Search results

1. SeekerofRock

VN15HE vs JicoHE, importance of squaring cartidges, and other recent observations...

Rocking Destroyer the Wish You Were Here last night and again super impressed with the sound, so went ahead and ordered the Jico SAS for use on the truly mint records and to have as a spare when the HE gives out, which will likely be replaced with a permanent SAS setup if it is significantly...
  2. SeekerofRock

VN15HE vs JicoHE, importance of squaring cartidges, and other recent observations...

Whew! It's a good thing i typed a 1 instead of a 4 and didnt actually install a vn15he else I would've been fv<ked. Heavens, no! I used a generic replacement stylus for the m95, non-hyper, standard elliptical and around $15 or so each on ebay and ordered two, one Swiss and one Colombian. The...
  3. SeekerofRock

I wanted to use a succinct, short thread title. APPLICABLE CONTEXT: I have a Pioneer PL-530 bought in 2009, but only recently started to rebuild my vinyl and use the table. Last month I purchased a V15IV cart with VN15HE stylus sold as "new" on ebay. Maybe so, but I noticed a BIG volume drop...
  4. SeekerofRock

2275 is back from the tech but

:D I'm looking at a new tape deck right now. I guess I should shell out the extra money to get something that has been serviced properly.
  5. SeekerofRock

I was looking at the final price and thinking the same thing, $$$=big sloppy assrape. But, I'm happy to have it back and (for the moment) working. I'd read that a complete cap job was around $225 as fair from a tech. I'm still on Catrafter's list, but it is a wait, so I guess this is an...
  6. SeekerofRock

Marantz + what speakers???

2275 with Wharfdale Zaldek 2000 speakers.
  7. SeekerofRock

I guess I didn't post the quantities. It looks like 11 caps and 14 transistors total.
  8. SeekerofRock

If anyone is curious, here is the follow up to my 2275 roller coaster ride: Just got it back yesterday. So far this thing is working great and sounding much better and (I believe) more wattage, more bass, and more detailed sounding than it was before. Volume on 3 is LOUD. I don't know what...
  9. SeekerofRock

Thanks for the help. If I decide to take it back to this tech, I'll know what to ask him to do. There is another tech nearby that I may give a shot with instead, though. He runs/owns this place http://www.hwdsound.com/ , and he's much closer. Also, just turned it off/on after running for 2...
  10. SeekerofRock

So you think it is the differential input transistors that are bad? Dig your Adams Family avatar, btw! Great series of movies.
  11. SeekerofRock

I'm no tech, but I would think either of these ^^^ would be a good possibility. It is something that affects the output of sound, including headphones, but NOT the "dubbing out"(which I understand is a way to test the preamp)...sound remains through dubbing output at startup. And it is...
  12. SeekerofRock

I can see why you would suggest that, but I'm going to keep it playing so I can observe the conditions. Maybe the conditions will help someone here, or my tech, to know what is wrong with it. I have it hooked to a Furman power conditioner, and will turn that off (cutting current to the unit)...
  13. SeekerofRock

Back from the gym, second time turning it on today... 8 minutes to get sound this time, one loud "pop" about a minute or so after sound emitted, and playing fine for 45 minutes since with no noise, pops, etc.
  14. SeekerofRock

I was charged $40 for cleaning during it's time on the bench, so I hope they did it. I haven't taken the cover off to check. Also $6 for "grease, cleaning fluids". I don't solder (at all, don't even own a soldering iron), but I could certainly do a de-oxit clean on switches if I need to...
  15. SeekerofRock

I've been reading the 4270 thread and those problems, loud intermittent pops (except add delayed sound output on mine), sound kind of similar to my unit. Maybe my power switch is weird? Anyway, turned it on for the fourth time tonight and fired right up again, no delay. I wonder how she...
  16. SeekerofRock

Just hit the power button for the 3rd time today, and this time it fired right up, no delay. :dunno: Idk, I guess I'll see how it performs over the weekend and if still has issues come Monday, send the tech an e-mail. I usually get his receptionist when I call, but he is good at answering...
  17. SeekerofRock

I believe there is a 30 day warranty, but only for work they've done. This would likely be additional services since this problem is something they haven't fixed yet (I don't think they have FOUND the problem yet, lol). I could always ask. Maybe it will hold out until my name comes up on your...
  18. SeekerofRock

It would be awesome if this just worked itself out and went away on its own. ...and then after that happened, I won the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes and my Florida home regained all of its pre-bust equity and I found a pair of mint DQ-10s on the side of the road.. :D
  19. SeekerofRock

Yes: I don't hear the relay "click" (or whatever sound I am used to hearing before sound emits) when I hit the power button on, even though everything lights up. Then 3 or 4 minutes later sound comes out. It has done this twice today when I've powered it up. But it came on immediately when I...
  20. SeekerofRock

it still makes loud pops on occasion. The phono section sounds great now and both channels are working instead of just the right (thanks EchoWars...I gave him the printout of components you recommended for phono). Phono also sounds much crisper and clear, not muddied and dull like it used to...
  21. SeekerofRock

My 2275 is finally in the shop

I know I'm not one of the regulars here, but wanted to update my situation and see if this repair list makes sense: Parts- (1) 2SC1344E Transistor NPN Parts- (2) 2SC458 Transistor NPN 2SC458 TO-92 Parts- (4) 1UF/50V Capacitor, 1UF 50V Parts- (4) 1N4148 Diode, Signal 1N4148 Labor- (1.5 hours)...
  22. SeekerofRock

Hey EchoWars I printed what you posted about the phono section and gave it to him so he knows what I need done. I think he repairs recording equipment (consoles) and A/V equipment mostly, so what you posted along with a blowup of the phono schematic I printed should get him going. Just wanted...
  23. SeekerofRock

Just to add to the drama, something is still wrong with the unit. I just turned it on, and I'll explain what it did: After about 2 minutes in FM mode, this constant hum that started quiet and eventually got really loud happened, then abruptly stopped. Then about a minute later a crackle, like...
  24. SeekerofRock

I sent the first guy an e-mail saying that $80 was a lot of money to pay to tell me my stereo needs jumper cables, and to tell me he fixed the phono section when he did not. I told him we need to discuss how to make this situation right. He wants me to bring it back in now. I guess I will.
Back
Top Bottom