Search results

1. Dragunski

Hi - About 8 years ago, you posted that you had some method to restore the finish on Empire...

Hi - About 8 years ago, you posted that you had some method to restore the finish on Empire tonearms. Would you care to share this methodology? Thanks!
  2. Dragunski

Roy Buchanan blues guitar god

I had heard his name around DC, but I don't think I heard any of his music until after he died. WHFS started playing tributes of his music and that's when I went looking for his albums. A really great player who never got the attention he deserved.
  3. Dragunski

DMV folks...Where you at?

I'm in Alexandria. Currently building some Bozak B4000 Symphonys with new cabs and recycled drivers. Stumped by the crossovers and by the late Pat Tobin's designs. I'm up for meeting with tube and DIY types in this area or even blind listening to products.
  4. Dragunski

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Not Maybelline by Chuck Berry? Little GTO by Ronny & the Daytonas? Mustang Sally by Wilson Picket?
  5. Dragunski

anyone collect braun gear?

Yes, it was very easy. There is no switch and you don't have to change to a different value fuse. You just change the configuration of the fuses as shown on the board. The cassette was more complicated because you need a different fuse, there's a switch, and the cover is a bear to get off. But...
  6. Dragunski

Why British ?

I first became interested in British equipment in the early 80s. At the time, hifi was divided into 2 different worlds, consumer equipment (mostly Japanese) and the "high-end", with very little in between. There was Hafler and a few others, but most people I knew bought either top of the line...
  7. Dragunski

UGH! My cat killed my Dynakit Mkiii?

I once had a cat use my Magnapans as a scratching post. The solution was simple - the cat had to go.
  8. Dragunski

Fisher MPX Adapters

Thanks. I'm going to take the Heathkit and get it checked out. I'm pretty sure Bill Thalmann can handle it. But he'll want to re-cap it and it'll cost more than it's worth, maybe as much as a MPX-100! The only problem with the Heathkit is that it's ugly and you have to hide it behind the tuner...
  9. Dragunski

Fisher MPX Adapters

I have a Fisher 90X tuner ("Golden Cascode") which I've been using with a Heathkit multiplex - an AC-11. This was a great combination for a couple of years, but then I started having trouble with the Heathkit, a lower signal and and a hum through one channel. I disconnected the Heathkit, and now...
  10. Dragunski

Mick Taylor

I'm a big Taylor fan, too. His work on "Bare Wires" is phenomenal.
  11. Dragunski

anyone collect braun gear?

Braun Purchase I have just bought a set of Brauns from Austria. An A-501 with the matching TS-501 tuner. They say the voltage can be converted by simply changing the fuse arrangement. It's coming from a repair shop with a 1 year guarantee which is almost unheard of on Ebay. If anyone here...
Back
Top Bottom