Search results

1. mdewberry

Magnavox 196 AA question

Just dug this amp out of a console that I have owned for more than 10 years! Need some direction. I got it working by jumping the molex connector. Connected speaker to 1,2, gnd. Only getting sound out of one channel. Connect speakers through the g,1 connection and through the set of wires...
  2. mdewberry

Bluetooth receiver to hook to an audio system. What's out there, where to start??

Went through the same thing just recently. No cables. Looked online and found a lot of reviews for a Logitech at 5 stars. Works very well and easy to connect. Found it at my local BB on sale for 22 bucks! https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/bluetooth-audio-adapter?crid=1548
  3. mdewberry

Cleaning Tube Pins -- De-Oxit or Tri-Flow or ???

As above, point taken. Just a suggestion to try something different. No harm nor foul.
  4. mdewberry

No disrespect here, as I love the advice and knowledge of all AKers' Actually, US Currency is printed on 75% cotton and 25% linen as described on the following website.. https://www.moneyfactory.gov/hmimpaperandink.html Its the weave that helps clean. Just like using an old t-shirt for...
  5. mdewberry

Believe or not, use a fresh crisp dollar bill! This is trick that I had learned from an HVAC tech to clean ignitor or low pressure gas probe. Use it like a strip of sandpaper around each pin and soak the sockets in Deox. If you think you need a more expensive cleaner to do the job, you could...
  6. mdewberry

Need info on this Console

ditto what mibag6 said and Welcome!!
  7. mdewberry

80's Realistic receiver owners: your opinion needed

I agree with Rex81. I have a 2600 that i picked up at the GW still in the box for like $18. It currently sits in office are with a pair of KLH Model 17's and a pair of Baby Advents all connected to Apple Mac Pro. Love the look and was presently surprised how well it sounds. Not sure who made...
  8. mdewberry

Why i love the Akai gear

I own and use as a main setup a Akai AA-1200 ( use everyday and would have some issues if something happened to her) GX-747dbx (best non commercial R2R that i own) GXR-82D (8track that plays like new) I Love my AKAI's
  9. mdewberry

What music did you discover and enjoy this year ?

Honestly, i did not crawl out from under a rock, but i found Fleetwood Mac! Wife loves them...I never gave it a chance! Long live Rock and Roll and the BLUES!
  10. mdewberry

New toy- old console...

Been there...done that....and it has worked on five different consoles! Excellent suggestion!
  11. mdewberry

Time for new old speakers!!

Update. Starting digging around the local area and found a set of sleepers. I picked a set of Frazier Mk IV for $50.00! Well thought of from the few posts that I found. Apparently the owner and Paul Klipsch were good friends and shared some of the same design thoughts on the Mk IV and the...
  12. mdewberry

Here is one. http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?/topic/5746-stacked-advents-as-reviewed-by-the-absolute-sound-magazine/
  13. mdewberry

I do like my Ohm Walsh 2's. The reciever and turntable combo i use them with are in a whole different area of the house and they sound quite "lovely".
  14. mdewberry

Love the vintage gear and have the itch to buy a new speaker setup!! Love my Advents/KLH family line. Here's the problem... I want to do the Double Stack Advent OLA's...Can't see any reason why I wouldn't love them. My ears are tuned to the ADVENT sound. Here's the PROBLEM.... Momma says"How...
  15. mdewberry

Ohm Walsh2 - Amplifier Info needed

Not sure if this needs to be in the Solid State area or Speaker area. Reference speakers are Ohm Walsh2 - 4 ohm at 125Watts (recommended amp 125W) Currently have a low wattage 8ohm preamp (Advent 300) with a wonderful phono stage in it. Want to purchase an amplifier to drive the speakers...
  16. mdewberry

Not all Jensen Advents are bad

Cant help but feel the love for the Advent stuff. Currently working on some OLA's (complete rebuild), but in my listening area are a pair of Advent 6003's that sound amazing!! When other audio friends hear them, they are surprised how well they sound. I haven't had the opportunity to listen to...
  17. mdewberry

Old stuff plus new stuff

Amen to that!!!!! The new vinyl releases are hit and miss! But some of the new stuff thumps on vintage gear!!
  18. mdewberry

Best small receiver (physically)

Advent 300, small compact and packs a punch! Affordable and solid built!
  19. mdewberry

Looking for a good tech near Northwest Arkansas

Sweet post to see a fellow AK'er from NWA!!! Since Stereo One closed and lost the "TECH" finding service varies on what work you are needing. I have had vintage car radios repaired/reconditioned in Rogers. About 5 years ago I found a gentleman on the East side of Springdale that helped me with...
  20. mdewberry

JBL help needed with identification

Want to close this with " I found out what they are" JBL Venue Series Stage line. Told him to keep them.
  21. mdewberry

JBL help needed with identification

Here we go with another "What are these" A friend is trying to sell his parents speakers and he is not living close enough to get a model number off of these, I am thinking about buying them. I have purchased some really nice old gear from them over the years and wondering if I'm looking at...
  22. mdewberry

What audio brand do you not own that you hope/plan to in the future?

Love my 70's gear but its time to breakdown and buy my first Thoren's table (want to understand the love). Speakers to upgrade to Klipschorn or some LaScala II (heard both and even had a demo with some with my gear). Both of these can handle the big boy Akai!!
  23. mdewberry

Don't want to smoke anything! Advice Please..

I know that this discussion is out there and have read many threads on this, but don't see the answer I am looking for. Just picked up a Advent 300 (excellent phono section) that I want to connect to my Akai AA-1200. The Advent has the power amp in/preamp out jumpers and the Akai does not. Is...
  24. mdewberry

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Papa John Creach on Ohm Walsh 2.......
  25. mdewberry

Who Has The Oldest Speakers In Regular Use?

KLH Model 20 Plus, truly a daily llisten!! They aren't massive but have some great tone for jazz!!
Back
Top Bottom