Search results

1. reeltimeau

Teac A3300SX pinch roller pressure

Thanks drjim. I couldn't even see the dot on the screw head. I have ordered a set of jis screwdrivers and hopefully these will move the screws.
  2. reeltimeau

Thanks for your reply jlb2. I haven't yet readjusted the pinch roller solenoid. The screws have been well and truly locked in place. I will have to heat them to try to release them. Another question: which way do you move the solenoid to reduce the pinch roller pressure?
  3. reeltimeau

My A3300SX has suddenly started playing ever so slightly slower than it should, on both speeds. I have read that it might be a pinch roller pressure problem. According to the service manual, I measure the pressure needed to just stop the pinch roller spinning by pulling it away from the capstan...
  4. reeltimeau

AKAI 4000DS Reel to Reel running slowly

The screw cap does need to be attached.
  5. reeltimeau

AKAI 4000DS Reel to Reel running slowly

Hi Gigsy, If the tapes that are playing at half speed are 7½ ips and the ones that play correctly are 3/¾ ips, sounds to me like you haven't changed the speed sleeve. On this model it is stored just above the head cover. These sometimes get lost. The sleeve is slipped over the capstan to play 7½...
  6. reeltimeau

Tape collection is growing. AWWWWWWW !

audiocrzy, I do play the ones I like the most. The others just sit there. Every now and again I'll go look at them and pick one I don't even remember listening to! I was a little bit younger when I started collecting........about 12 years ago I think.
  7. reeltimeau

MaxxVolume Magnificent.!
  8. reeltimeau

Another much smaller area of concern.
  9. reeltimeau

Please don't let it get to this! As you can see, these pics were taken 10 years ago, but I still have them. Slowly starting to sell the good ones, but most of them are fairly mundane, like Percy Faith, Mantovani, Arthur Fiedler etc. I do have 57 American Airlines tapes which are pretty good. Far...
  10. reeltimeau

Akai factory demonstration A reel to reel tape

Hi Old HiFi Guy, I have a couple of these tapes. Mine start with a guy welcoming you to the Akai, and the first item is the sound effect of a train passing from left to right. Then there is a selection of various music. I would imagine that over the years these tapes were recorded over. I hope...
  11. reeltimeau

Akai GX4000D Take-up reel noise

Hi bencce, I can't believe that 10+ years have gone since I posted this. I didn't solve the problem and actually bought a 2nd deck only to find the exact same issue. I did manage to find some spring gauges and followed the service manual to adjust as required. Not much improvement. I did also...
  12. reeltimeau

Akai gx-747dbx weak right chanel by reverse playback & recording

I had a similar problem with my GX-636. I found that in reverse play/record I'd suddenly lose the left (or right) channel. I could temporarily solve the problem by pressing the forward then reverse button a few times in rapid succession. This would fix the problem for a while, but I suspect...
  13. reeltimeau

Pioneer CT-F1250 tape eater...

I had the same problem. Replaced the pinch rollers......problem solved. Speaking of that small nylon nut, be very careful turning this as mine cracked when I moved it. Age makes them brittle. They have a locking compound painted on them to stop them moving.
  14. reeltimeau

Akai 4000, Akai 4400 Perspex dust cover

I have a perspex dust cover, brand new in original box, which I bought years ago for my GX4000D, but found that the box was marked "for 4000 or 4400". Could someone please tell me the distance between the small plastic pieces on the top panels of the 4000 and 4400 which the cover hooks onto...
  15. reeltimeau

Pioneer CT-F1250 Muffled Sound Playback Pinch Rollers?

bikerdon, I had what sounds like the same problem with my 1250, and ended up replacing the pinch rollers which solved the problem. However, I have never been able to get a proper reading from the EQ calibration, except with metal type iv cassettes!! Tim, Sydney.
  16. reeltimeau

I can't be sure if they were new old stock Pioneer parts or repros., but they certainly were not...

I can't be sure if they were new old stock Pioneer parts or repros., but they certainly were not used and they did work very well. I have again looked through my Paypal account to find any reference to the seller I mentioned, but can't find his name. One thing I do know, and that is that there...
  17. reeltimeau

I've found this item on Ebay which looks familiar. This could be the seller who had the pinch...

I've found this item on Ebay which looks familiar. This could be the seller who had the pinch rollers. I see he doesn't have any now, but the site sure does look familiar. If I see anything else, I will let you know...
  18. reeltimeau

Once again, I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply. I'm still trying to find where I bought the...

Once again, I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply. I'm still trying to find where I bought the pinch rollers from. I'm having to trawl through my Paypal account to find them (I can't remember when it was), but they list by vendor name, but as I don't know this, it's taking some time. I will get...
  19. reeltimeau

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, and I'm assuming I haven't already replied, but I didn't...

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, and I'm assuming I haven't already replied, but I didn't see your message. I do remember buying my pinch rollers from Ebay and I'm quite sure it was from Germany. Other than that, I can't tell you much more. If I can find the actual transaction record, I'll...
  20. reeltimeau

Do You Reinforce Your Ikea Record Rack?

I put castors on my 1 x 4 which is lying on its side. One reason was to elevate the TV, the other was so the centre castors supported the weight of the records. The 2 separate 2 x 2's seem to be holding the weight of the 10.5 inch reels of tape although the bulk of the tapes are on the lower...
  21. reeltimeau

Sound Tonearm ST-14

Thanks for that information. It certainly seems to be very well designed and built. I now have more respect for it, but will probably try to find it a new home.
  22. reeltimeau

Sound Tonearm ST-14

I have had this tonearm, probably since the early 80's. It has anti-skating and cueing devices. Has anyone ever seen one or heard of the brand. I suspect it might have been a generic arm and it was on a JH Turntable of the same era.
  23. reeltimeau

what was the last year that Pre recorded reel tapes

I have a couple of ABBA tapes: "The Singles" Copyright 1982 and "The Visitors" Copyright 1981 recorded on the Atlantic label at 3 3/4ips. Also a Melissa Manchester Greatest Hits recorded 1983 Arista Records, Inc. at 3 3/4 ips. I think these are about the latest in my collection.
  24. reeltimeau

Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

That really is great work; thank you. Those bad pics always did annoy me but I couldn't work out how to fix it. Can you let me know what program you used to do that? If only we had a better camera way back then. I was in my twenties then and was pretty pleased with myself for having the Cougar...
  25. reeltimeau

Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

My beloved and quite rare in Australia at the time, '69 Mercury Cougar Convertible. I bought it from a friend, who had it converted to right hand drive, in the mid/late 70's, but stupidly sold it about 4 years later. The pictures were taken with an Instamatic if I remember correctly, and are the...
Back
Top Bottom