Search results

1. mmickk

Extreme tow-in for waveguides.. ??

I watched this video and was wondering if anyone has tried this? I have not yet but am going to try it with my JBL studio 530s. As they sit now, one speaker is very near a wall but the other is open to its side. I have them towed in to my listening position but have never tried what is suggested...
  2. mmickk

TV picture quality event...then gone?

The TV is a Sharp LC-55ub30u that My Brother gave me. It has been working fine with very good picture quality. However last night I turned the unit on to find a very obvious degradation in PQ. It was like a serious "screen-door" effect with muted color and reduced brightness. Then, this morning...
  3. mmickk

Am I missing something here..

I like the trend of electric bicycles to a point and can see why some of them would be considered of some value, especially in urban ares. But I don't see why anyone would buy this unit if it will be priced at over $13,000. For that you have a large choice of true motorcycles. What do you all...
  4. mmickk

new Cambridge offerings..

Saw this about what looks to be very affordable gear from Cambridge. Have never had any of their stuff but looks interesting. https://newatlas.com/cambridge-audio-ax-series/60025/
  5. mmickk

tech info for tinnitus sufferers..

https://newatlas.com/tinnitus-cure-treatment-headset/52854/ I know some here have talked about suffering from tinnitus.. Interesting article on possible tech help.
  6. mmickk

Doing everything wrong! ..But..

It all started when I decided that my SDA-2b's just don't work well in the new small living area they are now relegated to. I have decided that I am going to probably sell them and try something else in that area. The present setup is in a room the is just under 10' wide and 14+ feet long. They...
  7. mmickk

Never thought I would ask... But

I would like some opinions from those who might have listened to two speakers. I have a pair of Polk SDA 2bs that I have been using for quite a few years now. However after moving to a much smaller place I have come to the conclusion that these are just not happy here. They sounded great in my...
  8. mmickk

new toy

I have not picked up anything for a project in a very long time. This 2010 belonged to the daughter of a friend who had bought it for her when she graduated from HS. She drove it for collage and work and put quite a few miles on it so it had some cosmetic issues, dings, scrapes etc. The worst...
  9. mmickk

The Tefifon

The longer I hang around audio sites the more I realize I had not seen the half of it all. I saw this on another site. A vintage piece that looks like a mix of phonograph and 8 track. Has anyone here ever seen this in action...
  10. mmickk

The Father of stereo

http://www.cnet.com/news/meet-alan-blumlein-the-man-who-invented-stereo/ Interesting article on Alan Blumlein.
  11. mmickk

Infinity Model ?

I figure this will be an easy ID for someone here. Are they worth getting? Owner wants $60 for the set. Thanks Everyone..
Back
Top Bottom