Search results

1. Paratima

What's behind your head while listening....

Pretty much the same as the OP, wall, unless slouched, then top of couch. Of course, if I don't look first, it might be Sunny, who will correct my inattention to detail!
  2. Paratima

advice needed on restoring KLH twenty fours

:lmao: They're not my speakers, so go ahead!
  3. Paratima

advice needed on restoring KLH twenty fours

Do NOT coat the cloth surrounds on the woofers. We tested it, before & after, and the results were not good. They'll play fine just the way they are. Optimum fiberglass stuffing is R-19 (or thereabout), without backing, at approximately 2 pounds per cubic foot. Gives great bass; prevents...
  4. Paratima

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

"Karma Indignias"? What's the problem? :tongue:
  5. Paratima

Placing speakers - my puzzle

Have you thought of suspending them in midair with superconducting coils and magnets?
  6. Paratima

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

golana: I used the 10" Daytons in my KLH-17 upgrade project detailed HERE. They are awesome! tsloms: If you're worried about fiberglass fibers in the air from a ported design, use Acousta-Stuf. I did, in the project linked above. 2 pounds per cubic foot.
  7. Paratima

Another pair of Advents refoamed

Opinions vary.
  8. Paratima

How Much Can My Speakers Handle?

SubWolfer, as you can see, there's a TON more to all this stuff than you suspected - more than any of us suspected when we first got into it. For example, something interesting to look at is active crossover networks and biamping for (among other advantages) increased dynamic range...
  9. Paratima

What is your Dream Speaker?

Audio-Karma EconoWaveGuide / New Large Advents Just waiting for the final bits to dry! I be rockin' tonight! :banana:
  10. Paratima

New addition to the speaker family.

You've got your work cut out for you. Looks to be worthy of a "project page" thread. Take lots of photos.
  11. Paratima

Is there something wrong with me?????

Room acoustics?
  12. Paratima

Your ears are out of phase? :lmao:
  13. Paratima

Importance of fresh capacitors in speaker crossovers.

JM55, here's a thread from the Speaker Reference Threads that might help you figure it all out. Pay special attention to the posts by BECtoo. :thmbsp: This Thread Here
  14. Paratima

Large Advents...still searching

I've got a working pair of fried-egg tweets from a pair I'm almost finished E'Waving. May have another pair soon. The NLA's I'm working on are the Utilities. OK, if you like vinyl rather than veneer. Asked a friend to check out a pair of standard walnut bullnose NLA's on CL while I was laid...
  15. Paratima

It is appreciated. I'm sorta back. :wave: Got to be more careful who I shake hands with. Been down with what my dr. calls "flu-like symptoms". Thanks a bunch, Doc. See, I'm allergic to eggs, so I can't have the shots. I depend on everyone ELSE to get their flu shots! At least, while I was...
  16. Paratima

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

Had to do that on my ZLH-17's also. Let's hear it for drum sanders and fudge factor!
  17. Paratima

According to Dickason in "Loudspeaker Design Cookbook", the optimum stuffing for an acoustic suspension (closed box) system is fiberglass at a density of 2 pounds per cubic foot. I didn't believe this at first, but after going nearly blind reading his pages and pages of measurements, I'm...
  18. Paratima

First or second order crossover for a super tweeter project?

Compared to the cost of a new speaker? :scratch2:
  19. Paratima

It is. Check the Speaker Forum Reference Threads at the top of the Speakers forum. There must be a couple hundred threads about refoaming. It's easy! :D AND, if you screw it up, another 20 bucks gets you another try.
  20. Paratima

tsloms: Your sig doesn't show where you live, but large Advents, as used in that thread, are readily available all over. Check local thrift stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army, various hospices, St. Vincent dePaul, sheriff's aid organizations... the list goes on and on. A bit of looking plus...
  21. Paratima

OH!! You meant THESE TD15M's. :eek: Duff, this should answer your question. TSLOMS: Take a looky HERE!
  22. Paratima

Oh. You shoulda said...
  23. Paratima

Td-15? Made by International Harvester, right?
  24. Paratima

Screw it, I'm going mono.

You can rest one ear while the other one's listening. :D
  25. Paratima

Thrift find!! WOOHOO!!

I gotta find a better grade of thrift store!
Back
Top Bottom