Search results

1. csmith

Yamaha NS 670 Pots.

I still like the idea of an in line fuse or breaker. These drivers ain’t cheap .https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253171160537 How about these?
  2. csmith

Yamaha NS 670 Pots.

Running them with a Yamaha M-85 controlled by a rebuilt Apt/Holman pre. How much more amp would I need?
  3. csmith

Yamaha NS670 re-cap?

Has anyone ever bypassed the mid and tweet level control on Yamaha speakers? I have blown my mids and tweets twice now and am starting to think the pots are the weak link as they looked warped and melted when drivers blew. Can I just unhook them and tie the leads together or should there be a...
  4. csmith

Yamaha NS 670 Pots.

Has anyone ever bypassed the mid and tweet level control on Yamaha speakers? I have blown my mids and tweets twice now and am starting to think the pots are the weak link. Can I just unhook them and tie the leads together or should there be a resistor in place between?
  5. csmith

Realistic 400 direct drive turntable.

I miss Radio Shack. Spent countless hours in the local stare as a kid just looking and wishing. Also loved the catalogs, especially the Christmas editions.
  6. csmith

HPM 100 crossover rebuild

Recap, resolder and maybe upgrade posts
  7. csmith

HPM 100 crossover rebuild

Any suggestions on who I should contact to do my HPM 100 (200 watt version) crossover rebuild?
  8. csmith

RSL 3600 fuse size?

Ok. Thanks
  9. csmith

RSL 3600 fuse size?

Thanks!
  10. csmith

RSL 3600 fuse size?

Thanks. These both had 2 amp but they seem to blow really easy.
  11. csmith

RSL 3600 fuse size?

Looking for info on the correct fuse for the RSL 3600 studio monitor. Thanks in advance
  12. csmith

Technics SL-1360-Which other model tone arms are compatible?

The seller has been very cooperative and is going to give a partial refund because I have decided to keep and repair the table. I've not seen that many 1360's. I've owned several 1350's though. It came with nice cartridge and the loss tacking spindle. Price was decent to begin with.
  13. csmith

I think I'd rather just replace complete tonearm assembly but haven't located one.
  14. csmith

Recently won a Technics SL-1360 on the auction site Decent shape but looks to have come from a heavy smoker. It wasn't packed well and the counterweight snapped off the shaft in transit. Is the shaft replaceable? Or do I have to replace complete assembly? Does anyone have a list of the other...
  15. csmith

Yamaha M-85 good? Please bear with me!

I'm driving 4 hours to pick up an M-85 today!
  16. csmith

My beautiful Pl-630 is home? Thanks pustelniakr!

Pics added :thumbsup:
  17. csmith

I plan to add pics to show the 630 AND show off my listening room:music::rockon:. I have to use my phone as a camera but I haven't quite figure out how to upload them directly to AK from there.
  18. csmith

She's beautiful and so sweet sounding. Better than I ever thought she could be! If anyone ever needs one repaired/restored then pustelniakr is tha man!
  19. csmith

Looking for PL-630/610 Parts

My 630 arrived safely on Saturday morning! She looks, performs and sounds wonderful! Thanks CohibaJoe for your contribution to this and a great big thanks to pustelniakr for all his attention to detail and expertise!
  20. csmith

Looking for PL-630/610 Parts

I'm so excited! Thanks again CohibaJoe!
  21. csmith

Subwoofer with Heresy or some other "fix"?

I plan to eventually do all of that as well. Thinking of doing a black stain and a satin poly over it to match the rest of the furniture and cabinets in my room. Probably do the Bob Crites crossover rebuild. Cabinet bracing and reseal too.
  22. csmith

At first glance. Heresys on the floor in corner toed in. I hear no lack in the bass Dept. So far exactly the addition I was looking for. DCM TF 600's on top. Denon POA pushing the Heresys Onkyo M-282 pushing the DCMs. Sounds great to me. Listening to Santana and McLaughlin.
  23. csmith

Denon Pra 1500, Poa 2200 x2 and a pair of DCM tf600's will b stacked on top. Just picked up the Heresys and can't wait to get home to try them out.
  24. csmith

I am picking up a pair of Hii's today. Never owned Klipsch of any kind. After reading this I am afraid I won't like them. Anyone ever thought of or tried to PORT them for more bass?
Back
Top Bottom