Search results

1. 313guy

March Madness - College Basketball 2024

Only 8 in so far.
  2. 313guy

Storing Records In Order

Nope. You lost me. If Tony Bennet is in T, wouldn't Miles Davis be in the M's?
  3. 313guy

Storing Records In Order

I go Alpha by first letter of artist's last name or band name minus whichever article they use{ The, A, An, etc). Compilations and soundtracks are considered "Various Artists" and oddly I have always placed them all in the V section. Rock/Pop, Jazz, and Classical are separated. Blues goes...
  4. 313guy

Storing Records In Order

So A Flock of Seagulls would be A, but if they had named themselves The Flock of Seagulls it would be F.
  5. 313guy

They couldn't knock the Boilermakers out of the tournament. That would have sealed their bid for the big dance. The "Bracketologists" think they are still safe with the loss, but It may depend on if somebody grabs an automatic bid via a conference tournament win.
  6. 313guy

Duke losing is always a good day. I was watching Duke playing...somebody a few years ago. My son came over and asked why I was watching that game. I said if Michigan or Sparty aren't on, I root for whoever is playing Duke. He sat down and watched with me and within minutes Grayson Allen...
  7. 313guy

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

I say ditch the TimeFrames and buy my SDA/SRS's for the TV room. The 18" passives have made me physically ill if I sat too close to it with the wrong program material. You need more backups for the meditation room. It's not that I just want them out of my home office or anything.
  8. 313guy

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I was getting ready to send a group message to folks who have played the March Madness over on the sports zone. I notice member phatster, who used to participate and post often in the NCAA basketball discussions has not been seen since 2022. Anyone know @phatster in real life?
  9. 313guy

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

I voted for Mystic for years. Then I switched to Heather and Mystic won. Then I stopped voting. Looks like another winning formula. Congrats Heather from a (former) loyal supporter. Much deserved and overdue as well.
  10. 313guy

A couple important dates for those thinking about getting in on the Madness. March 17 (This Sunday) is Selection Sunday. Brackets go live and you can make your picks. March 21 Games begin and once the ball is tipped in the first game, the brackets lock and you are stuck with you picks...
  11. 313guy

I reactivated the Bracket Game from last year. Everyone who played will get an email invitation. For anyone else interested, here is the link: https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/mens-basketball-bracket/group/11045/invitation?key=cbb40e480665cf92 Right now I am guaranteed a win...
  12. 313guy

Glad to see this Darcy. College hoops around here has been kind of dismal in my state. Michigan is in last place in the B1G and Sparty is in the middle of the pack. Looks like all my Kool Aid goes into the Purdue bucket...or boiler, whatever. It will be a fitting tribute to my dear friend...
  13. 313guy

Scuzzer is no longer with us.

His Obituary has been updated. https://www.abplace-funeral-cremation.com/obituaries/Gary-Sweeden/#!/Obituary I recently learned that Gary's wife Becky passed away last weekend. Becky's sister sent me this link last night.
  14. 313guy

Should have thought of that. Thanks. Not sure which is preferred. Neither has much detail. Scuzzer's obituary Legacy link
  15. 313guy

What a fine tribute, Ken. I feel the same way. He helped me guzzle the B1G Koolaid every year.
  16. 313guy

Scuzzer was not very active here in recent years, but I stayed in touch with him via text and phone. Until this year he was still in the Fantasy Football league that originated here. I had not heard from him since August and played phone/text tag with his wife a couple of times trying to check...
  17. 313guy

Fantasy Football anyone?

No activity in the thread, but the league goes on. The late Kegger was the commissioner at the time of his passing and now the league is named for him. There is an opening if anyone can hop in. Our commissioner posted in the fantasy sub-forum...
  18. 313guy

Happy Birthday 313guy!

Thanks for the warm wishes. It was not your (or my) typical birthday. 313gal had cataract surgery at 06:40, so in spite of having the day off, it was not quite a vacation. She gets the second eye done in two weeks...on her birthday!!
  19. 313guy

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

The little strips are also found on some Design Acoustics speakers. (Link to AK thread with little strips) Now I have to take a trip down the rabbit hole to see if there is a connection there. (I own a pair of D8's).
  20. 313guy

NCAA Men's Basketball

This year's AK bracket is actually over already. For the first time I can recall, nobody has a team in the final four. That means nobody can add any points to their current tally and our winner is Alan. Congrats on navigating the Maddest March ever.
  21. 313guy

NCAA Men's Basketball

I thought I had an ingenious strategy by not taking any #1 seeds to the Final Four. The flaw was not picking the actual winners. As with my Fantasy Football mantra, you just don't know. That said, there have been some really entertaining games this year, regardless of the teams and outcomes.
  22. 313guy

NCAA Men's Basketball

Glad you are okay, Roger. Your absence concerned me.
  23. 313guy

NCAA Men's Basketball

I don't remember a first round with as much craziness as this year's tournament. I know a Purdue alum is in our game and though he did not pick the Boilermakers to win it all, he is certainly crying in his beer tonight.
  24. 313guy

NCAA Men's Basketball

Yeah, with Michigan not in it, I found myself guessing wildly and shying away from the B1G more than usual. Hopefully it pays off, since research and thinking I knew something has failed in the past. I think your "Lots of guessing" model is the winner. We shall see...
  25. 313guy

NCAA Men's Basketball

Audiokarma Madness is the name of the group. https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/mens-basketball-bracket/group/5993/invitation?key=7d20d9c1bc856a03 Is anyone else having difficulty with ^^this^^ link? Ken, you should have also gotten an email sent to the address you used last year...
Back
Top Bottom