Search results

1. R

Pioneer SX-750 case top

I have a Pioneer SX-750 rcvr that I've been able to bring back to life and it sounds very good. However, the moron that had it before me decided in his infinite wisdom to spray paint the case black. He did a horrible job, and it just may be beyond a suitable repair effort. Anyone have a...
  2. R

Vintage Receiver M4 Black Screws with flat washer head?

Anyone know where I can source a commonly used M4 screw that used to attach the case/cover of vintage 70s era Pioneer, Kenwood and other brands of receivers, amps and tuners? There are very distinctive and not found at Home Depot. The length will vary depending upon type of enclosure - metal...
  3. R

Monoprice Turntable with Audio-Technica AT100E Cartridge

Anyone have one of these new TT from Monoprice? Just curious if it's a Hanpin sourced manufacturer. It certainly looks great, but the form factor makes me think it is a Hanpin knockoff. Sound? Seems the AT100E cartridge is a step up from the competition in this same sub $400, budget TT...
  4. R

Def Tech Studio Monitor 350

Hello all and Merry Christmas! I bought myself a pair of DF 350s for Christmas (great price from Newegg, btw), and just set them up with a small, class D DIY amp I recently built. These speakers have a side-mounted 8" passive baffle used as a woofer. My question is; what is the best...
  5. R

Great Video!

In the spirit of the season - I thought I would share this video. Best played on your HT rig's big screen, but your computer monitor will suffice. Turn the volume up! :) Enjoy. Rick Beethoven's 9th Symphony
  6. R

New Pioneer A-20 Integrated Amp

Hello all, Just received my Sound&Vision magazine today and it looks like Pioneer is getting back into the 2-channel offerings. Here's a quick look at the new A-20 integrated amp. Looks like a very nice addition to the Elite series and for a modest 50wpc, the price point seems very...
  7. R

Def Tech StudioMonitor 350 Sale

Hi all - Just a heads up for anyone interested in these little gems. Great price going on at Newegg. Here's the link. Can't beat this price - anywhere. Picked up a pair as a Christmas present to myself. :) StudioMonitor 350
  8. R

Sony PCM-2600, Latest Vintage Addition

Hi all - Just wanted to share a couple of pics of my latest purchase. Maybe not quite vintage, but roughly some odd 20 yrs ago. True to my fascination with electronic gadgets of all type, in the early 90s I bought a Sony TCD-D3 portable DAT player. I wanted a small robust player that...
  9. R

Cleaning a Plexiglass Dustcover?

Not sure which forum this topic belongs under so am posting it here... I have a TT dustcover that needs special cleaning. As you can see from the attached pic it looks like it got an over spray of paint during its life sometime. Its got a fine layer of what looks like white spray paint. I...
  10. R

What to Keep?

Hi all - I'm in the process of restoring a Pioneer RT-707 that I was able to pick up on CL. I'm cleaning, replacing a belt, resoldering the I/O RCAs - generally just a good overhaul. It's performing just fine to my ears and I like the build quality and how quiet it is. My original intent...
  11. R

DTS AC3 5.1 Digital Audio Decoder DAC

Hi all - Wondering if anyone owns and is using one of these DACs? I'm looking for a multi-input device that I can use with a vintage stereo rcvr. I have the need for multiple, digital inputs, like Toslink, Coax, and USB. This particular unit offers up 2 of each and 1 USB. I don't have...
  12. R

Anti-static ground mat for tech bench?

Hi all - I'm finishing up a tech space that I've wanted to put together for awhile now. I've re-purposed some cabinets and counter-tops from a kitchen remodel we did last summer. I think it came out alright. My question is... I want to put down some sort of rubberized, anti-static mat...
  13. R

G-8000 Speaker Relay?

Hi all - I'm doing some repair on my G-8000 rcvr and have discovered that one of the speaker relays is defective and needs to be replaced. The part number is; RL01, stock # 1150410. My question is - does anyone have an old G-8000 that is being parted out and willing to sell one of these...
  14. R

Cartridge for Realistic LAB-420?

I recently picked up a very clean and operating vintage LAB-420 TT made by RatShack back in the heyday. :D I know it's not high-end, maybe not even mid-fi-end, but I believe it represented one of the better TT RatShack offered at the time. Of course I didn't NEED the TT, but the price was...
  15. R

Spec 1 & 2

Hi all - I have the opportunity to get a Spec 1 & 2 for ~ $550. They are operational, but I have not seen them yet, so I do not know what cosmetic condition they are in. There is currently a set on eBay for ~$835, so $550 seems like a good price? Yes? Thots? Is there anything to be on...
  16. R

Toshiba HD-XA1 as CD Transport?

Hi all - A few years back during the onset of high-def video and the format wars that followed, I bought into the HD-DVD format. My first player was a TOTL, first-gen Toshiba HD-XA1. This thing was built like a tank, and performance was stellar - both in video and AUDIO performance. At...
  17. R

Recapping - Fact or Fiction?

I paid a visit to my local stereo repairman today, because since getting my Sansui G-8000 receiver, I never took the time to give it a little tune-up under the hood. Besides, the phono stage had been acting up, along with the AUX-input. FM, tape monitors and power output all seem to be...
  18. R

Recommend New Cartridge (or stylus) for PL-518?

Can anyone recommend a reasonably nice cartridge or replacement stylus for my PL-518? The cartridge that came with the TT is an Audio Technica AT 3500EG. I've got a budget of between $75-100. I bought this used about a week ago and the stylus is trashed. It really needs to be replaced. Or...
  19. R

Adequate LP cleaning???

Hi all - If I can't afford a record cleaning machine, nor have the time and patience to put together a DIY solution, or find the whole wood glue thing somewhat questionable - what is the next best alternative? All I want to do is perform a basic (95%) cleaning of old LPs I find at GW, SA...
  20. R

HPM-100 Recapping

Hi all, Just finished up a recapping of the x-over for a pair of my HPM-100s. This is my first pair of 100s and first successful recap project. I took the project one step further and decided to replace the original binding posts with new, heavy duty, banana plug type jacks. I really hate...
  21. R

Sansui G8K Protection Mode - What to do now!?

Hi All, Yesterday, I spen the afternoon, re-arranging my vintage wall, because I had to make some physical modifications to my shelving. None of my gear was ever altered, just removed and placed on the floor outside my office. It ended up being a day-long process, but I was making room for a...
  22. R

Sansui SP-1600 Speakers??

I recently saw a near mint pair of Sansui SP-1600 speakers. I think they were 1600s. Did Sansui make a model 1600? I can't seem to find much on the net on this particular model #. The guy was asking $450. Seemed high to me, but then I haven't done much research. Comments? redjr...
  23. R

New Tape?

Guys --- I recently acquired a Pioneer RTR 1020L deck and am having fun making some recordings. I've now been in the process of buying some old pre-recorded tapes and blank tapes too. I've noticed on eBay some of the blank tape offerings are for new tape. In fact, I already purchased a new...
  24. R

Garage and Estate Sale Finds

Today my son and I went to an early garage sale(s). It was a couple of streets, but not sure what, if anything worthwhile we would find. On our way there I noticed a moving sale and thot we'd hit it on our way back home. We made it to the garage sales and found nothing of interest. So on our...
  25. R

Heresy II Dimensions ?

I can't seem to find the complete dimensions (WDH) of the Heresy II speakers on the web anywhere. Would someone who has a pair be so kind as to provide the dimensions. I need the height too even though they are floor standing. Thx much, redjr...
Back
Top Bottom