Search results

1. K

Pioneer HPM-100 Restoration Project (Veneer removal)

My apologies for bumping an old thread - but I'm about to go through this process on my second set of HPM100s and was curious how these turned out. Mine are in similar shape and the previous owners cat sprayed the bottom of one so that will have to be replaced altogether. Usually when people do...
  2. K

Audio for outdoor projector setup?

So I re-rean the setup last night and used Star Wars clips streamed off of youtube to guage speaker placement and levels... I actually picked up a QSC CP8 from Guitar Center to compare. While the CP8 is obscenely loud by comparison and very clean I also found it to be somewhat mid heavy to the...
  3. K

Audio for outdoor projector setup?

We started using an outdoor projection setup for football games and potential movie nights last weekend. It's temporary and has to be setup and broken down before and after each use. I happen to have a spare set of HPM 100s that the cabs are trashed on I was considering having the local Line X...
  4. K

Setting up backyard projector/amp... need power advice

We redid our back yard with the hopes of showing games in the back yard on a 135” rear projection screen during football season. Our back yard currently has one outlet but I was planning on wiring another off of a bedroom - which I recall being a 15 amp 14-2 wire. Equipment: Epson 2150...
  5. K

Will a 13a/125v AC cord be sufficient to power a 110wpc receiver?

I'm setting up a garage stereo system and want to keep my JVC RX 317 receiver inside a Gladiator cabinet to avoid it getting dusty... the cabinet doesn't have any holes large enough to accommodate a power cord and I wanted to avoid just drilling a large hole and shoving a bunch of cables/cords...
  6. K

Rebuilding HPM100s with HPM900 mid and PTr14A/s910 tweeters...

No - I’ve got those but am planning on having them recapped. In another thread someone mentioned modifying the crossovers to accommodate the tweeters though. That’s what I’m trying to figure out: should I use specific values on the caps?
  7. K

Just got the tweeters in the mail:
  8. K

I've got another set with 900 mids and 1010 tweeters that sounds unbelievable! I was going to try and grab some dss9 tweeters but ended up finidng a good deal on the 910 tweeters so I went with those... I would imagine the set I'm currently about to build is pretty close sonically!
  9. K

Water damaged cabinets. Worth fixing?

While we're on the topic - where are you guys getting the pieces of walnut veneer? Ebay?
  10. K

Any suggestions on how to wire the crossovers so nothing explodes! Lol
  11. K

Is $200 a good price for a MINT Pioneer SX-1000TW with original box/packing/manual?

To follow up - I ended up getting it from the guy for like $175 and it's in spectacular condition! Sounds incredible with my JVC turntable and hooked up to my modded HPM 100s!
  12. K

Filling and painting HPM100s that are in rough cosmetic shape?

I've got a set of HPM100s in great shape that the walnut is absolutley perfect on... I picked up another set a few years back that are unfortunately that are in pretty rough shape cosmetically: water damage on just the very bottom of one of the speakers... maybe a cat got it?, dinged corners...
  13. K

Is $200 a good price for a MINT Pioneer SX-1000TW with original box/packing/manual?

Hmmm. Thanks for the assessment. I've read varying reports... I actually had the opportunity to pick up a second SX850 for $200 in great condition yesterday but thought about it to long and missed the opportunity:(
  14. K

Accidentally stumbled across it locally... the Walnut case looks great! All functions working as they should - although I'm guessing it's rocking the original caps. I've got an SX850 now that I love. Wasn't sure if $200 was a good deal or not for an SX-1000TW?
  15. K

Denon DL160 cantilever not centered on cart?

Hey guys thanks for the advice and tips! I have a few reputable dealers in the area I could heck with... it has not been used regularly over the past 2-3 years as it's at a second home. Loads of records when I first got it and then play tapered off over time. It sounded fantastic the last time I...
  16. K

Denon DL160 cantilever not centered on cart?

I've had a DL160 on my Technics 1200 for about 6-8 years now and have regularly maintained it. I happened to clean it with an onzow zerodust last weekend by gently dipping it in with the cue lever and then gently pulling it back up... so in the process I noticed the cantilever isn't really...
  17. K

JVC TD661 intermittently stops playing...

So I'll ask the stupid question - is the idler tire for this deck anywhere in the pic I posted? Next stupid question - can you buy a replacement? I've got about 4 other JVC dual decks and at least one that's iffynon one side... so I could cannibalize that if it's the same parts I guess...
  18. K

JVC TD661 intermittently stops playing...

I grabbed it off eBay for $50 and it is absolutely mint... even came with the box and manual. Seller said it had been stored in climate controlled area since new and never used. Plugged it up and did a test play through and it sounds fantastic. For no ryhme or reason the tape will stop in...
  19. K

Replacing bottom of HPM 100: getting it off and wood type to use?

That's ok - if worse comes to worse I'll just utilize the front and cut new cabinets out! I was just going to attempt cutting the bottom out first... it'll have to wait a few weeks until I'm on vacation though... just looking for different ideas or experiences now!
  20. K

Ok checked them out today - it appears to be 3/4" particle board that is glued on with clear glue and triangular wedges that meet the side and bottom. I wonder if I could use a heat gun to loosen up the glue?
  21. K

JVC QL-Y5F arm is slightly drifting when off the record?

I've had the turntable for a few years and it plays beautifully... I did more recently notice that the arm seems to drift back towards the outside of the record when not on the record and playing. If fiddled with the antiskate and this doesn't seem to change the arm slowly moving. While playing...
  22. K

So I had the misfortune of picking up a second pair of HPM100s that I later discovered a cat had repeatedly marked the bottom of. I've made several attempts at deodorizing the speakers but the MDF on the bottom clearly soaked up a ton of cat pee!? The veneer was bubbled in spots where the...
  23. K

Replacement turntable mat for Technics SL-Q5?

Yeah I figure some strategically placed holes and a hole saw in the middle will do the trick with a standard technics mat...
Back
Top Bottom