Search results

1. oldskl

My cat is gone. What happened?

last week I noticed that my 14 year old cat Sly was not himself and looked like he had lost some weight, so Friday I took him to our vet that we have used for 20 plus years. While at the vet he was active and wanting to explore the room and purring loudly while I held him to keep him from...
  2. oldskl

Bliss

DSOM side 2 -- M91ed with original stylus -- SL 1700 -- Adcom GTP500 -- Carver M1.0t -- KEF 103/3's -- my ears :yes:
  3. oldskl

M95ed bad channel?

Hey guys, I recently scored a SL 1700 that came with a M 95ed cartridge the stylus was toast so I Bought a new one from ED Saunders. the problem is that the right channel is very low and has a hum to it. I have checked all the wires on the head shell and they are all ok. Is it possible that...
  4. oldskl

Jbl woofer project

Hey guys, I have 4 jbl csb5003 5 1/2 woofers from a control 5 subwoofer and would like to use them in a project. Does anyone have any info on these? Like freq. response and eclosure recommendations. Thanks.
  5. oldskl

Craigslist question

I posted some speakers on CL and I did not put my Phone number in the ad. Within an hour of the posting I received a text from someone interested. How did they get my number? By the way the wording in the text was weird like a scam.
  6. oldskl

Micro acoustics ?

Micro acoustics cartridge question I scored a KD 2055 today and it came with a MC 282. The needle was a little askew and I straightened it out the best I could by eye. The out put is lower than other cartridges that I have so I have to turn up my amp more to reach normal listening levels for...
  7. oldskl

Storing gear in the cold

I just purchased a nice shed to store some things in. some of the stuff I want to store is some audio gear. Nothing great just some speakers and a few turntables and receivers. I was just wondering how the cold will affect the gear. by the way I live in KY and the temps get below zero.
  8. oldskl

To hell with it then

So I have 2 pairs of pretty decent speakers. They are Kef 103/3,s and BA T930,s. I cant get either pair to give a good center image or sound stage, It is always low and to the left. And yes I have checked everything and all seem to be ok. The other day I bought a pair of Bose 141,s for 10...
  9. oldskl

Its been a tough year.

I was sick with pancriatis for 4 weeeks in January and February, Lost my 53 year old sister to pneumonia in March and now my mom is in a Hosperus center waiting to pass. The loss of my sister was too much for her and she slowly declined mentally and physaclly.
  10. oldskl

sta-95 help with diagnosis

First off let me say that know nothing about amp repair. Now, with that said I have a STA 95 that has a scratchy right channel and from a few things I have read it sounds like transistor. Heres the odd thing, if I spray the amp board with contact cleaner it seems that cold from the cleaner makes...
  11. oldskl

sudden scratchy channel

Hey guys, I picked up a Realistsc STA 95 over the weekend. I cleaned it up includung the switches and pots. I listened to it for a while and then suddnely the right channel got real scratchy and low in volume. I cleaned the pots some more but that did not fix the problem. Any clues as to what...
  12. oldskl

kg 2.5 tweeters

Does anybody know where I can get a pair of K-86-K compression drivers for my kg 2.5 speakers.
  13. oldskl

legal questions

Hello all. My brother got arrsested last Thursday and spent the weekend at the county detenton center. All of the charges are misdeamenors, two have been merged and one is pending with a 250 dollar bond. Tomorrow he is due in court and I plan to be there but I dont know what to expect. Will I be...
  14. oldskl

Akal x201d question

I recently got an akai x201d and it works great. I have a question though, it has a reverse feature but I cant figure out why. It doesnt record in reverse mode and when I play it in reverse it just plays the music backwards. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.
  15. oldskl

The Family

Not good, very slow.
  16. oldskl

AK Indignia VS pioneer BS22lr

If some one has both I would be curious to here how they compare.
  17. oldskl

saw Leonard Cohen last night.

The venue was at the Palace theater downtown Louisville. I thought the show was great and my wife thought it was just ok but my musical tastes are more eclectic than hers. A few observations from the show. The guy moves around really good for being in his 80's and Sharon Robinson who sang one...
  18. oldskl

Tom Petty were are the tickets

I am looking for tickets on line for Tom Petty at the ford center in Evansville Ind. The only tickets available are in the nose bleeds. Where do the good tickets go so fast?
  19. oldskl

Neal Young at United center

In October I am going to see Neal Young at the Chicago United center. What can I expect. We will be staying about 1/2 mile from the center. Our tickets are in the 200 section. If anyone has experience with the united center i would like to here it.
  20. oldskl

3.99 album frames

Micheals has album frames in sale for 3.99 right now.
  21. oldskl

peel and stick veneer

Has anyone out there in DIY land ever used Band IT peel and stick veneer for there projects?
  22. oldskl

Dan Wheldon gone

RIP Dan Wheldon.
  23. oldskl

E-WAVE badges

Does anyone know the status of the badges? I still have not received mine.
  24. oldskl

Scratch one off of the bucket list-Steely Dan

Saw them last night at the Palace Theater in Louisville. It was GREAT. Now I have to see Los Lobos, Tom Petty, an Neal Young.
  25. oldskl

JBL 8140 co motion apeaker?

Does anyone know anything about these speakers. They are for use in ceiling applications and are fullrange. I can get some for cheap and was wondering if they will be worth messing with. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom