Search results

1. ampheat

Luxman D375

I am considering one of these for 250€ in very good condition with minor surfaace marks Is it worth it? has anyone any experience with this model?
  2. ampheat

Rogers speakers... which model?

Rogers Studio 3. Like the venerated Rogers LS35/A, and of the same dimensions (both the box and the drivers) they are small compact loudspeakers from 1993 that replaced the original LS35/A but with Rogers drivers as opposed to the KEFS in the original version. They sound fine with all kinds of...
  3. ampheat

tube type heat sinks for resistors

I am not sure of the term but the purpose is to prevent the resistor or diode from overheating the board.
  4. ampheat

can it be used as heatsink?
  5. ampheat

Craig, so would teflon dissipate heat? If not what would? would raising the resistors help to dissipate heat? thanks
  6. ampheat

I am looking for tube type heat sinks that fit outside resistor leads. The leads go through them to dissipate heat. I have a LUXMAN L 230 integrated that needs them to prevent a diode and a resistor from overheating the circuit board what are they called exactly and where can find some? I...
  7. ampheat

QUAD sevice IAG group

Has anyone had any experience with QUAD tube/valve service repairs with their new owners IAG? I need to have one checked. I have heard they are good with transistors equipment 33 ,34, 44 series) but don't know about valves.
  8. ampheat

QUAD II ef86 socket failure

i don't know. How do I check? I have a volt meter but am not an expert. what should i look for AC/DC? do i put the probes in the socket, on which pins?
  9. ampheat

QUAD II ef86 socket failure

the socket of the left ef 86 doesn't allow for the tube to light up. I tried swapping with one from the working amp to no avail. Also for good measure, i swapped all the tubes from the other working amp and still the same issue. any idea what it can be due to? Not a transformer or the choke I hope.
  10. ampheat

Revox B215 issue

my revox B215 sometimes during play switches itself to source. Rarely other times it will not shut off at the power switch. I have to disconnect the power chord. it seems to be an electronic problem. Is this due to worn capacitors? any idea which ones to replace? thanks
  11. ampheat

Harman Kardon CD491

the CD 491 was a pain to service. The entire circuit board had to be removed to remove the transport for belt change. Also to change the idler tire you had to remove the face plate to remove the small plate covering the idler. Besides that it was a great deck.
  12. ampheat

NAD Amplifiers Are They Any Good?

NAD a brand name that blends the names Naim and Quad in an attempt to have a share in the hi fi market. Ok despite relaiability issues specially The CD palyers with lights constantly buring out. Personally I much prefer QUAD, to which NAD can't hold a candle in terms of reliability. I have the...
  13. ampheat

Equalizers

I sometimes hook up my Harman Kardon EQ8. No noise. absolutely flat when set to 0. has a subsonic filter that I use to reduce woofer pumping when playing vinyl which is why i use it mainly.
  14. ampheat

harman kardon cd491 repair help

Harman kardon CD491 tire replacement I have managed to replace the idler tire on Nakamichi decks (which have similar transport) without disassembling the transport. check out this site for details. http://naks.es/cr7_idler_tyre.html Note: on the cd491, you will have to remove the face plate...
  15. ampheat

What's a good brush to clean records with

hunt eda mark 6 I use a Hunt EDA Mark 6 brush for daily cleaning and the Dishwasher brush for wet cleaning newly purchased records (usually used ones) or very dirty records. The Hunts brush takes some time to get used to but it works well. It has both carbon fibre brushes and a pad. However...
  16. ampheat

subsonic filter options

My understanding is that it is for BOTH tape decks to prevent infra-sonic signals from being recorded AND for the speakers (usually ported ones) that are more susceptible to producing infrasonic frequencies when playing back vinyl or tapes. Subsonic or "low cut" filters were incorporated into...
  17. ampheat

subsonic filter options

I get woofer pumping when i use my Conrad johnson PV10a tube preamp on the phono mode. It is not turntable specific because i have tried another turntable and cartridges with the same problem. I am considering a subsonic filter. Can anyone suggest one and where to connect it? I have come across...
  18. ampheat

Luxman T400 Tuner

Luxman panel light replacement I am in need of replacing the panel light in a Luxman T-112 tuner which looks identical to the T-400. Where is the light situated as i cannot find it. Is it embedded in the acrylic display panel? Does anyone have access to a service manual for either the T-400 ot...
  19. ampheat

Monitor Audio Studio 20 urgent question

thanks for your informative reply. Just one question: How loud are 90 dBs?
  20. ampheat

Monitor Audio Studio 20 urgent question

I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of MA Studio 20 next week in excellent condition (for just under 1200US, they were about 4000 new) but there is one doubt: I am not sure if they are suitable to drive a 15 watt class A amp (the Quad II). I have heard great comments on these speakers in...
  21. ampheat

Recommended speakers for Quad II

I am seeking speakers that would bring out the best in the Quad II monoblocks with their modest 15-watt output. I would prefer non-electrostatics like the discontinued Monitor Audio Studio series (the Studio 10, 15 or 20) but they are difficult to obtain as most owners refuse to part with them...
  22. ampheat

QUAD II & speaker impedance matching

I am currently using a pair of QUAD IIs with 8 Ohms output with older B&W speakers of 4 Ohms. I have read that with tube amps, this higher amp impedance to speaker mismatch can be handled. Other sources say that this will affect the durability of the amp. Should they be used exclusively with...
  23. ampheat

B&W Matrix 2 (first series) doubts

The recommended power handling in the user's manual is 50-150W at 4 ohms. Sensitivity is 87dB (1W8ohms). This is for the first series of the Matrix 2.
  24. ampheat

Mainly with a 100 watt Quad 405-2. Sometimes with 2 QUAD II tube monoblocks (15 watts each) which don't sound as good in the mids and highs with the Matrix 2 as they do with thr pair of Rega Alyas I have in my second system.
  25. ampheat

I have owned a pair of B&W Matrix 2 (the first Matrix series from 1988, not the 801 Matrix) and am wondering if there are any improvements that can be made to the crossover, for example, in order to make them sound their best after 22 years. They were high-end speakers back then and my intention...
Back
Top Bottom