Search results

1. Dylanl

Technics 5760 need help...

Did any other technics models share this board? Also did technics ever publish the inductor values?
  2. Dylanl

There is a donor unit on Ebay, just not sure if its worth the investment of 300. Seller doesn’t know if the FM board is good and he’s not willing to unpack it. I was told this unit is a rare unit because its an “a” version
  3. Dylanl

The tech that I hired, I believe its beyond his capabilities. He said that someone prior to Him tried to fix it and turned many things and broke it. He also said its way our of “wack” I would really like to get this unit working.
  4. Dylanl

Is there anyone on this forum that specializes in these units? Or is there someone that has experience repairing/ working on them? The unit needs some work on the FM board it looks like someone tampered with it in the past. Please contact me. Thank you
  5. Dylanl

My new PL's with cabinets, Now started on the 700B repair.

Here are mine they are original Pheonix audio has a lot of good upgrades for these
  6. Dylanl

Technics SA-5760a

I recently stumbled upon this beast of a receiver. The transformer in this is gigantic !!!! The only thing I know from the seller is that it was brought over from Europe and this is an “A” version. It seems with the 5760s that I’ve seen the tuning numbers are white and not like this one. Anyone...
  7. Dylanl

Squeeze Box touch vs True DAC?

So i bought a squeezebox years and converted my CDs to FLAC and placed them on an external hard drive. Would I see a large improvement in adding true DAC to my system? I just cant seem to get a grasp on this... does the Dac also work by wi-fi or is the link direct ( cable ) from the external...
  8. Dylanl

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

So just bought a Kenwood ka-9100 and here are the readings. the left channel -129mV DC that needs adjusted? I was able to adjust the bias both right and left inside. Why woukd that have drifted so far off?
  9. Dylanl

Pilot 245A...

Wow looks nice, i would like to get this recapped and biased. Gordon, do you do that work?
  10. Dylanl

Pilot 245A...

Any thoughts from the Pilot crew? Should it stay stock or look for upgrades?
  11. Dylanl

Pilot 245A...

I recently acquired a pilot 245A. I've had other integrated tubes units before but I always seem to like the pilot models. The unit is stock and seems to run very well, just wondering if there someone on the forum that specializes with working on these. What is the overall opinion of this...
  12. Dylanl

Dayton Capacitors for Speaker crossover?

I wondered if anyone has a build list of parts for this crossover?
  13. Dylanl

Dayton Capacitors for Speaker crossover?

I have an older set of Sansui Sp300 speakers I want to refresh. Would the Dayton caps be OK to use and I would need to replace only the caps right the cross over inductors don't go bad do they? Thanks
  14. Dylanl

Optonica semi conductors stk0700II ???

Had anyone swap these out Before ? There are (2) Does anyone know where to find these from a reputable source?
  15. Dylanl

Pioneer SX950 - Plastic Clips to hold circuit boards inside receiver?

many of the plastic clips that hold the board secure are broke can these be purchased? If not what can be used to hold the internal boards secure
  16. Dylanl

JBL LE14A Woofer foam and thin gasket?

Found them, Thx Lansing Forum
  17. Dylanl

JBL LE14A Woofer foam and thin gasket?

Who makes the best kit for this speaker? Does anyone make the small rubber gasket that sits on top of the foam? Thanks
  18. Dylanl

Optonica Sa-5406 Distortion in one channel

Could possibly be a filter?
  19. Dylanl

Basically, what is happening, in either A or B channels, the right channel is constantly distorted mostly in the lower frequencies. It sounds buzzy and muffled. All switches have been deoxed and thoroughly cleaned. Could this be the output terminals, faulty volume pot, maybe a burnt out cap...
  20. Dylanl

Thank you for the link. Any idea what causes the distortion in one channel?
  21. Dylanl

After a thorough cleaning, I really like the unit just would like to fix the distortion
  22. Dylanl

Bought this unit for 100.00 from craigslist and was told everything was working well. Come to find out that the ones channel has a Buzz about it once the volume is turned up. Would a Capacitor refresh take care of this? Also anyone know where I can get a hold of schematics on this unit? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom