Search results

1. jedi924

burstein-applebee 1501 info?

And one more of the cross-over.
  2. jedi924

Here are some pics of the drivers. I was able to get the midrange on the one speaker working, it turns out the wires were just loose.
  3. jedi924

I'll probably open them up tonight. I'll get some pics up here as soon as I do. The goodwill that I got these from had a second pair, I may go back and pick them up on my lunch break. I would have gotten them last night, but I couldn't fit all four of them in my car.
  4. jedi924

They sound fairly good, better than my current setup. The midrange horn on one of them is a little soft, so I think I may need to do a bit of work to get it working properly again.
  5. jedi924

I picked up these from a thrift store today, and I've been trying to find some info on them. Sadly I haven't found anything at all. Anyone here know anything about this things? Also, for some reason whoever owned these things decided to replace the normal fabric with black velvet. :screwy:
  6. jedi924

Pics of your listening space

I changed my setup a bit. I was really surprised how well the Bose 301s and the Insignias sounded together.
  7. jedi924

Hearing Test - Be honest!

Ha ha! 22 kHz baby! Honestly I'm surprised I could hear that far. I guess I've taken good care of my ears :)
  8. jedi924

Can anyone advise on a Denon DP-300F?

I got one about a couple moths ago, and so far its been really good to me. :) (By the way, thanks jleon92f. Your write up helped convince me to go with it)
  9. jedi924

Pics of your listening space

Here's my system. Not much, but I'm pretty happy considering I just started in vintage audio over the summer. And my turntable that sits on the chest of drawers next to the other stuff. Not vintage, but I'm still happy with it.
  10. jedi924

Best speakers with bottom end punch?

The Realistic Mach Ones are good loud rock speakers. And if you want bass its tough to beat their 15 inch woofers (well, I guess a good sub could beat them).
  11. jedi924

I Need New Speakers!

I agree with sealy and MunkeyQ, refoam those suckers. It's really not that hard to do, I recently just did my first refoam, and apart from being a bit messy, it wasn't hard at all.
  12. jedi924

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Yep, though it doesn't work too well with the cassettes in their cases. Might as well post a picture of my other tape deck. :) It's not as nice, but it still makes a great second tape player
  13. jedi924

Anyone recognize these?

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on these. I was hopping they would be something better. Oh well.
  14. jedi924

Anyone recognize these?

Well, I just called and were told that they are Welton S6C-R. I need to do some quick research and see if they are any good.
  15. jedi924

Anyone recognize these?

Does anyone know what speakers these are? http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/ele/947572039.html
  16. jedi924

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Here's my TEAC 450.
  17. jedi924

My Less Than $500 TT is on it's way!

I know, its weird. I went into a Best Buy yesterday and found out that they have started carrying vinyl again.:eek:
  18. jedi924

My Goodwill Find!

Here's some more pictures. :D The slip of paper was attached to the plastic warping up the tape deck when I bought it, maybe its a repair slip or an invoice :dunno:. The paper ( along with the condition of the player, make me wonder how much this thing has been used, maybe it's unused :banana:
  19. jedi924

My Goodwill Find!

So far I really happy with the way it sounds. All I've listened to are prerecorded tapes, so I need to make some recordings and hear how they sound. But even with the prerecord stuff I've been surprised how clear the sound is.
  20. jedi924

My Goodwill Find!

Just got mt belt! I'm gonna put it in here in a little bit. I hope it sounds good.
  21. jedi924

Advent Speakers.

Wow, those look familiar. I've got the 2-way versions of those. Honestly you can do a lot better. Those were budget speakers from the mid to late 90s. If they are anything like mine, then they will sound OK but not great. You can do better for the money.
  22. jedi924

My Goodwill Find!

I got mine from Vintage-Electronics. They seem to have a pretty good selection, so I bet you can find what you need.
  23. jedi924

My Goodwill Find!

I ordered my belt this morning. I can't wait to get it and give this thing a listen.
  24. jedi924

My Goodwill Find!

I paid $20 for it. Pretty good price if you ask me.:D I found a few places that sale the belts, I've just got to order one and figure out how to put it on.
  25. jedi924

My Goodwill Find!

This morning I decided to take trip to Goodwill. I figured I wouldn't find anything, but I seemed to have gotten lucky. I went back to the electronics section and found a gorgeous old TEAC 450 tape deck. This thing is in amazing shape. It looks like it has barely been used. Unfortunately I...
Back
Top Bottom