Search results

1. leesonic

Anyone interested in doing a Pony Express from New Rochelle NY to Southern NJ?

Like the title says, anyone interested in doing a Pony Express from New Rochelle NY to Southern NJ? There are a pair of speakers on Facebook marketplace up there that I would like to get down here. Lee.
  2. leesonic

Average White Band to retire in 2024? Say it isn't so.

I received an email from The Birchmere like I do every month. However, what caught my eye was "AVERAGE WHITE BAND A Funk Finale – Farewell Tour 2024". Are they really retiring? Say it isn't so. Other sources and searches seem to confirm this. I know the Birchmere shows are sold out, I saw them...
  3. leesonic

22 years ago today, Remy Shand "The Way I Feel" released in the US

22 years ago today, the album "The Way I Feel" by the Canadian soul musician Remy Shand was released in the United States. It was released a year earlier in the UK, Europe and his own Canada. This one album wonder was sadly missed by most people. With some of today's artistes having scores of...
  4. leesonic

Shopping around for auto insurance quotes digs up old skeletons in the closet

I have been shopping around for auto insurance quotes, since my bill seems to be getting way out of control. I have made a couple of calls on my drive to work, and of course they ask you a whole bunch of questions. One of has been "do you have any violations within the last five years?" which I...
  5. leesonic

Design Acoustics PS-10 and PS-10A restoration

I bought two pairs of Design Acoustics PS-10 speakers last year, and thought I should do a write-up of the work I've been doing on them. They are actually a pair of PS-10s and a pair of PS-10A. The only differences externally are the black versus brown grills, and the 10A models have an L-pad...
  6. leesonic

Suggestions for equipment, setup, and techniques for making speaker cabinets

I figured I would post this in the DIY section, but maybe it should be in the speakers section? I just bought some speakers that need new cabinets, a pair of Wharfedale E30s. I also have enough Advent drivers to make at least four pairs of speakers. Buying and re-purposing BSR or white van...
  7. leesonic

Mystery woofer identification

Does anybody have any idea what these mystery woofers are? The markings on the back are : 509124 1056 7742 and 509124 1056 7733 Removed from a set of Dynaco A-250 for further inspection.
  8. leesonic

Klownschool really knows how to present vinyl - top notch

I just bought four George Benson albums from @Klownschool. White Rabbit, Body Talk, Bad Benson, and Good King Bad. They arrived in a very sturdy cardboard box, but this was just an inkling of what was to come. Inside, these albums were the best presented and packaged vinyl I have ever bought...
  9. leesonic

How can Microsoft screw up basic things like Notepad and Photo Viewer?

I wasn't sure whether to post this here, or in Back Alley Pub. But how can Microsoft screw up basic things like Notepad and Photo Viewer? I'm noticing these things with a new PC with Windows 11, but they might have been present in 10. Notepad has always been useful as the data laundering...
  10. leesonic

Another Sansui AU-717 restoration and upgrade

Here are some pictures of my Sansui AU-717 I restored earlier this year. I'm posting them here for prosperity, since they will end up sitting on my PC for all eternity, but also because I sadly sold the amp earlier this year. When this amp came to me, it had been "restored" by somebody else...
  11. leesonic

ProAc Tablette (original version) crossover schematic needed

Does anybody have a crossover schematic for the original ProAc Tablette? The one with the Scan Speak D2008 tweeter and Seas 11F-GX H 149 woofer? I'm looking to try and recreate these with some drivers that are on their way to me. I've looked around on the 'net, and also have been talking to...
  12. leesonic

How do you get to private chat messages?

Like the title says, how do you get to private chat messages? I don't know what was wrong with just starting a conversation. But now, I have all these private chats, and I don't know how to get to them. The only way I can see to do it, is to click on the notification when I get one.
  13. leesonic

Stacked Advents, though probably not the ones you're thinking of

I bought two pairs of Advent Legacy's a couple of months ago. I've been working on them off and on since then, when time allows. The crossovers got new caps installed, a Dayton film and Parts Express NPE. The original wiring was SO thin, it might have been around 20 gauge. Or at least, that's...
  14. leesonic

Anti virus software for Windows 10 - any recommendations?

Like the title says, anti-virus software for Windows 10 (Pro) - what are people running, and any recommendations? I just bought my old work Dell Laptop, a Precision 7550, for about 10% of it's original purchase price. I know the full history of it, including me spilling tea on it, and taking it...
  15. leesonic

What's up with Genesis?

What's up with Genesis? Only in America would people pay good money for a bling blinged Hyundai, and think they're sophisticated. And look at the horrible wide mouth grille? Are they taking styling cues from 1950s car design? Or maybe trying to compete with Buick? I don't get it.
  16. leesonic

People say such NICE things about you.

I was using Google search for a thread here on AK, not realizing that the search function was up and running. I came across these couple of gems : A hack, and an audiophool? What a pity they didn't have the guts to make an account in their own name, instead making one in my name. Or how...
  17. leesonic

KEF 101 restoration, plus comparison to Wharfedale Diamond 3 and Pioneer SP-B522-LR

I actually had the pleasure of working on a pair of KEF Reference 101 speakers over the last few weeks. Usually, I only get sent the crossovers, but the owner of these @TAS1970 sent me the complete speakers. I was able to finally see and hear a pair of these in action, and even compare them to...
  18. leesonic

How long after an IV or having blood work do you take a bath?

Just wondering, how long to people wait after having an IV or having blood drawn before having a bath? I mean a real bath, as in semi submerged, instead of a shower? I guess I'm somewhat wary of it because I sprang a leak one time. I was in the hospital once, I thought I was having a heart...
  19. leesonic

Can speakers make music sound faster?

Sitting here relaxing, actually listening to music in a semi-optimum listening position, rather than it playing while I'm doing something else. I have recently put back into service a CD changer. What I do is load it up with 5 CDs of differing genres (mostly), and set it to random. That way, I...
  20. leesonic

Does anybody have a service manual or schematic for a Kenwood KF-8011 noise reduction unit?

Like the title says, does anybody have a service manual or schematic for a Kenwood KF-8011 noise reduction unit? I've searched around, and some of the sites returned seem a little dubious... Lee.
  21. leesonic

Pictures of our cat taken with a thermal camera.

Pictures of our cat (Rico Suaveye), taken with a thermal camera. Happiness is a cold nose and warm eyes...
  22. leesonic

Replacement pins for Sansui AU-717 and others

Does anybody have a part number or source for the through PCB pins that Sansui used on the AU-717 and other amps? Not the removeable connector pins, instead the ones that have the wires crimped into them, and then push through the board. Mine has a couple that look questionable. I have attached...
  23. leesonic

My father passed away yesterday.

Good morning, Yesterday afternoon, I received the sad notice of my father passing. He was 71 years old. I spoke to my aunt in Wisconsin, she had received word from my dad’s cousin in the UK. He was diagnosed with COPD last week, and they found cancer spots on his lungs. When my aunt spoke to...
  24. leesonic

A tale of two 10" woofers - Boston Acoustics A100 and Advent Legacy 2

A tale of two 10" woofers... I have been working on a pair of very similar speakers, namely some Boston Acoustics A100, and a pair of Advent Legacy 2. Both of them use a 10" woofer and 1" dome tweeter, in a sealed enclosure. But the differences are more than skin deep. Looking at the woofers...
  25. leesonic

Tuners pictured in their own light (covers optional) - post 'em

How about a thread for pictures of tuners posted in their own light? Covers are optional. I was just messing around with a Kenwood KT-8300, and the soft glow inside looked really enthralling. I showed my girlfriend, she said "wow, it looks like a little City in there". The picture was taken...
Back
Top Bottom