Search results

1. leesonic

Speaker factory - dual 8" tower - anyone know these?

If you specifically want speakers with two 8" woofers, I would recommend checking out Acoustic Research AR94S, KEF C40, or Advent Heritage.
  2. leesonic

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Even Baby Advents get "upgraded". The first with some new tweeters. And the second with a side mounted port, and who knows what drivers.
  3. leesonic

What’s your every day carry “EDC” knife?

Didn't realize I needed an everyday knife. Probably need an everyday screwdriver more.
  4. leesonic

Happy Birthday avionic!

Happy Birthday!
  5. leesonic

Design Acoustics PS-10 and PS-10A restoration

Here is the second pair of tweeters. And here they both are. If you compare the tweeters in this picture to the pictures earlier in the thread, you can see the difference in the domes.
  6. leesonic

Ever turned 100,000 miles over on a Car

Daily driver Focus 2010 5-speed just went over 208,000 miles.
  7. leesonic

Anyone interested in doing a Pony Express from New Rochelle NY to Southern NJ?

Like the title says, anyone interested in doing a Pony Express from New Rochelle NY to Southern NJ? There are a pair of speakers on Facebook marketplace up there that I would like to get down here. Lee.
  8. leesonic

I had both of these set up on an A/B speaker switch. The one pair was noticeably quieter in the treble than the other. Since they are now running identical crossovers, the problem had to lie with the tweeters. Removing them and measuring the impedance, they were both similar and not anything I...
  9. leesonic

NAD 7020 Stubborn repair

No need to add emitter resistors to this or any other NAD product that didn't already have them. The 2N0355/MJ2955 have been epitaxial since the 1970s. Trust me, I've done more of these amps than most people have had hot dinners. Currently starting on my third one since the beginning of the...
  10. leesonic

Design Acoustic ps-10 Question

Watch this space : https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/design-acoustics-ps-10-and-ps-10a-restoration.1053826/ One of my pair has low output on the tweeters, and I was about to try re-doping them. This is after replacing crossover caps and cleaning the L-pads.
  11. leesonic

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

Who says it's long overdue? Someone that has passing interest in cars, and decided to go into auto journalism? Quite often, they list their "credits" to try and bolster their credibility. Or was this another AI article? People don't drink manual transmissions (please, call it what it is)...
  12. leesonic

Need expert help replacing passive woofers with active woofers in a pair of Polk Monitor 10a speakers

As others have said, the 10" woofer is actually a passive radiator. It's actually there to augment the bass response from the two 6.5" drivers above it. Adding a 10" woofer or subwoofer to this speaker would completely ruin the sound. If your "friend" insists that you do it, politely decline...
  13. leesonic

And not even matching subs either. Those Sony's were good, they would run in a very small sealed enclosure. The 12" ones only need 1 cu. ft. of volume. Not sure how they would fair in a vented Cerwin Vega cabinet.
  14. leesonic

Why are there never any Advents like that near me? I have eight woofers poised and ready to roll (after refoaming them).
  15. leesonic

I didn't Google-Bing those, but I'm guessing Tannoy's would still be worth saving properly.
  16. leesonic

Please just save and post the pictures. This isn't a dollars and sense thread, so we shouldn't include listing here.
  17. leesonic

KEF Reference 101 monitor crossover re-capped

Just make a list of cap values and order them from your favorite parts supplier. You can upgrade to film caps in key locations.
  18. leesonic

No words needed for these :
  19. leesonic

These were being offered for sale for very close to what a mint condition pair would sell for with the correct drivers. Obviously a Rat Shack or other woofer, coupled with an adaptor plate made from a packing crate increases the value...
  20. leesonic

The ad stated : "Some minor damage to the bigger speakers but it's just them rips as shown in the pictures everything works perfectly"
  21. leesonic

Average White Band to retire in 2024? Say it isn't so.

I received an email from The Birchmere like I do every month. However, what caught my eye was "AVERAGE WHITE BAND A Funk Finale – Farewell Tour 2024". Are they really retiring? Say it isn't so. Other sources and searches seem to confirm this. I know the Birchmere shows are sold out, I saw them...
  22. leesonic

Repainting a Sansui SR-838 turntable to look original with the gloss "piano black" finish they originally came with?

If you can't refinish it yourself, I would suggest stripping it back to a bare plinth, removing the arm, motor, controls etc. and then having an auto body place paint it for you. It may end up costing more than it's actually worth though.
  23. leesonic

22 years ago today, Remy Shand "The Way I Feel" released in the US

22 years ago today, the album "The Way I Feel" by the Canadian soul musician Remy Shand was released in the United States. It was released a year earlier in the UK, Europe and his own Canada. This one album wonder was sadly missed by most people. With some of today's artistes having scores of...
  24. leesonic

Thank you! The older crossover had a switch for "flat" and "-3db", the resistors are part of that. The newer crossover uses the L-pad. Still haven't had a chance to hook these up and listen to them yet. My daughters PS5 is on top of one stack of speakers, and my BluRay player and Region 2 DVD...
  25. leesonic

As previously mentioned, the 10 (not 10A) versions have the crossover hot melt glued to the terminal plate. 10/10 for neatness, -20 for actually being able to recap them with anything other than caps that exactly match the originals. The solution? Use some 10A crossovers you have left over...
Back
Top Bottom