Search results

1. S

Post a picture of your turntable

Nice stuff guys. Glad this page page is back up easily accessible.
  2. S

Khorn’s World of Sound and Sight.

Some pictures please.
  3. S

Pics of your listening space

I remember this lighting up a top floor apartment I lived in an ally in Chinatown SF in the late 60 and early 70s. No less fronted with an silver aluminum tree, We simply called it Jerrys house. The kid that lived there. Wow!
  4. S

Klipsch owners picture thread

Now that's a very tastefully modernization of some o the most indifference Hi Fi speakers ever commercially produced . Very nice . I'm jealous that i didn't go here first. Beautiful!
  5. S

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

I also just got one of these too. Very nice when correctly set up with a low mass headshell and light counterweight on my Jelco 750 with micrometer. not far behind the more expensive AT33Sa This reference is in regards to the Denon DL301 2
  6. S

Agree. Emphatically agree. I just got one cause of a Phono pre I just purchased which I'm enjoying very much. Much more refined than the PTG 2 which I sold a couple of weeks of hearing it a few years back. No rise in the mid upper treble. Very nice.
  7. S

NS690 v NS1000 Yamaha speakers

NS 1000 woofers are larger than the 690s and I'm quite certain there are some other minor details in favor of the 1000s. Deservedly, both are very fine "vintage" speakers of the past. I'll never sell my 1000s.
  8. S

ESS AMT-1B restoration

Nice write up! Bass can be refined by adding mass to the passives. Love mine. Enjoy!
  9. S

JBL L7's = worth picking up?

Congrats! You clearly have large enough for them to open up. I don't. Please share your thoughts and of course comparisons with your otherer fine speakers.
  10. S

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Dude. You've got KHornrs? Nice. they do require "tweeking" and refining. But when you get there , there, they're special. Enjoy. BTW? How do the smaller Ks compare?
  11. S

Nice setup, But I'm guessing you don't have earthquakes in your area.
  12. S

JBL L7's = worth picking up?

I never got mine to sound as good as I'd hoped. Upgraded crossovers and all. Did only try two 200 watt amps though. They do require quality power ,as any amp change is clearly noticeable. By comparison I like my upgraded B and W 801 series 2 better. I'm guessing very room dependent as well...
  13. S

Headshells, Leads & TA Wiring?

I'm sorry ,but that's just pure ignorance and veering on racism, especially with the quality of head shells you're showcasing in comparison to the very fine quality one's being produced in China. And being sold here by Americans.
  14. S

Headshells- whaddaya think about 'em?

Your mod on removing the paint does does look cool polished , but aren't you a bit concerned about the omitting of the extra damping the paint provides?
  15. S

Headshells- whaddaya think about 'em?

Hi guys, my 750 cuing platform wiggles slightly as well, but doesn't interfere with the precision of the lift point. However every time I see Jelco enthusiast not using the On The Fly VTA , I can't help but think how much you're all missing out on the performance upgrade it provides. Also, I...
  16. S

L110A vs 116 Or l65 or ???

My L110s augmented with an SVS SB3000 is the most exiting system I've ever owned. Simply thrilling and fun.
  17. S

Nice, what material is the spacer made of. And did that Orsonic head shell help the performance of the Denon?
  18. S

I've Returned to 'Vintage' and am so happy about it!

Yes, that brings it all, full circle ,content , where I'd strive to be. Nice.
  19. S

Wow! Troutfisher. Your system really deserves a better/ brighter shot of your gear.
  20. S

How do you compare late 70’s Japanes HiFi to...well, everything else?

:lurk: Higher quality pics of your Diatone's would be appreciated for this challenge/ comparison. I too am a fan of that era of Hi- Fi speakers of any continent that I consider, the "golden age of speaker innovation"
  21. S

033 (L150) did not want to wake up

Maybe just the tweeter wire. And there's a lot of wire there, pots and all. I had the same issue with a pair of 4311s. Good luck Turned out to be a wire broken wire causing the dis-connect of the signal move the wires around while playing music.
  22. S

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Now there's a nice tweak that I identify with, with when listening to any tuner.
  23. S

Nice Idlerman! Better man than I. Kids would've had to share the space with ME.
  24. S

Wow, the adapters alone ,adds a hole other level of elegance to the unit.
  25. S

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Beautiful , stylish and chic. And tastefully presented Drugolf.
Back
Top Bottom