Search results

1. Edriz

My Stereo.

Its not much I spose but it sounds incredible. Some pieces Ive had for a while, speakers forever, Turntable is somewhat new Feb.2016 and DAC is new. Anyway, there she be.
  2. Edriz

Lascala Woofer Question

Ive had my Lascalas since 1981 as many of the old timers here in AK probably already know. Ive done some extensive mods to them in the last 6-7 years to include Crites A/4500 Crossovers, Crites CT-125 Tweeters, Atlas mid drivers and I also added ported risers back in 08. My next step was maybe...
  3. Edriz

My New Flex Rack

A few weeks ago while I putting a record on the Turntable it was getting to the point that I was having a hard time as my TT wall shelf is a bit high, at eye level for me with my back issues. Someone in chat suggested making one of those Flex-Racks we been seeing lately. Sitting at my desk I...
  4. Edriz

Happy Birthday Similost

Happy Birthday friend. Hope you have many many more. See ya in chat!!:beerchug:
  5. Edriz

Pioneer PL-600 TT Issue

Not sure if this is the best forum to post this but hey, Its a Pioneer!! I have a Pioneer PL-600 Turntable, no not the belt drive black plastic one. Mine is silver, made of Aluminum, is DD and Quartz lock. The issue Im having is when I press the Start/Stop, the Tonearm travels to the correct...
  6. Edriz

Microphonics; What is it exactly?

Ive heard the term microphonics here and there, especially since getting into tubes myself. Can someone explain what this is exactly and in simple, plain English. Do those "O" rings really help and what is their purpose. Most of you who know me know that Im a decrepid ole dirt bag welder...
  7. Edriz

SpeakerLabFan knows his Vinyl!!

I just wanted to mention that I bought a few records from Dick. Dio and Rainbow to be specific. Not only did they both arrive within a few days but they were boxed right too. They both sound great and Dick sure does know how to rate. I personally think he is somewhat conservative in his rating...
  8. Edriz

Bias Settings?

I have heard two different opinions on what to set my DMM to when measuring Bias on my tube amp. Some say to use the DCA or mA as its also known and some say use the DCV settings. Id like to get some other opinions from the Tubers here. Im new to tubes and I want to be sure Im doing the...
  9. Edriz

Music Angel YC-808MK, KT88 Bias adjust

I recently bought one of these YC-808 KT88 amps and I also got the adapter sockets for bias adjustments. The adjusment Pots are inside accessable through the bottom. What Im trying to determine is, which pots adjust the power tube bias. The was no Owner or Service manual available for these...
  10. Edriz

Happy Birthday Pustelniakr

Happy Birthday Rich. Thanks again too for my "RP"-909. You are the master of Pioneer tape decks. Hope you have a great day.
  11. Edriz

Question about Sound valve VTP-100B

I just got and hooked up this Sound valve tube pre. Got it all hooked up and turned on. the manual says the RED LED comes on immediatly and will turn Green when the tubes come to operating temps. I had it on for 15-20 minutes and the LED was still Red. The manual says 2-4 minutes. I unhooked...
  12. Edriz

Headphone Recommendations

My youngest daughter, who will turn 18 the end of July wants good headphones for her BDay. She tells me she wants, you ready for this, Beats? At $300 Id think there HAS to be many others that are much better. I admit, Im not a headphone guy and never cared much for them so I know very little...
  13. Edriz

6N3 replacements

I got this lil Music Angel L4 with EL84 output tubes and 6N3 driver tubes. This being my first tube amp, I went and ordered 4 EL84M sovtecks and JAN-5670w. I swapped the original output with the EL84M and with the JAN5670W. The 84Ms are nice, really nice and a big improvement over the originals...
  14. Edriz

Thank You Emmbee

I bought a Carver C-1 pre amp from Mike last week. Got it in 4 days and he did an excellent job packing. It arrived safe and sound. The condition was just as he said. Even looks better then he described to me. The performance is just as i remembered. I had a C-1 from 1981-2010. The one I had...
  15. Edriz

Thank You Pustelniakr

After longing for one of Rich's fully restored Pioneer RT-909's, I finally was fortunate enough to finally, getting one. First, the deck looks amazing. Not a mark to be found. Coukldnt look better if it came out of the box for the first time. As for the performance, I have played a few tapes...
  16. Edriz

Pioneer PL-600 Tonearm belt

Does anyone know where i can get a belt for the tomearm on my PL-600. Don't laugh but I been using rubber bands for 3 years. Hey, they work okay just dont last very long. Im thinking its about time i get a regular belt for it. Thanx
  17. Edriz

My First Tube amp

Well, I did it, as hard as that may be to believe, I got my first tube amp. Actually, its an integrated but of course, no Owner/Service manual. Its a small amp, Music Angel L4 EL84 with 15WPC. Would anybody know where I can get the info I need to bias this amp or at least know where I can...
  18. Edriz

Denon DL-300

Im considering buying a new DL-300f which has a built in Phono EQ which is something I have no need for. Currently Im using a Carver C-4000t pre amp which has phono inpouts for both MM and MC. I dont use either as Im using a Jolida JD9 phono stage. What Im wondering is, does anyone have any...
  19. Edriz

Lascala Mid Range Horns

On my Lascalas the mid horns are metal. Has anyone experimented with wrapping the horn with some sort od Damping material? If so, what made you do it, and what was the results? I been thinking about this for a while now and got me curios. If there is a thread on this already, point me to it...
  20. Edriz

Sanyo Tonearm Issue

My Sanyo Q50 just developed a strange and new to me issue. Once i got the cue mechanism working as it should, I been using the Q50 with my Dynavector 23RS MC cart. It has been working great and sounds simply stunning. Then I noticed that some records were skipping when they never did before...
  21. Edriz

Lascala Re-Veneering Question

Actually, maybe it's not re-veneering I want to do but make the cabs 1" thick. I have a pair of Lascalas I bought new in 1981. The cabinets are 3/4" black birch. I'd like to add 1/4" to them making the cabs 1". I've read that the new Lascalas are 1" and that helps cut out the resonating. If...
  22. Edriz

Shure M-75 Replacement Stylus

I've got a Shure M-75HE-J Type II cart and stylus. I been thinking about a new stylus and was wondering if Jico has a SAS for the M-75HE. Checking the Jico site, I found a N75EJ/2 SAS. I'd like to know, how can I find out if that stylus will fit my cart. Is there a way to cross-reference this...
  23. Edriz

Celt, your the BEST

Dan knew I been wanting a good copy of Jethro Tull~Aqualung. No way was I going to spring for the anniv addition, just wanted the vinyl record. He had an extra and told me it's mine for the cost of shipping. IIRC, He shipped it either Thursday or Fryday. Got it yesterday for $8 shipping and...
  24. Edriz

Open Reel Inner Sleeves

I have a couple 10.5" open reel tapes that i got used and neither has the inner bag. Anyone know where I may be able to order some of these? Thanks Ed
  25. Edriz

RT-909 Rewind Getting Slow

First, I am a self professed Technoidiot so I'm not sure what everything is called. I put a tape on this morning and it seemed to "jump" when it started causing the deck to shut down. Like the tension "arms" are not doing what they're supposed to and the tape was slack, causing the deck to...
Back
Top Bottom