Huh????
  6. richamor

I cant believe she said that

There's music in those crackles. and pops. If that's what she enjoys let her enjoy it. I certainly did for many years until I made the conscious decision to improve.Let her be...help if she asks....don't criticize...and let her enjoy those crackle and pops.
  7. richamor

Yet another year of sales growth for the vinyl format (albeit a more modest one).

All I can add is that my purchases over the past few years have been from less than major labels. The latest was Brothertigers "Out of Touch" that cost me a whopping $28.12. And $8.10 of that was tax and shipping. The LP itself was $20.02. That's more than reasonable in todays economy for...
  8. richamor

What did you get for Christmas?

hmmm...a box of chocolate covered cherries carrying on a a tradition from my grandmother. a new stars and stripes for the flagpole (old one to disposed at the post office.) kids and grandkids at home :) and the best....a hecklefish offee cup!! I hope it brought everyone all you wished for. If...
  9. richamor

There is NO 'End Game' Perfect System

Much of this thread is why I have been away from AK for some time. It's all too easy to go just a bit further down the rabbit hole. If I buy this if I can try that if I do this...or maybe that....my system will be perfect. Yeah well......what I've ended up with is an eclectic collection of...
  10. richamor

What's your preferred radio station(s)?

I rarely, if ever, listen to OTA radio anymore. I'm out in the boonies so reception can be spotty at best sometimes. Currently I don't even have a tuner hooked up unless you want to count the SW. That's a whole nuther listen right there:) The only radio stations I listen to with any regularity...
  11. richamor

Best Cover Song?

Chicken Shack/Christine McVie doing Etta James song I'd Rather go Blind. Until I heard that I had never heard her doing anything but Fleetwood Mac. and a recent listen ...Brothertiger doing Everybody Wants To Rule The World.
  12. richamor

Christine McVie Passes away @ 79

Peter Greene gone. Buckingham with open heart surgery and vocal cord damage. And now Christine. Been a tough year for sure and man do I feel old. Listening to her on the complete Blue Horizon Sessions now. Christine gave us years, no decades, of beautiful music with and without Fleetwood Mac...
  13. richamor

Radio Paradise, refreshing new station for me.

If you like RP try Radio Caroline. Another great streamer with a few local Brit commercials.
  14. richamor

What Happen to AK Secure https ?

Well now....this is interesting. Now I am not fully secure. I was last night. The Brave browser says "This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources." If I load the "unsafe scripts" I get a big red NOT SECURE banner.
  15. richamor

What Happen to AK Secure https ?

Secure with Brave and Win10. Sounds like a browser issue to me.
  16. richamor

Thanks mke0565

Top notch Ak'er.:thumbsup: Not only did he give me a smokin' deal on the Parasound HaloP5 but packed it like an expert and held shipping until I returned home. It works and looks like new and best of all.....no burn in:biggrin: Thanks again Mike!!
  17. richamor

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

Arrived in todays mail and been playing since.
  18. richamor

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

Sitting here listening to this: watching the never-ending rain
  19. richamor

Thursday Tunes

Wash Out-Paracosm
  20. richamor

$1500 in my pocket.....for an integrated amp

imho....once you get into the upper echelon of class D the brightness is diminished to the point of non-issue. The Peachtree was, in fact, a bit to non bright. Similar to an autoformer Macintosh. The only way you'll know for sure is to try them in your home. PS Audio and Peachtree each have a 30...
  21. richamor

$1500 in my pocket.....for an integrated amp

Another vote for the Peachtree. The Nova 150 is a nice choice. The DeccoSKY is another. 125WPC, DAC, Phono, and internet streamer in a nice looking package for $999. That, folks, is a lot of amp for cheap. I'd buy one but I'm waiting on the Nova SKY and the PS Audio Strata to come.
  22. richamor

All singing all dancing integrated amps

coming soon! At least so I hear. They're not for everyone and some will poopoo them as just more fluff we don't need. BUT.... we're coming to a point where you can have purdy near everything you need in one box. Plug it in hook up speakers and you're good to go. And I'm intrigued by this. I...
  23. richamor

What should I choose?

Whichever sounds best to you. None of us can hear it.
  24. richamor

Sonos legacy product policy

My Squeezebox hasn't been supported or updated for.....how many years??? It still works. No I can't stream everything and sound quality varies but it still works pretty good for radio in the garage. The only Sonos product I own, now and ever, in the one Connect in the LR running through an...
Back
Top Bottom