Search results

1. phonophan79

Sony CFS-W301 tuner not working

Hello! I'm pretty amateur when it comes to poking around inside these things... but I picked up a Sony CFS-W301 radio at Goodwill. Both cassettes work and play... but the radio, both AM/FM are silent. Speaker crackles when toggle between AM/FM but no audible noise from moving the dial. Any...
  2. phonophan79

Solid State record help spinning up to speed?

Yup! I should have known... was able to get the turntable spinning but something is still off. At :12-:14 there's a slow down and a click that shouldn't be happening. The "click" is the gear running into that black piece and snapping back (see red circle). Again, any advice is...
  3. phonophan79

Solid State record help spinning up to speed?

Greetings - Not sure if this should be in turntables or Solid State? I've never worked on a Solid State player, so I went with this subforum. I picked this GE Solid State Automatic Record Player up at Goodwill... and it's having a bit of trouble spinning on it's own. I can see the motor...
  4. phonophan79

Panasonic SG-719 solid state radio & phono

If anyone is interested, here it is with a new needle...
  5. phonophan79

Panasonic SG-719 solid state radio & phono

Greetings - I saved this from the curb today... a bit dusty, but gave it a once over and plugged it in. It works! ... but def needs a new needle. I actually came here to ask if there was any chance of replacing the needle but was amazed to find it at a simple Google search...
  6. phonophan79

automatic functions on a BSR turntable?

Wow, how simple... it was just a matter of how the platter was placed! Now everything works. Thanks!
  7. phonophan79

automatic functions on a BSR turntable?

Greetings - So, this is my first time venturing inside to perform repairs on my own. My guinea pig is a $5 garage sale find - a Mitsubishi MGA ST-26 (or 70s BSR) turntable. It was seized and I successfully unseized it - it works and plays now, save for the automatic functions. Here is a...
  8. phonophan79

Replacement power cord for vintage radio/phonograph?

Hrmm, I appreciate the responses... but picture 4 basically is a figure 8 cord (it's an IEC connector with the squared end)... it's too big. ...and the cheater cord also looks way too big. Picture 3 (with the ruler) shows we're only dealing with half an inch. Any other suggestions? Thank you...
  9. phonophan79

Replacement power cord for vintage radio/phonograph?

Greetings - I am seeking some advice regarding this radio/phonograph. I'm venturing the people in this forum may be able to help or point me in the right direction. Forgive me if this is the wrong sub-forum... I believe it's a Silvano, Kyoei: Solid State Radio Phono -- (It works with the 4-D...
  10. phonophan79

Sony TC-255 suddenly playing slower?

Problem solved. Original Motor Capacitor had broken / leaked... and replaced. Playing back to normal speed now.
  11. phonophan79

Sony TC-255 suddenly playing slower?

Greetings - I am new to R2R but I am getting into it and would love to learn more. My first unit is a Sony TC-255 I picked up locally. I realize this is a bottom of the line unit... but, hear me out. It's super clean inside and out. (I think? Picture attached.) It was playing and working...
  12. phonophan79

Weltron 2001 "space helmet" / 8-track help

Hello - I realize this may not be the place... but can anyone offer some help on this? The 8-track tape has to be pulled out just slightly and held in place to get the reel turning. The unit has been sitting unused for years. It was just given to me as someone who would appreciate it...
  13. phonophan79

Turntable speed adjustment?

Greetings - I realize this isn't the best player out there, I picked it up at a garage sale for a few bucks. It plays and all the automatic functions work... ...but it's spinning just slightly faster than it should. Any idea if/where there is a speed adjustment on this unit? Any advice...
  14. phonophan79

Dual turntable repair in the NJ/NYC area?

I saw, on this forum, that someone named NoTransistors (Seth) came highly recommended and I tried to PM him here but getting a message that his e-mail box is full. Does anyone have his direct e-mail?
  15. phonophan79

Dual turntable repair in the NJ/NYC area?

Greetings! I have a Dual 1237 with which I need some help. Two main problems. 1) Only one channel coming through strong. The other is very faint and mostly just a loud hum. 2) The arm no longer transports for the automatic functionality. I would love this unit fixed but i'm very...
  16. phonophan79

Shure Needle replacement help?

Sorry for being a noob... I don't understand what this actually means. My phono collection is mostly 78s and mechanical phonographs, but I have some turntables and vinyl as well. Thank you for those who responded with stylus part #s. But are you saying this cartridge (the part mounted...
  17. phonophan79

Shure Needle replacement help?

Greetings - I have an Onkyo CP-1026A turntable. It seems this model turntable was not always factory fitted with a phono cartridge. So i'm having trouble finding what model replacement to order. I know it's a Shure but I can't find any numbers. I'm hoping someone will know or can point me...
  18. phonophan79

BSR Quanta 450

Greetings Forum - I spent $5 on this unit at a garage sale... and another $5 on a new turntable belt. Everything seems to be in good working order except one thing. The tonearm is off a centimeter or two... when starting a record, the tonearm lifts and the needle comes down just shy of the...
Back
Top Bottom