Search results

1. stereocuuple

C34v monitor amp with JBL .001 loads

The little amp that does. This 20 watt amp is better sounding than the MC 502 it is replacing. We have decided to not move forward with the 500 set.
  2. stereocuuple

Barzilay with 001 load in the nouse.

Erin & I picked up a very nice set of JBL loaded cabs last evening. We are wondering if anyone here could hazard a guess as to the sensitivity of the system. Interior dim. are approx. 27"x22"x16" with 2 port tubes 4" dia. and 6" deep. They sound simply wonderful.
  3. stereocuuple

look what followed us home

Went MCM furniture shopping. Paid the shops asking price.
  4. stereocuuple

New $3.00 fee for craigslist.

just saw this today. So long old friend. I ain't paying a fee so botscan spam me from all over the place. Thoughts?
  5. stereocuuple

MPI 4 back home to stay this time.

Made the 8 hour round trip to get our scope back from st Charles Mo. So far all appears to be working might need a lamp in the CRT grid display. Lookey loos must have fiddled with every knob during the estate sale so it needs a full set up & focus. Thank god somebody did not buy it. Mike...
  6. stereocuuple

removal of front panel on MCD 7000

Anyone ever done this? As many know I am limited by my eyesight but I feel I can do this with some advice. Can the entire upper and lower sections including the endcaps be removed in one piece? The lamp needs replaced or reseated is the reason I ask. Thanks Eric & Erin
  7. stereocuuple

MCD 7000 opinions please.

We have an opportunity to buy a MCD 7000 locally. The deck has had service by a trusted local tech in the last 3 months. Included is the org. remote, manual & shipping carton. The price is well below the recent completed sales on the bay. Seeking your thoughts on adding this to our C34v...
  8. stereocuuple

Kef 104/2 with our MC2002. WOW!

Just got these home today. Threw on some 80s brit pop and I am impressed. Stable 4 ohm load so the 2002 is feeding them 300 watts. They may well be 92db but they like power. Very dynamic and non fatiguing so far. We have had other brit speakers but these are the first KEF product for us...
  9. stereocuuple

Traded for a nice lil score today

Much as we have tried our ALON IV mkII have never seemed to fit in with our room or our electronics. Today we traded them for a system consisting of the following. Parasound P/HP 850 preamp Parasound HCA 1000A poweramp (John Curl) Focal 706v monitors (Macassar Ebony) Pair of very lackluster...
  10. stereocuuple

Phono stage shootout. Mac C34v vs. Crown DL 2

So I got bored and set up a little test today. Test LP is Alison Krauss live (180g mofi) vpi cleaned. I am powering the crown DL 2 with the SL 1 pre for DC volts only. The C34v is stock from audio classics. Cart is a Grado ref platinum (moving iron). To my great surprise the Crown blew...
  11. stereocuuple

Better call Saul. MCINTOSH sighting

Been meaning to post this since monday nite.
  12. stereocuuple

It's moving day for Mcintosh system.

109 deg heat index says time to go back to the downstairs listening room. It is a long process to replace the CROWN system with the mac's but hopefully it will bear fruit. We recently added some RBH 1044se speakers to the hoard so looking fwd. to hearing them with the Mcintosh. They sound...
  13. stereocuuple

RBH 1044 se. What a surprise these are.

Just got these in a bundle of speakers. First impression is WOW!. these need power and we have it. All CROWN electronics w PL 4 power amp is shockingly good results so far. Fast as hell with near full range bass in our big room. I have overlooked this manufacturer for years and i can't for...
  14. stereocuuple

Mcintosh XD 717 early version speakers

I have a chance to buy a pair from a friend locally in excellent + condition. Not much info out there. From what I did find I noticed there was no mention of them needing a MQ101 or other Mcintosh EQ. We have a C34v which has the 5 band and I am guessing that would cover their needs. Looking...
  15. stereocuuple

New arrival thanks Mrs. stereocuuple

MC 2002 More pics and first impressions to come
  16. stereocuuple

MC 2002 to replace 2205 need advice please.

We have a chance to pick up a 2002 with cabinet & box, manual. It would be possibly a temporary replacement while we get our 2205 restored. The 2205 need the left ch serviced but we are thinking of the whole enchilada. Full recap & restore which will take time. I have options for MC 2125...
  17. stereocuuple

C 34v Thank god for the monitor amp.

First time we have ever used it. Plenty of output for the playoffs. It would be fun to see what some high efficiency speakers would do. We don't own any but that may change while sorting out the MC 2205 issue. What have any of you driven with your monitor amp section.
  18. stereocuuple

Sick MC 2205 please comfort us.

Not going to repair this. It's just too heavy for me to lift any longer. Left Ch is acting up after warm up. I still have some diag. to do but am sure it is the amp. Starts fine then drops in output and distorts. Considered kicking it but Mcintosh puts glass on to stop you. Then I began...
  19. stereocuuple

Crown DL2 B series moving coil phono preamp.

Well this shouldn't work but it does and damn good at that. Our Crown SL 1 obviously has no chassis ground to use with a outboard MM stage and I was getting crazy trying to ground a cheap MM stand in stage till I bought a better one. I decided to connect the DL 2 and use its ground along with...
  20. stereocuuple

Moving the Macs upstairs. Wish me luck with the Mc 2205

well the time has come. The wifi will be off for a bit so lets hope my back holds out.
  21. stereocuuple

Regret after posting gear for sale.

Today I received an offer to pay my asking price for our Pioneer RT 1020L and a lot of tape. Unfortunately I made the mistake of listening to it Friday night with Erin. I had completely forgotten how great it sounds. We really do not use the deck much. In fact it has sat for 9 months...
  22. stereocuuple

fair price to pay. Crown powerline4 w cabinet

Erin & I are thinking of buying a second PL4 to run monos with our crown stack and martin logan aerius I. There are very few listing for sale or sold but seem to be in the 4 to 5 hundred range for the amp and closer to $600.00 with a cab. Of course these amps need service and lack of service...
  23. stereocuuple

Probably never se another on. Magnavox cass changer

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/d/olathe-vintage-magnivox-stereo-cassette/7324441199.html
  24. stereocuuple

Rescued some local Crown gear UPDATE

What to do now
  25. stereocuuple

crown stack UPDATE

Seller is asking $1,400.00 includes all org boxes and paperwork. what do you all say about this price. I hace contacted the seller.
Back
Top Bottom