Search results

1. csmith

Yamaha NS 670 Pots.

Has anyone ever bypassed the mid and tweet level control on Yamaha speakers? I have blown my mids and tweets twice now and am starting to think the pots are the weak link. Can I just unhook them and tie the leads together or should there be a resistor in place between?
  2. csmith

HPM 100 crossover rebuild

Any suggestions on who I should contact to do my HPM 100 (200 watt version) crossover rebuild?
  3. csmith

RSL 3600 fuse size?

Looking for info on the correct fuse for the RSL 3600 studio monitor. Thanks in advance
  4. csmith

Technics SL-1360-Which other model tone arms are compatible?

Recently won a Technics SL-1360 on the auction site Decent shape but looks to have come from a heavy smoker. It wasn't packed well and the counterweight snapped off the shaft in transit. Is the shaft replaceable? Or do I have to replace complete assembly? Does anyone have a list of the other...
  5. csmith

My beautiful Pl-630 is home? Thanks pustelniakr!

She's beautiful and so sweet sounding. Better than I ever thought she could be! If anyone ever needs one repaired/restored then pustelniakr is tha man!
  6. csmith

Audio furniture

Looking for a nice audio stand and want a double wide one so that I may put 2 turntables side by side. I am currently looking at the VTI Series BL 503 3-Shelf Audio / Video Rack with optional added 9" shelf and the Salamander Designs Synergy system. Anyone have any experience with these stands?
  7. csmith

Emotiva

Are there any Emotiva fans here? I am looking at buying either a XPA-2 new, or a pair of XP1-L mono blocks to get me by until I can find someone to restore my Denon POA 2400.
  8. csmith

Are there any Denon expert rebuilders in here?

My beloved Denon POA 2200 has bitten the dust. It has performed flawlessly for the last 5 years. A couple weeks ago I was spinning some records an wanted to slide the speakers out toward the living room. Well the wires got snagged on something and they pulled out of the right speaker and touched...
  9. csmith

Looking for PL-630/610 Parts

I am in desperate need for some parts needed for the restoration of my Pioneer PL-630. I am missing the locking collar for the left side tonearm bearing as well as the rubber cover for the drop point adjustment hole. My table is in the very capable hands of AK member pustelniakr . Any and all...
  10. csmith

Yamaha M-4 stuck in protection.

I bought an M-4 a few weeks ago and other than the meter lights not working it performed as it should and sounded great. Last weekend I decided to look inside to see if the cable to the meter lights was broken, unplugged or whatever. I unplugged it and re seated it to no avail. I put the cover...
  11. csmith

C-50 issues.

Just snagged this but haven't received it yet. Guy said it has this issue: "preamp passes signal but the controls phono aux tuner controls freeze up when the preamp warms up" Any Yamaha techs in here that have an idea?
  12. csmith

Ns-670

I recently acquired a beautiful set of Yamaha NS-670's. A 9+ cosmetically. They came with original boxes and are numbered sequentially. The problem is that both mids are out and one tweeter as well. I have read where these can be repaired. I am not the guy to do that. Do any experts in here have...
  13. csmith

Wanting something different.

Well, the wife approves of me getting more speakers. She likes to listen as much as I do but not much into the gear area. I have a pair of DCM tf-600's that she really likes the look and sound of. They don't take up much space and sound great. I like huge speakers with lots of bass and the DCM's...
  14. csmith

Denon DCD-1800 won't read disc

I picked up one of these from the auction site a couple weeks ago for a decent price I thought. It was for repair or parts stating that the drawer would not open. I wanted to pair this up with my PRA 1000 and POA 1500. I bought it thinking this wouldn't be a problem to fix because I have...
  15. csmith

Need a power relay for Pioneer SX 3800

I just picked up a Pioneer SX 3800 that is in fair 7/10 cosmetic condition. I would like to get it going but I need to replace the power relay. I googled the numbers and didn't find anything. Matsushita JC2aD-DC48V AR39016 Matsushita jc2ad-dc 48v ar 39016 7a250v ac 30v dc r-067-0 Also, the...
  16. csmith

Help to ID Pickering cart

There are no markings except Pickering on the top. Any ideas? D100 stylus. Thanks
  17. csmith

Denon POA 1500 Glass

Does anyone have any experience with the glass falling loose in the face of these Denon amps? Any suggestions on what type or brand of glue to replace it with? Procedures? Thanks
  18. csmith

Dh 102 pre-pre

I recently acquired a DH 102 to install into my DH 101 so that I can use my Denon DL-301 cart. I could use a copy of the installation instructions if anyone in here has a copy still available. I can't seem to find anything on this. Zen Mod over at DIYaudio was trying to help me and remembered...
  19. csmith

McIntosh XR 1051'S

I have a new project. I found a pair of McIntosh XR 1051's on CL for $100 and they looked very interesting to me. I contacted the guy and he said the cabs, grills, mids, tweets and crossovers were all there but someone had replaced the original 10' woofer and 12' passive with some cheapo Radio...
  20. csmith

Jbl 035tia

Has anyone ever replaced the diaphragm on a JBL 035TIA tweeter from a 4312b Control Monitor? Hard to do? Pics? Instructions? Thanks
  21. csmith

Pioneer SX 7 RECEIVER

I have been searching for specs on this receiver and cannt find any. Does anyone in here know the wattage output rating on these?? I picked one up yesterday at a local thrift,CHEAP! Everything works. Couple broken speaker clips but for the price I couldn't let it sit.
  22. csmith

Klipsch 4.2 Speakers

Found some of these locally. Anyone here ever heard them? What are they worth needing new foam?
  23. csmith

Sl-1350/ mcs 6710

Will the stacker spindle for MCS 6710 work on the Technics SL 1350?
  24. csmith

TT resonance from Vega D-9's

What would be the cheapest fix to keep my ONKYO CP-1130F from feeding back from the bass of my D-9'S? I was able to crank my NLA's and my Mach's but the Vegas are a different story. Looking into getting a heavier TT like Technics 1300 or comparable but I love the sound and features of my ONKYO.
  25. csmith

Mcs tone arm for technics

Looking into getting an MCS 6710 but wondered if I could exchange the tone arm for a Technics with a removable head? Wanted a Technics TT but people seem to think they are worth their weight in gold
Back
Top Bottom