Search results

1. P

Bizarro Speakers

Anyone out there ave any encounters with a speaker system called the Rich 20/20? A friend of mine dropped these off for a test drive and they are indeed unique but cannot find much info about them. The company name is Bogen & Rich out of Yonkers NY. The sound is not bad but they seem to be a...
  2. P

Sears Silvertone Tuner Find

Hello all......found this at a local flea market and although it is a Sears brand, I couldn't resist and brought it home.Nice quality wood cabinet and I think it looks too cool. Works great too. Cannot find any info on this. Looks like late 60's styling to me. View attachment 1035464 Maybe...
  3. P

Eico 2536 Info Needed

Hello all, Does anyone out there have the schematic for an Eico Model 2536 tube receiver? I have one of these that I'm looking to bring back to life. Looked every were on line with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  4. P

Fisher Console Find

Hello.......looks like it will have to find a new home, just have to decide what to ask for it and the best place to sell it.
  5. P

Fisher Console Find

Hello all! Picked this console up yesterday at tagger 5 minutes from the house. Fisher Electra and it came with a pair of small rectangular Fisher "Wide Surround" speakers (not pictured). Everything appears to work and it sound great! Tubes appear to be all original Now I have to decide whether...
  6. P

Ampex Console Find

Picked this up yesterday after answering a Craig's List ad. Lady was going to chuck this in the dumpster if nobody came and got it. Glad I was able to rescue it. I was going to gut it but the cabinet is in very good condition so I think I will clean it up and go from there. Looking to find an...
  7. P

Nakamichi PA-5 amp & CA-5A preamp

Hello all.....these two were freebies on Craig's List and I was lucky enough to get them. I hooked them up and everything seems to be running fine. The guy I got these from told me that they were part of his aunt's system that she used in her art studio. She was a painter and there's splotches...
  8. P

New H.H. Scott Find

Hello all.......just picked up a Scott 299B integrated amp from a local estate sale. The sale listing showed a photo of the amp, so I figured I had better be there early. I found out that the people operating the sale were giving out numbers before the start so I was at the location by 7AM for...
  9. P

Fisher 800c now operational

Hello all......finally got around to having my Fisher 800c restored by a local tech who's specialty is tube gear.....needless to say, the sound is fantabulous! I have the wood case for it but decided to run it naked....the look of the glowing tubes is way too cool to hide. This is my first...
  10. P

Klh 363 & harman kardon find

Hello all.....my wife and I stumbled upon an estate sale that was on it's second day and while there I noticed a pair of KLH Model 363 speakers. I asked the lady running the sale how much she wanted for them and she said $10 for the pair. I agreed and then she said there's another piece of...
  11. P

Fisher Model E-48 Console Find

Hello all.....I picked up a Fisher Electra Model E-48 console yesterday from a second hand furniture store for $40!!! It appears to be loaded up with tubes marked with the Fisher logo. Everything works (except the Garrard t-table). I was going to strip out the amp and preamp/tuner but the...
  12. P

Speaker Mixing

Hello all.....I picked up a pair of Boston Acoustics Model HD10 speakers today at an estate sale. The condition of these was excellent and so was the price ($15). I got them home and decided to unhook two of the four large Advents I am currently running on my main system and give these Bostons a...
  13. P

Acurus A250 power amp

Hello all.......recently picked up an Acurus A250 power amp at a tag sale. The guy told me he was selling it for a friend and that the asking price was $100. Well, after explaining to him that there was no way for me to test it in his garage we settled on $40. Brought it home and tested it and...
  14. P

Fisher 800C found at tag sale

Hello all....my wife and I checked out an indoor tag sale about a week ago and I asked the guy running it if he had any old stereo gear. He told me to follow him and he opened a closet door and pulled out an old tape recorder......but I happened to spy the Fisher in the closet and asked if it...
  15. P

Tubular Sherwood

Hello all.....picked these up today at a tagger we stopped at while giving my wifey a driving lesson. I asked the guy if he had any old stereo gear and he said follow me and off we went to his basement. He told me he uses these on occasion when he's hanging out down there. I asked him how much...
  16. P

H.H. Scott Integrated amp & tuner

I just scored a H.H. Scott Type 222C integrated amp and 350D tuner at an estate sale for $40. I've yet to power these up yet. I'm not familiar with tube gear.....any advice on what to look for before giving these some juice? The lady who ran the sale didn't know if these were in use, but they...
  17. P

Yamaha CS-70

I honestly didn't pay much attention to Yamaha gear until yesterday when I picked this CS-70 receiver up. The build quality is superb and the flip clock/timer and removable keyed power knob are a riot! This thing rocks too with plenty of punch and the tuning section is very good. I just need to...
  18. P

Yamaha CS-70 Info

Thanks, it is very clean! I am guessing it might be a manufacture for a foreign market that made it's way here via a purchase from a military person.....but that's just a guess. The kid I got it from said he got it from his father's friend.
  19. P

Yamaha CS-70 Info

Hello all, I just picked up an offbeat receiver.....Yamaha CS-70. It has a flip clock with timer and also a removable power knob that has a key! I guess if you didn't want anyone goofing around with your stereo, you just took the power knob with you. Does anyone know anything about this model...
Back
Top Bottom