Search results

1. Ohighway

Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

Somewhere in the sky between Orlando FL and BWI. (Click for wide view)
  2. Ohighway

Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

My oldest son and his wife's computer setups.
  3. Ohighway

EV Regency enclosure , Warrenton ,VA

NO AFFILIATION. EV Regency enclosure with unknown speakers in Warrenton , VA. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1027673861808385/?mibextid=9R9pXO
  4. Ohighway

AK Mid-Atlantic AK Fall Gathering October 15th, 2023

Thank you sir. Bummed about missing the event but don't figure I'd be a positive addition to the crowd at this point. Assuming my health improves over the next month or two I may be tempted to try and sneak in a winter event at my place for anyone who might be interested.
  5. Ohighway

What "Audio Related" item were you GIFTED?

I've been given a lot over the years. So to keep this simple I'm just gonna mention the first piece I was gifted. A school friend received a brand new Zenith "circle of sound" system for his birthday. He gifted me his previous system which was a crappy old radio console retrofitted with a...
  6. Ohighway

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Was cleaning up around here today and found these. Probably the funniest name I've ever seen put on AAA batteries....
  7. Ohighway

Ohm Acoustics is for sale - and John Strohbeen has died!!

Nice that you were able to have such positive interactions with John. My experience was the opposite as he was very cryptic and not at all helpful. Likely because I didn't want to play along with the "send everything to us to fix for $$$" business model.
  8. Ohighway

Ohm Acoustics is for sale - and John Strohbeen has died!!

https://www.bizquest.com/business-for-sale/custom-speaker-manufacturer-brooklyn-new-york/BW2084589/ Business Description This Custom Speaker Manufacturer features high-end speakers for music lovers, home theatre, and outdoor listening. Products include finished speakers, parts and upgrades...
  9. Ohighway

Things you don't see anymore.

By -decades-? Lol...Cmon now..... Also, my 63 impala and 65 chevelle both had front footwell vents that got air directly from outside, no heater box involved....
  10. Ohighway

Modelers Corner

Hope this doesn't stray too far from the intent of this thread. However my daughter in law just sent me this as an item of interest. A PC case decorated to look like part of a city scape. Cool concept, all scratch built and --very-- impressive modeling/detailing skills..... Zip to the...
  11. Ohighway

Modelers Corner

Cool. Reminds me that I have a new in box 1/48 scale B-58 kit waiting in the wings for me to build. Ditto a new in box 1/72 scale XB-70 which I understand is a bit challenging.
  12. Ohighway

Onkyo Model 30 speakers in NY....ebay.

My pleasure. I think I might have a full page size sheet on these, if I can find it I'll scan and post. Rick
  13. Ohighway

Maybe...maybe not. I always wanted to hear the model 30s as they use horns. I love my model 15 and model 25 onkyos.
  14. Ohighway

No affiliation. Wish these were closer to me. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134565710076?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=26&ch=osgood&euid=e414690f8f6a443e857b70ff9bb16657&bu=43188517680&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20230619143947&segname=11051
  15. Ohighway

Modelers Corner

I hear what you're saying.... However I'm not a big fan of different color roofs on cars in real life, and by extension in my models. Convertibles and some vinyl top cars being the exception.
  16. Ohighway

Modelers Corner

Been waaaaayyyyyy too many years since I built my last model. This is it..... 1963 Chevy Impala in a decidedly non-factory color scheme. I thought it turned out ok....
  17. Ohighway

The Weather 6/14/23

Weather Underground is my "go to" weather app.....
  18. Ohighway

Just finished restoring my Dual 731Q

Nice table. How difficult was the "pimpel" replacement?
  19. Ohighway

Dutch auction for over 200 barn find cars.

Yep. He seems big on Chrysler products and Studebakers. And random rare cars. My youngest boy (Ricky) was lucky enough to view the collection and take those pictures. One of his Lacrosse teammates Mike has a window cleaning side business, and was hired to clean windows on a very large house...
  20. Ohighway

And a few more ( coming)
  21. Ohighway

Judging by the condition of the cars I'll bet on working condition. Here's the car I mentioned. He also had other cars....some real rare pieces....and from pictures everything appears to be concours condition.
  22. Ohighway

DBTs and the upcoming incandescent bulb ban in the US

Honestly, I think it would be easy and cheap to acquire incandescent bulbs. Just find someone who is going through their home removing incandescent and installing LED. They will probably thank you for hauling away those incandescent dinosaurs. Also check thrift stores. You might be surprised...
  23. Ohighway

DBTs and the upcoming incandescent bulb ban in the US

Here's a twist. Maybe incandescents will make a comeback.... Incandescent lamp could save energy by recycling infrared light https://www.newscientist.com/article/2368619-incandescent-lamp-could-save-energy-by-recycling-infrared-light/
Back
Top Bottom