Search results

1. mayorbill11

Speaker damping material

my saab is an original 900, a 1985 model. i don't know if there's more or less insulation in either of them but the 98 9-3 is a hatchback so you probably have the same problems with the rear speakers as i do. there just isn't a good enough seal between the speaker cavity and the front of the driver.
  2. mayorbill11

Speaker damping material

the best option is to try to get them properly sealed first, then figure out the insulation later. i'm thinking of doing a fiberglass mold in the trunk around the wheel arches to seal off the speaker enclosures from the rest of the trunk as all that's between the trunk and the backs of the...
  3. mayorbill11

Speaker damping material

yeah, car speakers are designed for infinite baffle but most cars have a level of build quality that makes this impossible. my friend's cavalier is a good example, the rear speakers are much bassier than the front, despite being the same speakers, because the rear speakers are completely sealed...
  4. mayorbill11

Genesis-EPI

yeah, i've been lazy, i still haven't rebuilt my II+s, i still need both tweeters (as the one i have doesn't work) and all drivers need to be refoamed. one of the woofers has a cracked/bent cone and is separated from the spider as well so i think i'm going to need to replace it and obviously the...
  5. mayorbill11

Even Steven Trade

i have a pair of these, one is missing a tweeter, the other is cracked and some of the woofers are blown, but the cabinets are good. if anybody in ontario wants em they're yours if you pick them up, despite how nice they are i have no interest in rebuilding them. my aim sn is the same as my...
  6. mayorbill11

Genesis-EPI

haha, wow, i found this thread on google, i completely forgot about this forum. and yeah, i would be interested, funny enough i found one of the tweeters while cleaning out my grandmother's back porch a few months ago, but it needs to be rebuilt. :/
  7. mayorbill11

Spica Loudspeakers

good news that the tweeters are replacable because i just scored a pair of Spica TC-50s for free and one of the tweets is blown :| the other one sounds great though.
  8. mayorbill11

Oldest surviving pioneer receiver?

they don't use the omega and tuning fork anymore
  9. mayorbill11

Newcomer to audiokarma

http://audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122
  10. mayorbill11

If famous AKers designed custom audio gear...

siamac buys a delorean, manipulates time travel to gain a bunch of money in the lottery/stock market, travels back in time and buys pioneer corp. circa 1979, moves in to the head office.
  11. mayorbill11

The thread of redundancy thread

this is a thread that confuses me thread
  12. mayorbill11

What models did Pioneer start using laminate trim instead of veneer?

speaking of receivers with brushed aluminum, some of the more recent pioneer home theatre recievers can be had in brushed aluminum. the VSX-1014-S for example (the -K version is also aluminum, but it's black). the cheaper ones are plastic, of course. the metal ones have a really nice feel to...
  13. mayorbill11

Fluance Tower Speakers $200

a guy from another forum i go to bought these for his HT http://www.fluance.com/fluan5speaks.html says they're decent for a $250 set of speakers.
  14. mayorbill11

Got the Sansui G-6000 today...

there are options at the bottom to re-sort the threads.
  15. mayorbill11

I just encountered the ugliest SUV I have yet seen

Yeah, I wasn't very clear. I meant in a sports/enthusiast sort of way. I'm pretty sure you couldn't get a manual SVX but feel free to correct me. I just don't like the Renault Fuego and I don't know anything about the XT-6, really. It's actually more of a personal opinion thing. I just...
  16. mayorbill11

hypothetical question...

I would definetly hire someone to design a house with several areas in mind such as a dedicated listening room, a movie theatre and other rooms in the house such as a media room or whatever with sonic quality in mind. I think that the space is one of the most important aspects to sound quality...
  17. mayorbill11

Vintage Gear found in Movies and TV

I saw a Pioneer SX-X80 series Receiver on 'Antique Hunter' at one of the antique places he went to, it seemed to be their in store system, as it was on a high shelf behind the counter. Looked like an SX-780 ish, two power meters but only one tuning meter.
  18. mayorbill11

Forrest Gump...What vintage gear is that?

They looked JBL to me. I didn't mean the speakers so much as the one all-in-one receiver/record player/8 track unit by the basement door.
  19. mayorbill11

Forrest Gump...What vintage gear is that?

I wonder what the stuff in the basement on 'that 70s show' is. looks pretty low end but you never know...
  20. mayorbill11

What has been your experience with HT receivers?

My cheap Pioneer VSX-D412 drives my equally cheap newer Pioneer CS series speakers. Doesn't sound as good as my luxman but drives them alright and isn't screwed up atm like the Luxman (which probably just needs a cleaning or something but I still haven't read up on that in more detail yet).
  21. mayorbill11

Do you guys really run your EQ circuits "flat"?!?

i usually increase the treble, especially since my main speakers are kind of muffled sounding on the top end.
  22. mayorbill11

It's funny that you mention AMC, because I do like the Eagle quite a bit as well. As to the SVX/XT-6, Fuego and Merkur, I would say that while the SVX is cool looking, the Merkur XR4Ti is a far better car than the rest of those. The Scorpio is just another weird looking sedan, though.
  23. mayorbill11

Favorite Car Movie Thread

'The Car', while not my favourite car movie, I feel is deserving of mention here for how sweet (and actually scary at times) the car in the movie was.
  24. mayorbill11

6* shiny Pioneer Receivers

that sony CD player down there is getting crushed. :o
  25. mayorbill11

I love the FX35/45. That said, I think of it more as a high car in a more practical package.
Back
Top Bottom