Search results

1. EastPoint

SX-850 popping/crackling phono 1 & 2

No, your speakers are fine. It would have to be crazy loud.
  2. EastPoint

PA1002A workaround / replacement

Just FYI, the TLE2426CLP rail splitters are EOL on Mouser, as are the OPA2134 op-amps. There are infinite numbers of both on eBay from China, but I doubt the quality is there, at least on the op-amps.
  3. EastPoint

Some Ebay sellers should do some research.

The description for that Dual is AI-generated garbage, and those 1019s always need infinite rebuilding.
  4. EastPoint

SX 1250 help

Dirty pushbuttons is an issue with so many in this series...
  5. EastPoint

SG-9500 White Noise

Did you try blasting freeze spray everywhere to see if that does anything? It’s definitely the EQ and not whatever it’s hooked up to?
  6. EastPoint

SX 1250 help

Next time the channel drops out, work all the lever switches and pushbuttons in and out, one by one. Does any particular switch fix the issue?
  7. EastPoint

What's wrong with this picture?

Maybe they used AI for the title?
  8. EastPoint

Dumb, prolly answered SX780 question

Either transistor set is fine. The MJEs are overkill.
  9. EastPoint

Pioneer SX-828 diagnostic/repair assistance needed

Ok, so everything was fine until you started on the amp board? Can you post a few pics of the top of the amp board?
  10. EastPoint

Speaker ID for upcoming sale.

I’m almost positive it says “The Fisher.”
  11. EastPoint

SX-1050 Protection Relay EOL

Thanks for checking! As long as it fits we're good.
  12. EastPoint

Pioneer SX-535 after recap tone board, just one channel working.

KSC1845 are ECB. The 2SC1344s I have seen are BCE as far as I recall.
  13. EastPoint

Pioneer sx1010

Gotta get Wima film caps for the .68 and 1.5. My kit has those so I know you didn’t get it from me.
  14. EastPoint

Another AU-999 getting restored and modded

For what it's worth, the actual power switch in the AU-999 is a cheap and easy-to-find microswitch.
  15. EastPoint

Made in Mexico

They’ve been made there for a while, yes.
  16. EastPoint

Nice SX-780 in for Restoration - a Question for the Experts

Probably a bad STK. Swap them side-to-side if you want an easy way to check. I have seen STKs do the following, all in the SX-780: 1 channel dead 1 channel distorted Receiver won't come out of protection Receiver blows main fuse They can do all sorts of fun things.
  17. EastPoint

Looking for an expert on old vinyl

The free section gets more traffic than the other sections, by an incredible amount. Free means they'll be gone ASAP, $5-10 may take a while. Your mileage may vary, but I have had a lot of success giving stuff away.
  18. EastPoint

I just use a standard 400v 25A or 35A bridge rectifier from Mouser. No need to get all fancy.
  19. EastPoint

I use 10k and upgrade the bridge rectifier.
  20. EastPoint

Looking for an expert on old vinyl

Put them together, list them on Craigslist in the free section, and someone will come by and pick them up. I have given away several boxes of similar LPs in the past. There's always someone who'll want them. It's easier than hauling them to Goodwill where they'll just get tossed or become...
  21. EastPoint

Marantz 2245 runs cool

The heat thing is wildly overrated. A normal Marantz 2245 shouldn't generate any relevant amount of heat during normal use, especially if it's been upgraded to LEDs.
  22. EastPoint

How do you value the tubes (and other goodies) in your gear (when selling)

To maximize your profit, sell the tubes separately to people who are into those, and then put normal boring 12AX7s in the equipment and sell it with those. If you have a receiver that's worth $1000 normally, and it has $1000 worth of fancy tubes in it, you're not going to get $2000 for it, or...
  23. EastPoint

Pioneer SX-9000 repairs

No, this is the worst possible receiver to start on. Get a little Pioneer, an SX-450, SX-434, SX-424, SX-535, that sort of thing, and start with that. The SX-9000 is super-complicated.
  24. EastPoint

Pioneer SA-9800 Filter Cap Replacement

It should be fine, this has come up in the past and other folks have successfully done it.
  25. EastPoint

7070 relay not clicking, does with F-2624 pulled?

Your issue is probably with the driver board. It could be bad output transistors as well but it's probably the usual fuse resistors and such.
Back
Top Bottom