Search results

1. skippy_ps

NAS to Node

I was messing around with the Synology NAS tonight and figured out that I can play back music on the NAS directly to the Bluesound Node. Audio Station then select Node from the clicky thing in the lower right corner. It's somewhat of a pita to get the Node interface on a pc or tablet to...
  2. skippy_ps

Eye Drops Recalled

Possible eye infections that could lead to blindness. Products from CVS Health, Target, Rite Aid and Cardinal Health. https://apnews.com/article/eyedrops-recall-fda-infection-cvs-rite-aid-a9471104de34efd152137d3fdba9c260
  3. skippy_ps

This Walkway

4. skippy_ps

BMW E60 Fuel Leak

A few weeks ago I started smelling gas around the left rear tire. Look underneath and couldn't see any gas dripping. Checked on the 'net and couldn't find anything on point. Then it started getting worse and I found some videos about the fuel filter underneath the rear seat. Pulled the seat...
  5. skippy_ps

Cambridge AXR100

Just got this today - hooked it up and listening to some FM right now. I wasn't expecting much from the FM but it's surprisingly nice sounding (roof UHF/VHF/FM antenna). Connected a Bluesound Node via coax to the receiver's internal dac and it works well. Withholding judgment on the internal...
  6. skippy_ps

Tire Shop Funnies

I took the BMW to a local big-chain tire shop this morning for 4 tires. Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S. Everything seems to be going pretty smoothly until one of the older guys walks by my car as the new LR tire is leaning against the hub, points at it and says something to one of the guys nearby...
  7. skippy_ps

Rest in peace Frank Williams

Started Formula 1 racing with practically nothing. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-legendary-f1-team-boss-sir-frank-williams-dies-aged-79.mCPM4nj5n62elIhFoPhtv.html (from Wiki) Williams, short on cash and conducting team business from a telephone box after being...
  8. skippy_ps

Just Hooked Up New Bluesound Node

The Node that was just released. Connected it to my wired network and the OS found the streamer right away but nothing worked. Couldn't add music service or just listen to 'net radio. Nothing. Setup the OS on a tablet and was then able to add Amazon HD music and magically Amz magically...
  9. skippy_ps

Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

3 and 6 ton models. It seems that some of them are subject to sudden failure. Return to store for a gift card. https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/Jack-Stand-Recall-56371_61196_61197.pdf
  10. skippy_ps

E60 Coolant Leak

M-54 engine. A couple of weeks ago I'm getting an alert on the dash that coolant is low. Hmmm, what could that possibly be? What's coolant, anyway? Do I really need that or is it just some kind of trick. :) Sure enough, antifreeze is nearly a quart low. Poked around some with a flashlight...
  11. skippy_ps

Earthquake Palm Springs

A few minutes ago. Lots of fast shaking for maybe 10 seconds. Pots an pans rattling but no damage. No data yet. Murray Edit: 4.9 near Anza.
  12. skippy_ps

Topping D50S

Just got this, took it home and hooked it up. Didn't even bother to take that clear plastic thing off the window on the front. Sorry for the not so great pic as it's hard to get a good pic indoors with it stuck in the cabinet. Synology NAS, usb then analog up to preamp. Don't want to hurt...
  13. skippy_ps

Shure V15VxMR with Jico Stylus

VN5xMR SAS/B Jico stylus. Boron cantilever. I bought the cartridge, umm, a long time ago but the diamond literally broke off the cantilever a few years ago. Just got around to getting the new stylus. Got the stylus today, hooked it up and so far so good. Sounds great. Mani phono pre amp...
  14. skippy_ps

Refurbished Nikon Lens

Just got this today - 35mm DX, AF 1.8. From B&H. Lens looks like brand new and seems to work fine. Very light and compact - I'm looking forward to using it. Wanted one of these for a long time just never did it.
  15. skippy_ps

Metal Disintegration Bolt Removal

Never heard of this before for removing broken bolts. The guy has the whole thing done in 10 minutes while I would have spent hours messing with it.
  16. skippy_ps

Lemans

10 hours, 20 mins to go. Forgot that this was running this weekend, then it took me quite a while to find it on the TV. Motor Trend TV on cable - didn't even know that I had this. Toyotas leading 1 and 2. #63 Corvette currently running 4th while both top running Aston Martins crashed out...
  17. skippy_ps

Brake Fluid Flush

'05 530i. Long over due. Ended up using about 2.5 quarts of brake fluid - ATE SL.6, DOT 4LV. Not too hard to do once I got the routine down. Let that bottle fill with old fluid and once you get about 2" in the bottom, close the bleeder, dump it into a coffee can, then go again until it...
  18. skippy_ps

Alonso Doesn't Qualify for 500

https://www.apnews.com/a8653967a9714ac7a9a3ba576f712fff
  19. skippy_ps

Gen 5 USB

Finally got this board to install in my Bifrost MB that I've had for a couple of years or so. Old board on the left and new on on the right. Then a pic of the bottom of the old board with those pins that you have to line up with the main board. :sweating: New board comes with new stand-offs...
  20. skippy_ps

ZF 6HP19 Solenoids

'05 530i, M54, 70k miles. Some erratic shifting - didn't what to shift to 3rd at 3/4 throttle, sometimes would shift back and forth between 3 and 4 at light throttle, jerky 1-2 and 2-3 shift. Changed the atf, twice and reset adaptations using a scanner. Better but still sometimes it seems...
  21. skippy_ps

MR-77

Dug this out from underneath a stack of LPs and plugged it in. I've been listening to the MR-71 for quite a while as well as HD FM through the ht receiver. But rearranged some gear (NAD pre and NAD amp) and got everything connected. This is still a superb tuner with beautiful sound...
  22. skippy_ps

Air Lift '00 Mountaineer

I have droopy butt on the Mountie, down about 2" in the rear. Got the bag kit and wireless compressor set up and installed it last weekend. I had a hard time trying to find a place to put the compressor and manifold but finally settled on putting the manifold on top of the spare tire mount and...
  23. skippy_ps

Clunk from front end

2000 Mountaineer/Explorer AWD. When going over one of those speed bump things, I'm getting a clunk from the right front or at least is sounds like from that area. Not a metal on metal sound but with a little thud sound mixed in. I've already replaced upper and lower ball joints, upper control...
  24. skippy_ps

Leaf Spring Spacer

Quite a while ago, I noticed that the spacer/sliding thing was missing from the end of one of the spring leaves (leafs?). Tried finding them on the 'net and nothing. Zero. 2000 Mountaineer/Explorer. The spring is 2 1/2" wide and the hole is 1/2" in diameter. Ended up just ordering a Dorman...
  25. skippy_ps

KYB Shocks

Put a set on the '00 Mountie recently and what a difference from the Monroes that were on it. The KYBs are much smoother and there is way less head toss - rocking side to side when going over an angled depression in the road. Wish I had done this sooner. Excel-G.
Back
Top Bottom