Search results

1. epifanatic

Little Feat

Took my son to see Little Feat at Omaha’s historic Orpheum Theatre last night. What a great show. The band was spot on as usual and it was nice to expose the younger generation to my generations music. He loved it, was blown away by the musicianship. If their tour brings them to your neck of the...
  2. epifanatic

@gklainer Great Seller

I wouldn't hesitate doing business with Gary. @gklainer. Great packaging, great communication.
  3. epifanatic

Micro Seiki help

I was listening to a record Saturday night on my Micro Seiki DD-35 and all of a sudden one channel loses about seventy percent of it's gain. I start by checking the fuses in my Magnepan MGIIIa's and they're good. Then I looked at the stylus to see if it snagged a piece dust, nothing...
  4. epifanatic

R.I.P. Gene Taylor

Very sad, legendary piano player. https://www.facebook.com/groups/45573038878/permalink/10158955673343879/
  5. epifanatic

EPI M1000's Omaha CL

Man, I'm soooooo tempted. https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/omaha-epi-m1000-monster-speakers/7215820069.html
  6. epifanatic

R.I.P. Gale Sayers

One of the greatest. Grew up and went to school here in Omaha. Still holds some H.S. track records IIRC.
  7. epifanatic

1977 FJ40 Landcruiser

This is in our shop for a small oil leak. Recently restored to the tune of 100k. The resto looks to be top-notch. Just thought I’d post a little eye candy.
  8. epifanatic

A lovely spring evening....

....here in Omaha. and it's still coming down.
  9. epifanatic

New Supra

Our dealership received one last week. Nice looking, BMW drivetrain. Two recalls already. If I’m spending 60k on a car it’s going to be from Germany or Italy.
  10. epifanatic

Ugh

I absolutely hate this weather. Fortunately tomorrow is looking much better. I’ve been trying to talk the Mrs. into moving to the PNW, no luck thus far.
  11. epifanatic

Congrats to my baby girl!!

Our youngest received her BFA from the University of Nebraska Omaha today! Couldn’t be more proud. Congrats, Cari.
  12. epifanatic

My system, 2019

Micro Seiki DD-35/Denon dl-103r Nikko Gamma 30 tuner/Beta 20 preamp Music Hall cd 15.2 Adcom GFA 555mk2 Magnepan MGIIIa's I'm content, the whole system works quite well together. Two additions this year will be, a new dustcover for the Micro Seiki and a power conditioner.
  13. epifanatic

Santa's new ride?

1989 Caddy limo/snowcat. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/this-1989-cadillac-limousine-turned-snowcat-is-real-and-for-sale-1.4819782
  14. epifanatic

Time Flies

I just realized, I turned 10 here a few days ago. Thanks for putting up with me guys. I've met some great people and lost some great people in 10 years on this forum. I've learned an awful lot as well. My system and way of looking at gear and evaluating the myriad of variables has evolved as...
  15. epifanatic

And this is what happens.......

.....when you re-foam an OLA woofer after too much wine.
  16. epifanatic

Dayumm!!

It's a little chilly. I think the wind chill is something like -30.
  17. epifanatic

Denon DL103r

I have one on the way, my first mc. I know there are a few of you that run these so I'm looking for any input you may have regarding set up and loading. I'll be mounting to a Micro Seiki DD-35 with a stock arm running through a Nikko Beta 20 pre. Thanks in advance.
  18. epifanatic

nolasally

Do not hesitate when considering doing business with Josh, fine AK seller.:thumbsup:
  19. epifanatic

What to do with this big-a $$ woofer?

Picked this up today, (so cool looking, I couldn't resist) from a guy at work. I'd like to build a sub for the Magnepan MGIIIa's. I'm currently using a couple of late model powered Klipsch ho-hum 10's. A tapped horn has been suggested by a friend, an OB by another but I'm open to suggestions...
  20. epifanatic

APT Holman 2...opinions, experiences?

Like the title says. Looking at one now.
  21. epifanatic

Micro Seiki DD-35

Jumped on CL last night not expecting to find much and saw this. It had just been listed and I was the first to contact the seller. We arranged a time today and I picked it up. After a good cleaning and Deoxit of the bias pots it's up and running. I mounted my Grado Prestige/8MZ, adjusted...
  22. epifanatic

Elvis Costello at the Hard Rock

Lisa and I will be heading up to Sioux City on Friday to see E.C. and the Imposters.:thmbsp::music: We scored a nice deal on a room, (Lisa's a travel agent) and it will be so nice to have some "us" time. Review to follow.:smoke:
  23. epifanatic

D'oh!!!

I'm normally not one to post this kind of thing but.................:headslap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epicure-Model-10-Speakers-Extremely-Rare-Made-in-USA-/201349182332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee158b37c no affiliation whatsoever
  24. epifanatic

SW-450 Sub...

I have a chance to pick up a pair of these for next to nothing. I don't really have a need for them yet, (eventually a HT set-up) but the price is too good to pass up. Thoughts? Opinions? Anything I need to look out for?
  25. epifanatic

BMW i8

I took the car in for service this morning and spotted this on the drive. Beautiful car, impossible to get in and out of. The door sill is extremely high and the door itself doesn't go up far enough so you kinda have to be a contortionist. The powertrain is cutting edge all the way, 0-60 in 3.6...
Back
Top Bottom