Search results

1. T

Decware

Who cares about all that. The forum topic is Decware amps for Cornwall speakers. I'm sure a similar set up would offer some insight into other amps and speakers, but you haven't offered anything but negative assumptions based on a Violin listening test. It is best if you offer your own listening...
  2. T

Decware

That is very helpful. Do you have a preference between SET and Ultralinear with the Cornwalls ?
  3. T

Promethius Audio products

Does any one have experience with products and service from Promethius Audio ? They do make a line of tube amps including Single Ended Triodes. The quality and descriptions look good, but I cannot find any customer feedback on their products.
  4. T

Decware

Based on your experience, what would be the ideal range in watts per channel for the Cornwall IIIs ?
  5. T

Decware

Another brand to consider is Amps and Sound. They make a very good sounding integrated amp. I've been looking around myself for Klipsch Forte III amplification.
  6. T

Decware

Sadly you haven't heard them in order to have a decent opinion.
  7. T

Deciding what caps to use

You did not mention what a "737" is, except for solid state. But I would say for any solid state re-cap, don't be afraid to use a few Elna Silmic electrolytics. They are top quality for sound quality. I've used some myself with good results. I got the idea from a capacitor test where the...
  8. T

How to tame brightness?

This brings to mind the opposite. One of the most enjoyable speakers I've listened to is the medium to large sized McIntosh. Lots of tweeters but not bright and annoying. Retail price is rather high like most of their products, but first class quality.
  9. T

How to tame brightness?

Maybe not the "easiest", but get some other speakers to try before you part with yours. If the other speakers are also bright in the same way, there is most likely something else in the system causing the brightness. The amplifier-speaker match is a common culprit. But if the different speakers...
  10. T

Dealers and Modifications

Has anyone out there had any dealings with Mauimods in Las Vegas Nevada? I would like to know good or bad before sending a component for modification.
Back
Top Bottom