Search results

1. EastPoint

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

He has a hookup.
  2. EastPoint

Scam alert, Milwaukee CL, G-9000DB and SX-1250 for $3000

Scam here: https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/milwaukee-sansui-9000db-pioneer-1250/7737669419.html Looks like Dave Culver again. Don't get ripped off!
  3. EastPoint

Marantz 2238b

How many pins are on it? Can you post a picture?
  4. EastPoint

Sanyo B570 replacement

Those are NPN, you want PNP, so KSA940, MJE15031 or 15033.
  5. EastPoint

KLH Speaker

Junk, pass.
  6. EastPoint

9090 F-2436 Question?

Love you guys!
  7. EastPoint

Realistic STA-225 No FM Stereo Fix, and lights

I'm afraid I do not know, sorry. I would try replacing both the needle bulbs and see.
  8. EastPoint

Free Dali speakers in Kansas City

"Kindly" means it's almost always a scam. That's British English, taught in India. Americans don't usually use it.
  9. EastPoint

2 pairs KLH 17 $50. NY

Caps go bad, tweeters stop playing. That's the case most of the time. Sometimes the little wires on the tweeter fronts break and you can fix them, but it's a challenge.
  10. EastPoint

QRX-9001

I always have these and the 95/96 pairs in stock, I buy my transistors by the thousands so I don't run out ever.
  11. EastPoint

Please help me identify this RCA console and is it worth $25

Junk, in terrible condition. Pass at any price unless they're paying you to take it.
  12. EastPoint

Marantz 2270 receiver failed dim bulb tester

All the electrolytic caps on that board should be replaced.
  13. EastPoint

Pioneer SX-636 Case Screws

Probably M4, everything like that is M4 from what I’ve seen.
  14. EastPoint

Sansui 9090db output transistors, knobs, etc

If you get both driver boards rebuilt and working, the spare one is worth enough to get all those missing knobs and probably whatever else you need.
  15. EastPoint

Sansui F-2436-1 fuse values

So the official service bulletin says you should use 6A fuses for the 8080 and 7A fuses for the 9090, for the pigtail fuses on the F-2436-1 board. I've seen a lot of suggestions of just using 7A fuses period. I know there's basically no difference between them, but what do the experts on AK...
  16. EastPoint

Optimus Mach Three crossover - does anyone have one open?

Hi folks. Just a quick question about the Optimus Mach 3 crossover. I know there's a radial 33 uf cap in there. Does anyone know the voltage? I am assuming 50v but couldn't find anything on the net. Would I be fine replacing this with a Nichicon Muse 33 uf 50v bipolar cap?
  17. EastPoint

Finished recapping Knight KN740 aka KN755, and have a few issues. Have schematic/pics

The caps don't really hold enough power for that to be an issue, I wouldn't worry about it. Just leave it off for a few hours before you dig into it.
  18. EastPoint

Pioneer SX-850 scratchy and static after warming up.

Is the issue just on FM or is it on all sources? Both channels or one? If you pull out the rear preamp jumpers does the static disappear or no?
  19. EastPoint

SX-980 6A Fuse

I'd put in the 220 uf, better filtering.
  20. EastPoint

sx1000tx Main amp board recap advice

Modern Nichicon caps have date codes, like 2231 or 9225. Do your caps have date codes? If so, what are they? The first two numbers are the year and the last two are the week of the year. If yours are undated or are old, recap it.
  21. EastPoint

Vintage gear pricing - little love for integrateds?

I was coming to write what RossW did. This is a looks thing. People like the look of vintage gear, and the receivers have the big tuning dial. Integrateds do not have that and therefore there isn’t anywhere near as much demand. Also, the receivers tend to be better known. Everyone who does...
  22. EastPoint

4300/4400 48V DPDT

I got those, along with a lot of other relays, from a Marantz eBay parts seller who closed down a few years ago. I only have a few of them, and I don't know where to get more, unfortunately. I have been working on this issue for a few weeks now. Options: 1. Get Omron to make them again, make...
  23. EastPoint

PIONEER SX-980 worth?

The 980s are going for around $1200 on eBay now. Would I pay that? No. But prices have risen.
  24. EastPoint

SX-850 popping/crackling phono 1 & 2

No, your speakers are fine. It would have to be crazy loud.
Back
Top Bottom