Search results

1. J

Nothing is working as it should...can't troubleshoot the problem...*facepalm*

Y'all are right. *bonks head* Late last night, I switched out the speakers from the SDA's to another pair (Sonus Faber Concertinos) and the channel separation came back completely. What a weird thing for the SDA's not to be able to completely silence a side, but I guess it makes sense with...
  2. J

That's how I have them. :/ Thank you for your suggestion, though. I'm very open to others.
  3. J

It's largely a channel separation issue. This is the gear I'm alternating between trying to find the problem: McIntosh MC2205 amp McIntosh MC2255 amp McIntosh C32 pre Adcom GFP 710 pre Polk Audio SDA 1.2 speakers Sources are irrelevant for now. Between both amps and preamps, sound is coming...
  4. J

MC2255 or 2205 with Polk SRS SDA series speakers? Good, bad or ugly?

Just curious if anyone has any experience with this set up. I'm considering a set of the 2.3's, but it's a rabbit hole of information on those speakers and none that I've read pertains to this era of Mc amps. Thanks!
  5. J

McIntosh repairs in south Texas

Following this. My 2255 is now making a hissing sound from the right channel. Need to a/b against my 2205, but haven't had the time.
  6. J

Quick speaker ID (should be easy for y'all).

Saw this on a friend's IG post and figured they were a pair of Klipsch, but I didn't know what model (or if another brand altogether). Thanks.
  7. J

Hoarder auction

Compulsive disorder, investment opportunity or both? What happens to the value of rare object that's no longer rare? Weird. Be interesting to see how much all these sell for.
  8. J

JBL L19's....who refoams 'em?

Just picked up a pair for the wallet-straining price of $10.00, but the surrounds are kaput. I know, I know....many of you will recommend my refoaming them, but, honestly, I don't have the time or patience (plus, there are the Infinitis that need refoaming, too....). Reviews are pretty good on...
  9. J

Is there a need for a dedicated headphone amp with Mc amp and preamp?

Thanks. And, my God, I love your signature line... Any idea which would better serve those headphones: electrostatic or low impedance?
  10. J

Is there a need for a dedicated headphone amp with Mc amp and preamp?

Just scored a pair of AKG K280 Parabolic headphones and one user said they benefit from a dedicated headphone amp. Surely, my C32 and MC2505 would be sufficient without the need for additional gear, right? Note, I'm at work so I can't test them just yet; hence my question to help pass time...
  11. J

Symposium isolation shelves found at estate sale

Found these with no price tags in a closet. It was readily clear that they were anti-vibration platters, but there was no other information and no other stereo equipment (except for a pair of AKG K280 Parabolic headphones that I also purchased). But, man...what this man must have had? I guess...
  12. J

Weak right channel on MC2255....erghhhh

Hmmmm....this amp is near the floor....maybe I should stop turning it on with my toe...
  13. J

UPDATE: so, I removed the extraneous and exposed speaker wires and turned on a couple of records. The right channel power guard did not light up again at all despite high volume levels (much higher than what prompted this issue this morning). While the sound was clear and as a Mc fan to...
  14. J

Wife was on my ass to hurry and get the extra speakers out before guests arrived. Comparable danger, you see....
  15. J

Crap...I have no idea what all that means, but it sounds serious. Now to find a qualified repair shop in Houston (which is surprisingly difficult)...
  16. J

Most likely it hasn't been serviced in YEARS - I've only owned it for a year or so. I am not bale to check for DC on the outputs because I have no idea what that is...(DC and how to check). Of potential note: I was running two pair of speakers from the amp with no issues until two weeks ago...
  17. J

After no issues, the right channel on my MC2255 is acting up. A few days ago, I noticed that I had to crank the gain on it to be on the level as the left channel. Now, the Power Guard light on the right channel is lighting up and the right rear of the chassis (what is that back there...I'm...
  18. J

From maximist to minimalist: The story of my evolution.

When the "quest" gets in the way of simply enjoying music, it's time to re-prioritize.
  19. J

What to do with these RS-4B's?

Again, thank y'all for all the information. Love this community! A little update with pics. I took the drivers off one of the speakers and, interestingly(?), the purple wire was connected to the "red stripe" positive(?) terminal on one speaker, but on the "non-red stripe" negative terminal on...
  20. J

Oy...first place I inquired quoted $85/speaker: $340! Need to keep looking. Thanks for the encouragement, y'all. I was tempted to ditch them or freecycle them initially. Hopefully, when repaired, they'll sound good with my current set up (in my signature, except for now running a MC2255 amp).
  21. J

Long story short, I picked these up for free from a lady who found them in a home she purchased. By all accounts, they appear to have been last used by a male teenager soooo.....the condition is rough. Surrounds are gone, wood is about a 7/10, grills are a 5/10, there's something oozing out of...
  22. J

Thelonious Monk: Les liaisons dangereuses 1960 RSD release

So, I found out about this release on the Sunday (one day later) after RSD. Checked Ebay....all being flipped in the $150-200 range. Called all the local stores in Houston, none had a copy left. Then I started calling random stores in neighboring states: Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi....all...
  23. J

ID these speakers - bonus F1 related content!

Saw that this home in Sweden was for sale complete with a 1995 Benetton F1 car (and other F1 items) inside. Saw these speakers on the last pic and was curious what they were. Pretty sure an astute AK'er can easily id them. (note: NOT in the market for an $8.2M home, btw)...
  24. J

Jaw Dropping

I'd like to see the 19's too, please.
  25. J

Just bought a MC2255 to flip and now...

How could I do this? And what would the advantage be? Currently only running one pair of speakers (Boston Acoustic A200's). Also have 2 pair of BW 601 and 602's.
Back
Top Bottom