Search results

1. RT Fan

Malibu Mansion Stereo

Anyone see this in the Daily Mail? The house is being sold furnished, I wonder if the stereo comes with it? Is that a turntable or a deep sea crab?
  2. RT Fan

PIONEER SX-6 & HPM-500 owner’s manuals

Is there a Pioneer archivist here on the AK Pioneer forum? If so I will gladly donate these manuals or send them to a member who would like them for free. Otherwise I will post them in Bartertown for free as well. The SX-6 has the schematic diagram as well as the unmolested station cards and...
  3. RT Fan

Christine McVie Passes away @ 79

Just coming across the tape, after a short illness. RIP.
  4. RT Fan

My First Streaming Attempt

Hello, my name is RT FAN and I am a first time streamer. Now some of you folks have serious dedicated streaming set ups, so no laughing as I dip my toes into uncharted waters. First let me say I am a dedicated cd fan and have several thousand to choose from. It was only recently that my wife and...
  5. RT Fan

C-26 Ground Screw Post

So I was hooking my turntable to my C-26pre-amp after moving it. I noticed the screw holding the crown/clamp & knurl, just found out that name today, was extremely tight. Apparently it was threaded incorrectly and now the screw was bent. Of course while attempting to extricate the screw it...
  6. RT Fan

LLOYD PRICE ROCK & ROLL PIONEER PASSES AWAY

Just hit the tape, Lloyd Price passed away this week from complications related to diabetes. Known for Lawdy Miss Clawdy and of course Stagger Lee. Nice write up on him posted on Breitbart. RIP...
  7. RT Fan

Recommend Wireless Streamer For Stereo Receiver

I am more confused than ever after reading the many threads here on wireless streamers for analog equipment. Here is the situation: I gave my nephew and his wife an Onkyo receiver a Denon CDP and a pair of KEF bookshelf speakers. A nice little rig. What would you folks recommend for me to buy...
  8. RT Fan

THEME SONG FOR 2020

In what has to one of the strangest years in my life I was thinking given all the turmoil, trauma, etc, this year needs a soundtrack. Therefore I nominate “Nobody Told Me” by John Lennon. Because nobody told me there be days like this.. most peculiar momma....
  9. RT Fan

JUDY DYBLE RIP.

Judy Dyble, the female vocalist on Fairport Convention’s debut album has passed away following a battle with lung cancer. After leaving Fairport she formed Trader Horne and then did sessions with Giles, Giles and Fripp before they formed King Crimson. Another loss for the world of music...
  10. RT Fan

I. Neil Peart of Rush passes Away at 67

Brain Cancer kills acclaimed drummer @ 67. Lousy way to start out 2020. https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/neil-peart-obit-1.5422806
  11. RT Fan

THE COMING DEATH OF ROCK LEGENDS.

An interesting article from Damon Linker posted in "The Week". Addressing the impending deaths of the last great rock stars as well as our own mortality. Somehow appropriate for me as I am turning 60 this month. A nice quick read...
  12. RT Fan

THE PGA at BETHPAGE BLACK

Brooks Koepka gave Molinari & Tiger 4 shots a side and STILL beat them, 7 under to 2 over. That is an old fashioned beating. The rest of the field better get a move on and quickly. Considering how tough this track is, 4 par 4s over 500 yards, a 63 is very impressive. Should be a great weekend.
  13. RT Fan

IRA GITLER RIP. JAZZ CRITIC AND HISTORIAN.

One hell of a career for Mr. Gitler, thank you for all of your contributions to Jazz, the great American art form. RIP. As an aside, my wife's old boss played hockey on Gitler's Gorillas, the amatuer hockey team he sponsored! https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/obituaries/ira-gitler-dead.html
  14. RT Fan

I FINALLY SOLD SOMETHING!

Will wonders ever cease? Like most of the folks here, I get attached to the gear I own and am reluctant to part with it. However a guy in my office came to me about a Turntable his father had given him and asked my advice about getting into the vinyl game. He asked if I had some gear I would...
  15. RT Fan

Martin Allcock R.I.P

It was very disheartening to read about the death of multi-instrumentalist Martin "Maart" Allcock. Veteran guitar player with Fairport Convention, Keyboard player for Jethro Tull and session player extrodinaire for names such as Robert Plant & Yuseef lsam, a/k/a Cat Stevens, Ralph McTell, etc...
  16. RT Fan

I AM BACK IN THE VINYL GAME

After a prolonged period with no working TT's I finally got around to having my 2 Dual TT"s brought back to life. I had a 505/2 that I purchased 30 years ago which I thought would be my last TT, bought together with my first CD player which long ago bit the dust. The other TT was a Dual 5000...
  17. RT Fan

MUSICIANS WE LOST 2017

I did not see one, but it seems like it is time to mention all of the music industry people we have lost in 2017. I thought 2016 was bad, but 2017 kept pace. Here is an interesting article my wife sent me, so I thought I would post it here...
  18. RT Fan

BBC Article on GZ Media Vinyl Producer

Who knew Prague was the capital of vinyl production? Certainly not me, good article. http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41747615
  19. RT Fan

FATS DOMINO RIP

The great Fats has passed on. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/fats-domino-dead-rock-legend-age-89-new-orleans-tributes-blueberry-hill-music-latest-a8019341.html
  20. RT Fan

Isn't that a Harman Kardon?

A HK receiver? With the lovely Emily Ratakowski. Delete if anyone is offended.
  21. RT Fan

IPAD MINI TO OPTICAL INPUT

Some background: I currently have my Ipad Mini connected to my stereo via the Lightning connection to a USB input (48K/16 Bit) on the front of my Rotel RA-12 Int Amp, that I use as my pre-amp. If I read the owner's manual correctly this does not employ the built in DAC in the Rotel. But uses the...
  22. RT Fan

LEE MORGAN DOCUMENTARY

Came across this in the Village Voice, I wasn't aware of it. http://www.villagevoice.com/film/a-new-documentary-explores-the-wild-life-and-tragic-death-of-lee-morgan-9794149
  23. RT Fan

Which "New Wave" band's material has aged the best?

So I was listening to one of my college years mixed tracklists, this one focused on the New Wave groups, i.e. Blondie, Police, Cars, etc and found while still enjoyable some of the music hadn't aged quite as well as others. The Ramones, to me, are married to the period where they were at the...
  24. RT Fan

What's Cooking for the 4th?

Hosting the wife's family this weekend, an annual tradition. tonight only 2 guests so we will be doing a quick lobster boil with some Little Neck Clams & grilled fresh Keilbasa, served with some Cali Chardonnay for the whole butter/lemon thing. Tomorrow night will be Korean style BBQ chicken...
  25. RT Fan

ALBUM COVERS BY FAMOUS ARTISTS

I came across this article on the website "Mental Floss", not sure if anyone had seen it, but I found it interesting. There are 3 additional mentions in the letters to the editor. Even I who know very little about "art" heard of half of these artists...
Back
Top Bottom