Search results

1. Theron D

Forte vs Cornwall?

agree here.. Forte II with Ti diaphragms with SS too bright and fatiguing imo. Sold them fast forward to today Forte 1 ( all original) with McIntosh MX110z / MC240….. there it is!
  2. Theron D

Wharfedale W70 Restoration. All original beauties!

#36 O-ring works!
  3. Theron D

Wharfedale W70 Restoration. All original beauties!

bump to see about the L-Pad as pictured in previous post? Is it an L-Pad? Any off the shelf replacements?
  4. Theron D

Bellari PA550 phono preamp

bump for more reviews
  5. Theron D

Does this Marantz 8b look all original?

Missing the cage too.
  6. Theron D

Goodmans speakers- help identify please

Long overdue update. I decided to disconnect the tweets and run the twinaxiom 200c by itself full range. Using a McIntosh MC240 (40w) amp and sounds good! Little bit of EQ on pre really dials it in
  7. Theron D

New Polk Reserve R500!

Any followup reports? Im eyeing up the Polk R700…
  8. Theron D

Adcom GFA -565se

GFA 565-se driving a pair of Sony SS-M7. Doesnt break a sweat. Source Technics SL-1200mk2->EAR834P->Schiit SYS Passive Volume Control- Adcom GFA-565se Thinking about getting a Quicksilver Remote Line Stage (the Freya+ wasnt for me too forward sounding, not the tone I like)
  9. Theron D

Mark Lanegan from Screaming Trees passes

Tonights drink…RIP Mark Lannegan
  10. Theron D

Adcom GFA -565se

GFA-565se owner with a C28 McIntosh Pre and Polk SDA1b speakers. The 565 is effortless and controls the SDA speakers with ease. The GFA is neutral and has no coloration. Perfect for rolling preamps and speakers…
  11. Theron D

MX110z hum issue

Problem solved, hum is gone. I used this and attached to the back ground screw on the MX-110. Its a night and day difference. Its all connected to a single common ground now.
  12. Theron D

Sony SS-M 3,7,9 speaker owner role call

McIntosh C28 + Adcom GFA 565se with the Sony M7’s. Now we are talking! These speakers are awake now! Plenty of warmth from that old SS pre and the Adcom grabs and controls it all.
  13. Theron D

MX110z hum issue

Audio Classic put a polarized 2 plug on it a while back though…
  14. Theron D

MX110z hum issue

Im getting a bad hum when the MX110z is connected to an Adcom GFA-565se amplifier (unbalanced). The MX is dead quiet when connected to a MC2505 amplifier. Everything is connected to a single outlet, same cables used, speakers etc. Anyone ever have a MX110 not play nice with newer amplifiers? (...
  15. Theron D

Sony SS-M7 speakers New in Box

you are so right! my 200W crown amp woke them up… wow night/day
  16. Theron D

thank you! makes sense! right now i have a crown xli amp to finally wake up these speakers… no kidding
  17. Theron D

they are asking $525…
  18. Theron D

same seller also has a TA-N80ES Sony Amplifier….maybe I should grab that too?
  19. Theron D

these speakers need power and 100W not cutting it imo
  20. Theron D

Stands needed now in the honeymoon phase…
  21. Theron D

need stands :) sending out bat signal…
  22. Theron D

Stands are going to be a b#tch to find. Im powering with a Pioneer SX1010. They are exactly as you describe… very large and open soundstage. Speakers disappear. Pinpoint mids and highs are nice and smooth. Very natural sounding. They do need power though… still in honeymoon stage..
  23. Theron D

got em!
  24. Theron D

thanks, getting ready to listen to soon, they each test at 6ohms DC resistance.. thats a plus!
Back
Top Bottom