Search results

1. Glassweights

Looking for a Sherwood S-8000 IV front panel picture

I do have the tag! My friend wanted to show me how bad the glue was and popped it off. Want to try the picture restoration for that?
  2. Glassweights

Looking for a Sherwood S-8000 IV front panel picture

Hi everyone! I recently acquired a working Sherwood 8000 IV but the front paint is flaking off. Pretty common issue and I would like to make it look better by printing a plastic picture of the front panel. If anyone has a clean Sherwood S-8000 IV and would not mind taking the knobs off and...
  3. Glassweights

THE end-all FIX for the Heathkit AA-100 integrated amp.

You know, we have at least three of these aa-100 in the bench area. I'll listen to another one and see if it does it. I only noticed this motor boating when I was tracking down a hum. The hum is pretty much gone, and the motorboating is not as consistent. Just got a scott lk72 to play with, but...
  4. Glassweights

Slept on it and decided to replace the can capacitors, stuffed a bunch of individual caps underneath and left the cans as is up top for looks . . . Unit is functioning fine but I think it needs some fine tuning as it has a small issue with a motorboating sound when the high gain phono is...
  5. Glassweights

Hey Gordon Been playing with tube amps lately because not feeling the guitar building and my cohort is a EE who learned when tubes were the thing. So we got this aa-100 on Epay and after fiddling with it I realized it had your 220k and 12AT7 mods, but nothing else done to it! Kinda fun. I formed...
  6. Glassweights

Estate sale find-Bogen HO-50

Really like seeing you got an amp that uses 807! I plan to have one or build one someday.
  7. Glassweights

Lafayette 236A rebuild

I would replace both outputs Man, I sure wish I had any clue at all what I did with that second output transformer - the one that was good! I am pretty sure all my tube parts are in Texas where I am headed soon as my New Mexico adventures are almost done. But in any event, I would put in a...
  8. Glassweights

Fender Bassman

Test Bed I use one of those for a test bed since they as so common. So far though, my test have not been pleasing! I think putting it back to true blackface circuitry will be the next change. I agree on not changing the blue caps unless you have a problem. But, since there are two...
  9. Glassweights

What do I replace this with?

My methodology I mights as well start by saying I always get confused by these simple circuits. So I drew it out and checked all my assumptions against my favorite amps, and to me it looks like you have the diodes wired correctly. After reading the larger thread I saw that in itself is a nice...
  10. Glassweights

Tube-a-Lou's Tube Adventure

Dang Real 7025 - good haul! /s/ Dan
  11. Glassweights

To build or rebuild?

Hi Redbeard, That reminded me so much of a Pioneer SMB 201 I worked on for a friend - that I had to go look at pictures. Very similar layout and using the same outputs. If the Sansui iron is similar to the Trio (Altec) transformers the pioneer uses then it should sound great. I am...
  12. Glassweights

Scott 222a questions..

Looks right to me I think those values are correct on the capacitors, but hopefully someone else will look them up. That last digit means move the zero that many places . . . (Ok Ok, I know, a guy with a degree in this stuff should be more specific!) I would never run my tube amp...
  13. Glassweights

nice hayseed hamfest caps for a scott

Very Nice! I like those a lot! Dan
  14. Glassweights

H H Scott Forum?

But Marantz has such a lush name. I have always liked the name Marantz, seems a pity if they are not making marvelous equipment. Here is a nice commercial for them, I could not find anything from the 60's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKSRncJToE I have exactly one tube Receiver in a place...
  15. Glassweights

64 Fender Twin Reverb refurb finished

65 Princeton Just looked at the pics I took under the hood of my 65 Princeton Reverb that was worked on by a guy in Nashville before I owned it. It is so dead stock! I know he rebuilt the actual cabinet and maybe replaced a transformer and put in vintage tubes. It sounds great, but I can't...
  16. Glassweights

0.1 uf capacitor advice

Good thoughts all! Good stuff, We talk on this issue a lot, but I never grow tired of it because each time if is stated a bit differently and helps you to understand that the caps are such an important tool on your sonic toolbox. Dan
  17. Glassweights

Scott 222a questions..

Try several! Ya, I think install the ones you feel would be best, but get some other types to play around with. I have switched all my amps to PIO coupling caps scavenged from bunkers deep inside of Russia. The real trick is to figure out what sort of sound you like best and even past...
  18. Glassweights

Recapping a Fisher 500c advice?

Ya SDS has to be easier The SDS board really has to be easier to install than replacing the individual caps. I did it all individual but that could not be called easy. So your voltage is back where you want it? Dan
  19. Glassweights

Fisher 800 c

Second the motion on a kit I am going to second the idea of buying a kit. I love picking parts and making decisions on price and quality, but this unit has an so many parts that it just ate up way too much time selecting them all. got any pics? Dan
  20. Glassweights

Scott 200 Restoration

Oh no Drat, Sorry to hear that. Dan
  21. Glassweights

Scott 200 Restoration

Interesting it would measure that high, but with a half wave rectified circuit that is not surprising. Let me think about this - your meter is measuring the ripple that is left after that single diode. I am going to assume the half wave peak = 1.414 x 3.2 = 4.528 V dc - still kinda low...
  22. Glassweights

Scott 200 Restoration

And DC? It was quite a revelation when I read a schematic and it stated all voltages DC. (Of course before the rectification it is AC as you expected.) Also, Phototone is correct on where to measure the heater voltage. For a 12AX7 that would be pins 4 and 5 Your question about how this would...
  23. Glassweights

Scott 222C

Lifted from another thread 2. Replace the first resistor after the bias bridge, an 18Ω 1-Watt (brown-gray-black-silver) with a 33Ω 5-Watt resistor. You may have to adjust this value but it is almost always 33Ω. Reason; the silicon bridge is more efficient and the output voltage is higher than...
  24. Glassweights

Scott 200 Restoration

yeah What falcon said! Dunno what I was thinking. Dan
Back
Top Bottom