Search results

1. Kenyonlands

Show us your Bird's Nest.

Mark W and Highfigh, no matter what either of you say, I was inspired by those pix and what another AK'er said -- to run lines parallel or perpendicular and keep signal lines away from power lines -- so I neatened (a word?) up my "nest" with some zip ties. Getting cords to go perpendicular -...
  2. Kenyonlands

Getting the "Humm" out of my speakers. Help needed -

Thanks, Fred S/JE. Ordered that same model of CATV iso transformer this afternoon, after a house call by the CATV tech. Just wanted to check, make sure all was on the up-and-up w/our cable TV lines, properly grounded, and set up (and to see if they'd provide this isolation transformer). No...
  3. Kenyonlands

JE/Fred Sanford - don't feel used, this thread has been helpful to me :yes:; please go to my first post on this thread (the longer one) and answer my question about where I can get one of these isolation transformers for my CATV line :scratch2: Thanks!
  4. Kenyonlands

ground loop?

Great Article for understanding/diagnosing ground loops http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/connecting-your-system/ground-loops-eliminating-system-hum-and-buzz This author's problem was exactly mine. Good article for those of us who've never heard of "ground loops" and to solve "speaker...
  5. Kenyonlands

Ocupatto, I was reading this thread before I saw yours here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8395 You may find it useful because they mention links to several of these isolation products, wiring a ground to equipment chassis, etc. Some of it was over my head because I'm not...
  6. Kenyonlands

Tip for Newbies & Seasoned AK'ers: JustAnswer.com

Newbies to stereo and home theatre (HT): If you are (1) not finding the answers by searching in AK, or (2) not finding them quick enough, or (3) can't understand the answer to your posts, or (4) have gotten totally frustrated (like I was this weekend, trying to find the source of speaker hum)...
  7. Kenyonlands

Highfigh and Fred: I "third" your suggestion on the CATV as the problem and want to ask you where/what kind of isolation adaptor I might get for CATV? I just spent the New Year's holiday pulling my hair out trying to figure the same hum problem in my speakers, after setting up a HT Receiver...
  8. Kenyonlands

New Guy--Fairfax, VA

Welcome, thirdson! You've discovered a great place. I'm new here as of last week and live near you in Loudoun County. My advice to you is read thru some threads before you throw out your questions - there's a lot of info. here. Also, use the search option in blue bar at top of screen...
  9. Kenyonlands

Basic Question: How to add Center Speakr to 2-channel system

Great to have that confirmed, Whoaru99. Regarding your last paragraph, I'll be on the lookout for the used receiver that's a few years old but one w/pre-outs - I don't need the bells & whistles or HDMI; just looking to move slowly into HT, play with it a little and try and keep the dollars...
  10. Kenyonlands

Bholio, you've caught the spirit of what I'd like to do. Thanks for the heads-up on the on-screen configuration and routing thru the TV for the Marantz and HK AVR 125 - I saw that model in my research last night. And, you're right, it's probably thinking too short to go Pro Logic vs dolby...
  11. Kenyonlands

Any suggested receiver models I could start researching, get used, something fairly simple w/surround sound? Knowing my system (first post on this thread), what's anyone's opinion on: Marantz SR7000...or...Rotel RSX-1055? Both seem to have Pre-outs, as suggested by Chadnliz.
  12. Kenyonlands

Chadnliz, Avionic, Kassanova, Whoaru99, Face and the others, thank you for your honest and straight-forward opinions. (Sorry, was out all day and couldn't respond.) This is kind of what I thought was needed - some other piece of equipment to send signal to the center. I like the idea of...
  13. Kenyonlands

Have read many of your posts; I value your opinions - hope you respond to my new posting in HT...

Have read many of your posts; I value your opinions - hope you respond to my new posting in HT forum. Kenyonlands
  14. Kenyonlands

Hello to all, I'm new to the site and not well versed in all of the technical terms but am learning a lot and reading a lot of threads on this site, looking for the answer, so please forgive if this is an old hat question: I have your basic analog 2-channel pre-amp/tuner (Adcom GTP-450) and...
Back
Top Bottom