Search results

1. mike d

What have you owned the longest?

Sanyo DCX 2000 K receiver from 1975 which I inherited in 1977 or so. So, 40 plus years. Not in use at the moment but one day!!!
  2. mike d

Justin Bieber Sells Entire Song Catalog at 28 years old

Really. How about a man with a great singing voice... one of the best ever.... a fantastic songwriter and musician who managed to be in two of the most inflential music groups in pop and rock music history.... and is in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame TWICE while hardly ever (if at all) using the...
  3. mike d

Justin Bieber Sells Entire Song Catalog at 28 years old

De gustibus non est disputandum would seem to be the right answer.
  4. mike d

Audio Technicas Anniversary turntable - what ye say?

I bought an LP-120 about 8 years ago. Couldn't find a tech to restore my SL- 1600. Anyway, I paid 400 bucks (Canadian) for it and it has been used sparingly. A couple of years ago, it started rumbling like a beast. There are a bunch of tutorials on line to reduce motor noise in playback but it...
  5. mike d

80 windows I'm not cleaning right now

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
  6. mike d

Whats the most u paid 4 a VHS player

In 1989,I ponied up $499 bucks for a Hitachi VT-F330 A . A demonstrator! Great deck but a steep price!
  7. mike d

Those Shure/Radio Shack cartridges...

And as it turns out I was wrong!! RXT 6 IS white! Memory playing tricks on me!!
  8. mike d

Those Shure/Radio Shack cartridges...

My RXT6 has a red/orange stylus guard colour......fwiw!
  9. mike d

Upgrading vintage Audio-Technica cartridge to a modern AT cart?

25 kHz is in Yoko Ono territory. Every dog you have ever known will be howling on your doorstep....including long dead ones! :rockon::)
  10. mike d

CLEANING VINYL - The AK compendium of fact, fiction and collective wisdom

Not sure about the musty cover smell but I was wondering if you have considered using sleeves from Vinyl Styl? I have used them...they are great and from what I have read are very similar to the Mo-Fi ones but a fair amount less expensive.
  11. mike d

just got a Sanyo TP-805a for $40. any info on this unit?

That's a beauty! My first turntable was a Sanyo TP-1800...a semi automatic belt drive also built by CEC. It has some similarities to yours...was packaged with a DCX 2000-K receiver. Mine had the anti skate and tracking force pre set but it was a simple, reliable and attractive table which gave...
  12. mike d

Sony PS-X6: is the VL3xG cartridge worth upgrading?

I have a Sony PS-4300 that is a close cousin to your PS-X6. It came with a red ND-134G stylus on a VL-32G cart. This was in 1980 and THAT stylus was elliptical . I substituted the green ND-133G conical stylus one time and it did not sound nearly as good. I have noticed that many after market red...
  13. mike d

Any clue what this is?? Weird Audio Technica device on YP701

Tonearm lifter of some kind?
  14. mike d

Help! Squirrel trapped in my speakers!

Yoko Ono at high volume. You may set off car alarms and every dog in the neighborhood.....even dead dogs.:rflmao::rflmao:
  15. mike d

Fleetwood Mac on PBS Tonight

Was a great show! Just can't believe 1997 was that long ago! Loved Silver Springs and Landslide. I'm So Afraid was also great.Too bad Peter Green was not there for a cameo!
  16. mike d

Technics 1210GR - Too Much Turntable?

Looks like the Genesis thingy that Khan used to blow up Reliant while reciting Melville! :)
  17. mike d

Audio Technica MG-35V

So, for the MG 35V what would be the best stylus upgrade?
  18. mike d

Hi from New Brunswick, Canada

Hey! Welcome from the Miramichi! BTW,I thought we were herring chokers, not Blue nosers! :)
  19. mike d

Bulb Replacement

Are they soldered?
  20. mike d

Unfortunate Brand Names.

"Close shave for Kuntz!" :)
  21. mike d

Unfortunate Brand Names.

Without having to go through every page, did anyone else mention hooking their 'Jonque' up to someones 'Little Pink Thing'? :)
  22. mike d

Am I the only one who can't stand Paul McGowan?

He has a nicer smile than Shane McGowan....but is voice is not as good as Larry Gowan. ;)
  23. mike d

Lloyd's 1B86 - My Thrift Store Find of the Year!

I had a Lloyds radio cassette player in Jr. High. It sounded exactly like you would expect a mono radio cassette player should but I would love to have one just like it...and all the tapes I made back then!
  24. mike d

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Twenty bucks???? With original woofers? WOW! Mine were free but the original woofers were gone. You got a great SCROE!!!! Holy dancing bananas!
Back
Top Bottom