Search results

1. ToasterBin

Hi Nakdoc, I believe I read on another thread that you have expertise with minidisc players. I...

Hi Nakdoc, I believe I read on another thread that you have expertise with minidisc players. I hope that is correct. My question is that I have two Sony JA3ES disc players with the same problem and that is when a disk is inserted it display TOC Reading and few seconds later it ejects. Is...
  2. ToasterBin

Sony JA3-ES Disc Eject

Hi I have a Sony JA3-ES that will read the table of contents of a disc when inserted, but then ejects any that I try and I get a Disc Error message. I've left it on for awhile and made several attempts all with the same result. Any idea what I need to do? Thanks!
  3. ToasterBin

Missing artists in SONOS Music Library

Well, come to find out, the limitation is a hardware issue with the older Connects (bought mine in 2008 or thereabouts...) so firmware updates won't help. At some point, I will have to make a decision regarding Sonos...upgrade or find something else. My reluctance to find something else is...
  4. ToasterBin

Do you know if that is v10.6?
  5. ToasterBin

Oh, wow that is good news, because I have been about ready to dump Sonos because of it. I have older SONOs connects so I hope it works with those too. Thanks for letting me know
  6. ToasterBin

Replacing an IPod Classic

Hmm, may have to do a little research on that, thanks
  7. ToasterBin

Replacing an IPod Classic

Been awhile since I last posted... I'm looking to replace my iPod Classic, as it is starting to fail. I want something that is durable, has a good deal of storage for music only and, of course, sounds superb (relatively). I am looking at the HIDIZS AP80 High Resolution Lossless MP3 Music...
  8. ToasterBin

Yamaha KX 1200 Issue

Hey Chris, I also experience a slight hum, but also not at listening volumes so I actually put it out of my mind til you mentioned it again. If you find out what it is let me know. It is a superb deck... Welcome to Audiokarma. There is a lot of good info to be had here, and if you are...
  9. ToasterBin

Yamaha KX 1200 Issue

Thanks for asking. I found a local guy who repairs cassettes as a sideline. It is now working fine and I am quite pleased with it. Good luck with your search. Jeff
  10. ToasterBin

A Pigs Participation Hangs In The Balance

What she said. I don't think Mr. Pig's motives were selfish, but that he really wanted to open the discussion as Frannie has stated.
  11. ToasterBin

A Pigs Participation Hangs In The Balance

I'll start out by saying "Don't go, Mr. Pig!", I find your posts informative and amusing. It would be a real loss to all of us, particularly those like myself who will most likely always "wade in this pool" but not venture too far into the deep end. I originally contacted Mr. Pig for advice...
  12. ToasterBin

Ok, so I re-indexed SONOS which gave me two new options under the PLEX directory--By Artist and By Album. Finally, I thought! So, I opened the Artist directory and lo and behold, there appeared my entire library. I thanked all sorts of deities at that point. Then I tried to play one. Unable...
  13. ToasterBin

Ok, so I installed PLEX. Installation was a snap and, altho it took awhile to index all my music, it did and things looked promising. I figured how to play from PLEX through SONOS and so I happily went about creating a playlist of a few songs from new CDs I've just added in my collection...
  14. ToasterBin

Yeah, I just ran across that, but I'm thinking its no different than PLEX which is supported by SONOS. What I don't get with PLEX is how they monetize their service....which always makes me skeptical.
  15. ToasterBin

I believe I've found an easy solution, that is subsonic (http://www.subsonic.org/pages/sonos.jsp) Has anybody any experience with it? Chicks, you mention that PLEX adds to the complexity of my setup....the nice thing about subsonic is that it seems to work like a streaming service source...
  16. ToasterBin

Makes sense, thanks Chicks
  17. ToasterBin

Thanks, everyone, for your input. Ok, based on the last posts, it seems most likely I will keep using Sonos, at least for now. The file limit is an issue. Chicks, you say its a non-issue for you...because you've split things up in separate libraries by genre (for example)? So, then, when you...
  18. ToasterBin

Hi, Yeah, these are all black holes for time. My understanding is this: For the music stored locally, I can use Roon to control and play through the SONOs connect, but if I stream, I use the SONOS app. Is that correct? Does Roon allow for the creation and playback of playlists? I assume...
  19. ToasterBin

Hey Rich, Does the Bluesound have a similar hardware "topography" as SONOS? My set up is as follows: I store the ripped from CD files on a drive on a desktop computer. I have 4 connect boxes, 3 of which are connected via ethernet cables, the 4th connected via wifi. It sounds like the NODE 2...
  20. ToasterBin

Our New Neighbors.......

Yes, but they do have a second floor...
  21. ToasterBin

Ok, Chicks, I've read your responses a few more times (and woke a few brain cells up in the process. Send me the bill) and I think I am understanding. For the music stored locally, I can use Roon to control and play through the SONOs connect, but I stream, I use the SONOS app. So, Roon may be...
  22. ToasterBin

Thanks Rich and Chicks If I install either, will the result be I will see all files thru the Sonos app, including more supported file types? Forgive me if I'm slow...
  23. ToasterBin

Hi Chicks, Thanks for the information. Again, I'm not sure that is the problem, but its one avenue I am exploring. In any event, if I'm understanding you correctly, I can replace the SONOS app with BubbleUPnP or Roon, and still "connect" to the "Connect" boxes either from my PC or from my...
  24. ToasterBin

Sorry, meant that works with Son is but this, it seems, is moot as it does not use DNLA, if I understand correctly
  25. ToasterBin

So, if I understand correctly, the server software resides on the computer which stores my music folders. That is free. But, if I want to access via my smart phone or my tablet, I would need to purchase the app. I am not sure if there are other DLNA (?) compliant servers besides its...
Back
Top Bottom