Search results

1. vanquishfist

Technics RS-M14 sound going in and out

This was so long ago I honestly can't remember. I still have the deck but haven't used it in years. Did you ever figure it out?
  2. vanquishfist

tubecube 7 upgrade?

Holy thread resurrection I know, but I recently picked one up secondhand and made a harness to use headphones with it. I just put some banana plugs on four speaker wires, added a 7.5 ohm resistor in parallel on each side, and then wired that too a headphone jack from an extra adapter I had...
  3. vanquishfist

Hooking up headphones to TubeCube 7

Thank you! This will be super helpful! Any time I did a Google search regarding this nothing useful like this came up.
  4. vanquishfist

The seller is only asking $100 for it, so I thought it would be nice if I mainly want to use it for headphones but also have the versatility to hook up a set of speaks to it if I wanted too.
  5. vanquishfist

Looking to pick up a TubeCube 7 from OfferUp and I would like to use it as a headphone amp. What would I have to do to us connect my Sennheiser HD-280s to the speaker taps? Can I hook them straight up or do I need resistors?
  6. vanquishfist

Used Willsenton R-800i $900, great deal?

Just saw one of these for sale in my area for $900, I figure this is a good deal considering they are between 2-3k new. Should I jump on it?
  7. vanquishfist

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

Just curious if JigsawC5 is still out there and how it worked out for him buying an openbox amp? Did you ever get it and how did it look and sound?
  8. vanquishfist

Reisong A10 with 50 hours for $375, what should I offer?

Hello all, there is a Reisong A10 tube amp for sale in my area. The seller says he is moving and needs to sell quick. It is the Amazon version and has the original tubes with about 50 hours. I don't know how long ago he bought it. He also told me I can come and audition it beforehand...
  9. vanquishfist

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

That's what I'm thinking too. He told me it only has about 50 hours on it with the original tubes, didn't say how long ago it was purchased. Didn't sound like there were a lot of people beating down his door for it so I may try to shoot an offer, if he really needs to get rid of it soon before...
  10. vanquishfist

Hey everyone, one of these just showed up on OfferUp near me supposed to be the Amazon version for $375. The seller says he is moving and has 3 other systems and can't keep them all. The Amazon one is $450 new right now and there are used running 380-400 as well. To me it seems a bit high but...
  11. vanquishfist

Minimus 7 Loudspeakers - Measurements

I agree with drumdude, the M7's are nice little speakers, but I think they would have a hard time cutting through a band. It would depend on how loud your semi-acoustic trio gets.:D I'm glad this thread is still getting attention, I still need to finish the aesthetics of mine now.
  12. vanquishfist

Room Treatment Calculation Guide

Thanks for the reply, that will help a lot. There will be multiple instruments recorded in the room, so looks like I'll need variable options. I mainly play drums myself, but the room will be used for guitars and vocals as well. The reversible panels is a really good idea.:thmbsp: Thanks for...
  13. vanquishfist

Room Treatment Calculation Guide

What's a good RT60 to shoot for in a recording studio? I'm working on a recording room in a friend's basement and would like to get it sounding as good as possible for our band recordings. Thanks!:)
  14. vanquishfist

Lets See All Them Axes

Oh yes it does count. That's on my list of someday projects...:yes: Also @ Highwaystar's Custom 24...:drool:
  15. vanquishfist

Wish I could help you Pete but all the tweets I have still work.:D
  16. vanquishfist

I know really. I'm not opening the thing up again unless it stops working.:yes:
  17. vanquishfist

Fixed, hopefully... Well I ended up taking all the panels off this and pulled out the whole tape unit to investigate, cleaning all the controls and after messing with the rec and play switches I put the tape unit back in, played a tape and only had the left channel playing and still cutting in...
  18. vanquishfist

Any thoughts at all? I did figure out it seems to be linked to the play button, if I fiddle with it the sound goes in and out.
  19. vanquishfist

I just bought this deck at GW for three bucks. It sounds good when it's working, but the sound keeps going in and out. Not gradually or anything, just all the sudden good clear sound and then nothing. When I first start a tape it doesn't usually have any sound at all, but as it goes along it...
  20. vanquishfist

I didn't add any more because all those new parts inside made it hard enough to get the original back in... You're right soldering inside that cab is a pain! I did everything I could outside the cab on the 77s but still had to solder a couple things in the cab.:no:
  21. vanquishfist

+1 I'm glad to see everyone keeping this thread going after so long.:yes:
  22. vanquishfist

I'm not an expert, but I doubt it will make any difference.:yes:
  23. vanquishfist

A great find , minimus7

Missed the page 2 until after I posted... The speaker you linked would be too big, the 77s woofer is closer to 4-3/4". Most of the time it's best to stick with the original drivers if possible.
  24. vanquishfist

A great find , minimus7

Nice write-up, should help the OP greatly. I just thought I should say too, if the foams are going, don't use them until you put new on. You could damage the voice coil if it rubs.
Back
Top Bottom