Search results

1. nttrbl

1950's speaker identification

Only picture I have, looks like metal dustcap with dual cone and possibly colored surrounds. Can't open etc, any ideas?
  2. nttrbl

Sony str gx10es or Luxman r117 help choose.

Wanting a monster from the 80's to go with my pioneer sx1050. I have a choice between these two beauties for approximately the same price. No I can't audition before I decide as they are both 200 km away and no I can't afford both at once. What would you choose and why? Also let me know of...
  3. nttrbl

Linn Reference Granites

Friend picked these up a couple of years ago, they are reportedly one of the prototypes that Mr.Linn brought to the Electronic shows. Bought for a measly $30 000. The sound is awesome, as it should be for the price, retail was between 50-80 000. Almost 7' tall, 400 lbs each, 2-15" woofers 97db...
  4. nttrbl

Sansui 250, will it be able to run my Sony speakers?

Been wanting to try a tube stereo forever and now I have a chance to obtain this receiver it's 10 watts per channel not much information on it and was wondering if it would work well with my Sony es ss3300 speakers? The speakers are 3way with 12"woofer, 25 watts 60 max, 16ohm and 98db eff...
  5. nttrbl

Fisher fm 100b mpx issue

Recently the stereo beacon stopped lighting up and it sounds like it's in mono. I checked the bulb all good, but noticed the 12at7 tube on the mpx board(letter w no other letters)only had one glowing top instead of 2, so having an extra(untested) i swapped them, fired it up and voila sounding...
  6. nttrbl

Heathkit ar1650 surprise find.

My mother likes to go to Goodwill's, VV etc, and the occasional antique store, and as she is getting older and doesn't like to drive often so I take her. Well on this occasion it paid off. Walking into an antique store full of crystal, paintings, toys and furniture, I decided to ask the owner...
  7. nttrbl

Another name the logo.

Speakers are approx. 17"w*14"d*48"h layout is same as optimus 5b, using a ribbon tweeter instead and weird looking 5" mid, paper woofer.
  8. nttrbl

Yamaha rx1100u idle cur

Recently brought out of storage after about 20yrs, checking idle current left side is 26mv, right side is 30mv, feels hotter then I remember too, though it always ran warm, manual calls for 10mv, should I adjust it or leave it alone? Any suggestions why it might be running hot?
  9. nttrbl

Speaker ID please

Found at local recycler, thought I seen a post with something similar but can't seem to find it. Any and all info appreciated.
  10. nttrbl

My Luxman, Pioneer, ESS. System

This is my current system: Luxman C02/m02 with Technics sl2000(Pickering xsv4000) I use this for jazz and bigband etc. The Pioneer sx1050 I use for FM and iphone4, and listen to Rock(prog & metal and new wave). They both share my ESS amt 1 Towers using a two receiver, one set of speakers...
  11. nttrbl

ESS amT 1am info/experience

Anyone have any experience with these? I have a set of amt 1towers and the same person that sold me them has a set of ess amt 1am he will sell me. How do these compare to each other will there be a big difference in sound from the 12" with passive over the 10" with transmission line? I see that...
  12. nttrbl

Pioneer sx1050, finally arrived

Finally received the monster receiver I wanted for a long time. Too say I'm in love is an understatement, the looks of it are awesome, the sound and power is unbelievable, and the amount of inputs and options makes this the only receiver I will ever need or want. I have owned marantz 2275 2230...
  13. nttrbl

ESS amt 1 Towers

Finally got the ESS I wanted to own. I have owned 1b, 10b. Liked them both alot but always wanted to hear and own the towers with their quarter wave T line cabinet. Well first impression at lower levels was disappointment, lacking in mid and bass, My Boston Acoustic A200 blew them away, they...
  14. nttrbl

Pioneer sx1050 value?

Found a beautiful sx1050,. Cabinet and face are in like new condition, nothing ever done inside but was checked and bias adjusted and switches lubed.the owner said his lowest price is $400 its in ontario, Canada notfar from me. What do you think of this price and is there any model specific...
  15. nttrbl

ESS Amt 1 Towers which amp to use?

Just picked these up from original owner, beautiful shape, surrounds replaced etc. I have a choice of 2 amps, which should i use? 1) Nikko alpha11- 120 watts/channel 8 ohm, dual mono, 115db s/n 2) Altec 9446a - 400 watts/channel 8 ohm 100db+ s/n 3) possibly a Hafler dh500, not sure still...
  16. nttrbl

NIB OLA's!

Just picked these up, beautiful condition, I have a set of 4002 and always wanted to hear OLA. Removed the woofers for refoaming date code says 1974. Should I replace the caps? Unused but over 40 yrs old. Sorry if picture is sideways etc using a crappy phone.
  17. nttrbl

Technics su8088 input cable replacement

Input selector cable is broken inside the plastic slider on top of the switch, is there any suitable replacements for it? it is flat with a black rubber covering, inside is a thin strip of metal that sits inside another flat metal strip. Any ideas will be investigated and appreciated.
  18. nttrbl

Another one of these stories. *sigh*

http://mic.com/articles/104250/what-the-internet-has-done-to-your-love-of-music I personally like and enjoy both formats daily. :banana:
  19. nttrbl

Sony ST-3950 SD Problem! Help!

The left channel shuts off suddenly at random times, all i have to do is turn off then turn it back on and its working again for awhile then does it again could be 5 mins later could be 30 mins later, does this no matter if its hooked to the fixed or variable output on back, Also the output on...
  20. nttrbl

Heathkit aa21d issue

The left channel has low volume and when i tap on the volume control it sounds like your tapping on a microphone, could this be a matter of a bad ground on the volume switch? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  21. nttrbl

tx100 turntable hookup help

Hi recently acquired this integrated amp and want to hook up my turntable, it has a mm cartridge. My question is what position do i put the phono switch on the back at: hi or low? also where do i ground my table i dont see any dedicated ground screw. Any help is appreciated.
  22. nttrbl

New to tubes, suggestions please.

Want to try either a tube amp or integrated with my speakers, they are my Sony ES SS 3300: 16 ohm, 98 db, 25 watts 60 max. I will be using my Luxman C2 pre amp. Looking at the Dynaco st70 wondering if it will be sufficient power at 16 ohm. Anyone have any suggestions on a tube integrated...
  23. nttrbl

Koss Kossfire 210

No laughing, picked these up at Burlington Beach yard sale today, cost a whole $10. woofer cloth hard as a rock, no movement of the woofer at all! Brought them home hooked them up and they work!! Gonna put foam on them instead of cloth and pull out the dustcaps and lube the controls(took about...
  24. nttrbl

Sony ES SS3300 Yardsale find!

Found these at a yardsale today, couldnt believe my eyes. great shape, original owner, paid less than a 12pack of beer! Can't wait to try them.
  25. nttrbl

Loving my penguins!

Picked these up as a belated birthday present for myself, B&W DM6, Had them for a week now and I love them, they sound awesome and have now taken top spot in my main system sending my Energy pro 22 to the part time basement system as I only have room for a single set of speakers in the...
Back
Top Bottom