Search results

1. roadrider100

SMAC at AXPONA?

DC we are going and will be driving this year have a car full but the trunk is huge
  2. roadrider100

SMAC October 2015

There are no cold solder joints I have corrected the loose fitting socket just sloppy females
  3. roadrider100

SMAC October 2015

Yes Ian 's tubes had thicker pins on one side it's a bummer that the last pair had an issue however I tightened the pin socket and now has a firm seating
  4. roadrider100

SMAC October 2015

That was the end of tube swapping the Shuggies that malfunction ended the comparison effert so yes only two sets were swapped out, clearly a somewhat risky indever doing tube swapping with 300B's
  5. roadrider100

SMAC October 2015

We Finnish the session with the Sofiea tubes put in the Treasure hifi's and no sound from one of them switched sides same result, truly a bummer but we put my treasures back in and the day went forward to the evening like 10pm so all is back to normal with the kit. Ian sure was dissapointed with...
  6. roadrider100

SMAC October 2015

Photos
  7. roadrider100

SMAC October 2015

Thanks to everyone for such a happening meet Carol enjoyed serving up a meal all to partake in. The Sofiea Royal princess tube made an impressive difference.
  8. roadrider100

SMAC turns ten.

Hi guys, I'll be there wouldn't want to miss this one. :music:
  9. roadrider100

SMAC December 2014

Yes they all sounded nice, the speakers are from Decware their HDT's DIY build and incorporate the same drivers as their NFX cabinet I had been using.
  10. roadrider100

SMAC December 2014

Thank you Don for that nice photo, thank you John for your help with the food prep, thank you Jim for your help with the clean up, Dennis thanks for the informative DVD, and thanks to all the SMAC boy that came out from near and far, great to have a house full of happy folks. I really appreciate...
  11. roadrider100

SMAC October 2014

Thanks to: Jeff, Rob, George, Dennis, Dave, Chris, Shelby, John, and Dale for making it out for an excellent listening event/meet.
  12. roadrider100

SMAC October 2014

Hi everyone. Please chime in as Carol is picking up the food for the meet. I would like to have some sort of head count. Thanks Ken G.
  13. roadrider100

SMAC August 2014

I should be there missed a few meets and will enjoy getting out to A2
  14. roadrider100

SMAC May 2014

Thanks for the wonderful time great music, food and friends, who could ask for more. The band was just fantastic, thanks again Jim and Jaylene.
  15. roadrider100

SMAC April 2014

Thanks Don for a wonderful time. Thanks Stephen for keeping us well feed with some very good foods, and I for one enjoyed seeing everyone, what a woot.
  16. roadrider100

SMAC April 2014

I'll be there Don, should I bring anything? Also it's Record Store Day so I might be a little late.
  17. roadrider100

Neil Young's Live at the Cellar Door pressing issue

And after vinylrob did the aggressive clean on mine it sounded great too, so there must be some flashing on top of the wall ^ that needs to be broke free and removed. Good to hear the success stories with this problem.
  18. roadrider100

SMAC February 2014

Thanks guy's for making February's meet a success, and enjoyed yourself with the music, friends, food, and drink. Haven't seen some of you in a long time and always enjoy your company, thanks for coming out. Ken
  19. roadrider100

SMAC February 2014

Hey folks need to know who's coming out for the meet, chime in and help me out here.
  20. roadrider100

SMAC February 2014

Your more then welcome to bring a box of LP's to turn, but I haven't that much room for a cleaning session, or the time it would take. Sorry Dave we have to clean our own dirty laundry or have the wife do it. The idea is to pull out some records and discuss the grading method and get in the...
  21. roadrider100

SMAC February 2014

A record grading poll/lesson will be good for everyone that would like to understand what to ask and look for in used records. We all have been disappointed on some of our online buying of so called VG+/ NM /M-, record buys.
  22. roadrider100

Thank you 1tumbleweed, I have been to a pressing plant in Cleveland (Gotagroove records) and seen the process very cool, they can churn out some good stuff, the ELP Tarkus on 180g is where that one came from.
  23. roadrider100

We all have had good and bad pressings over the years, but what bothers me is what a manufacture will let go , or get away with for the almighty dollar, honesty is the best practice, own up and get right. Sandbar92; I never heard the term "non fill" what does that sound like? Educate me please!
  24. roadrider100

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Joanne Shaw Taylor / Diamonds in the dirt, vinyl LP John Mayall / Jazz Blues Fusion, first UK pressing
  25. roadrider100

Just got the latest release of Neil Young Live at the Cellar Door, and have an issue with this pressing. Here's the deal, started play and liking what I was hearing, then crunch :tears: track 6, on side 1, the stylus jumped badly, inspected the record and found a defect :sigh:. Sent it back and...
Back
Top Bottom