Search results

1. Steelman

Help with Yamaha YP-211 Speed Issues

I had a similar problem with one I just picked up. New belt didn't solve the problem 100%... Check the speed pulley. Mine had some rubber from the original belt caked on it. I used a 3M scotch brite pad cut into a 1/4" strip. Turned the deck to 45 and polish the pulley. Dead on now... Hope...
  2. Steelman

JBL L100 Century Pair

They were my favorite speakers...
  3. Steelman

Unexpected use for a Technics SL-1200mk2

I was cringing watching that!
  4. Steelman

What an amazing feeling...

Wish all of you could have been there when I returned them. Not something I will soon forget
  5. Steelman

If it was just another garbage day and they were at the curb, that means someone didn't want them anymore or they were blown or broken...then happy me. The fact that they were put out after hurricane Sandy means the original owner had to put them at the curb along with other cherished...
  6. Steelman

Now all I have to do is build new cabinets for the SS M7's................. Those should keep me up nights...
  7. Steelman

Thank you...
  8. Steelman

Felt bad until I decided to fix and return them
  9. Steelman

Thank you
  10. Steelman

never...got it again :D :D
  11. Steelman

never...got it :D
  12. Steelman

Very unexpected...very hard to put into words
  13. Steelman

I "rescued" two pair of speakers from Sandy's aftermath. One pair of Spectrum 2000's and one pair of Sony SS M7's. I began to feel very bad as to the circumstances that I obtained them and decided to repair them and return them to their original owners. The Spectrums had to be dried out...
  14. Steelman

Technics SL 1600 MKII...Cue up/down problem

Thanks for some direction...I will look into both :thmbsp:
  15. Steelman

Re-installed the guide rod and I am very happy to report the repair is rock solid..... But the deck still will not cue up/down!!!!!! Everything works as designed except the cue. I really thought the cracked gear was the cause...now I am totally out of ideas..... HELP
  16. Steelman

Then put a piece of tape on top of the bushing to prevent the JB Weld from getting on it and applied the JB Weld very carefully with a micro screwdriver...
  17. Steelman

I then used crazy glue and a couple of alligator clips to hold the repair in place...
  18. Steelman

Thanks again for the tip to use JB Weld...great product I sanded the inside of the crack with some fine sandpaper...
  19. Steelman

Thanks for the heads up...:thmbsp:
  20. Steelman

Thanks again for the link but, that replacement is for the small gear. The gear that is broken on mine is the larger one...:thmbsp:
  21. Steelman

Great Idea with the paper clip...thanks for the tip :thmbsp:
  22. Steelman

Thanks for the link...I remembered reading something about this but could not find it :thmbsp:
  23. Steelman

Thanks for the tip...:thmbsp: I also have 3m plastic weld I may try :scratch2:
  24. Steelman

Picked up a SL 1600 MKII for free last week from a buddy who was frustrated with it. All functions work great...start/stop, set down, arm return, disc sensor, pitch control and auto return/shut off. The problem is when the cue lever or the cue button are used. If the cue lever is...
Back
Top Bottom