Search results

1. D

Dirac Live Room Correction Suite ~ Any Experience?

There are other packages to consider if thinking of utilizing DRC. AudioLense and Acourate. Dirac, AudioLense, and Acourate are all discussed over at Computer Audiophile Forum.
  2. D

HDtracks

Like all formats depends on the mastering used. There have been hit and miss titles on HDTracks. Computer Audiophile has a forum just for Music Downloads and how good or not they are.
  3. D

Considering a Shunyata Hydra conditioner - pros and cons?

Also I recommend you check out Running Springs PC's - Elgar and Haley are their 6 outlet versions.
  4. D

Nagra Jazz - Anyone heard one?

I believe Tone Audio will have a review out soon...
  5. D

Audio Research SP16 vs. Audible Illusions Modulus 3A

You can try NOS tubes as others have suggested to see if you can find something you like. I use to own a SP16, and for new production there are a few brands out there, but for me and my rig I preferred the Psvane 12AX7.
  6. D

Show us your cables

I have done the DIY route and tried so many different cable company brands over the years (12-15 brands at least) and finally settled on these for my 2CH IC path - JPS Labs SC3. For all MCH IC connections, I use the cheaper Ultraconductor 2
  7. D

Let's See Your Modern Speakers

Full Range Stats....
  8. D

Yet more speaker cable observations.

+1 on the Libtec's. And if you change to their Mission line I found in my rig that the top end is now laid back sounding, compared to the Libtec. The mission had some great Mids but could not live with the soft top end. I also owned the Varial, and it too was hot sounding. Not sure...
  9. D

Power Cords- Brands

I am a big Shunyata fan especially on the used market -> All front end and Power Amps. DH Labs Power Plus is another company whose PC I use -> Speakers. I am a big believer in cords and conditioners. One of the best suggestions was trying out the Venom 3 from Shunyata. See if you have a...
  10. D

Reaching new depths with my new JL Fathom F113

If you want even more improvement get a DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033. While the JL is a single correction system and works well, the 8033 will give you from 24 to 36 corrections depending on the model, and the improvement over the single is significant IMO. I thought I had great bass until the...
  11. D

What have you learned?

Two things: Enjoy the music, as that is what this hobby is all about, and... Room Acoustics - To get the best out of your equipment, you need to get the best out of your room - acoustic treatments.
  12. D

Please suggest different brands of room treatment panels please

I built 6 panels using Bonded Cotton, 2" thick, 24" x 48" for around $250 and 4-6 hours of my time. GIK Acoustics offers their 242 Panel (2") for $60 each. So while there are some savings, the GIK products are priced at a good point. They also offer great advice and service for their...
  13. D

What's British in your system?

I have owned KEF 105.2's. I own some Mullard Tubes, I own an original Zerostat. But probably the best British item I currently own is my Meridian G61 Processor.
  14. D

Tone Audio online magazine

I think it is one of the best E-Zines out for audio. Nice writers, great pictures. Plus they cover a bunch of music and other things in life. And its free....
  15. D

DSPeaker anti-mode 2.0 room correction preamp... anyone ever used one?

There is a bunch of talk for this unit over at the Audio Circles along with other forums others have pointed out. If you are looking just for Bass Correction, then buy the 8033 model instead. I had a SMS-1 for years, played/configured that unit (what seemed like) for years, and never could...
  16. D

Same amp, 2 or more years, anyone ?

At minimum once a week (usually more), I spend time listening in Class A. When I can get 2-3 hours of listening time for myself, I will run Class A, otherwise A/B. The Plinius is very nice sounding SS amp in A/B, but becomes a whole new beast when in Class A.
  17. D

Same amp, 2 or more years, anyone ?

Plinius SA-102 (Class A or A/B), owned 6+ years, only downtime is when there is no power, bought used. Would buy Plinius again. If not Plinius then Pass Labs, McIntosh are a couple others I would consider that I could afford..
  18. D

burn-in: does it matter?

Myself, I was always curious about "burn-in" and did it really exist for components, wires, etc. or was it the end users (ears/brain) getting assimilated to the new sound? I was never concerned WHY or HOW this occurs, just if it was real or not. I always thought to be able to make a statement...
  19. D

To Use or not Use a Subwoofer

Here is something Harman wrote about Subs, multiple, and placement - and their effect. http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompany/Innovation/Documents/White%20Papers/multsubs.pdf
  20. D

To Use or not Use a Subwoofer

Harman did a research/study that they published (in 2002 I believe) on Subwoofers in a room and how multiple subwoofers and their placement can improve room response. Just do a search on the net for Harman subwoofers optimum guide and location. They have other papers on the site as well to...
  21. D

Modern Solid State

I have owned a Hybrid amp and it was okay at the time. But now I run Tube Pre and SS Power (selectable Class A/B or Class A) and have never looked back.
  22. D

All the fuss about cables

Killer deal on the "Q" speaker cables...from a fellow JPS Labs user (fan). When I got the entire path of JPS from source to speaker is when I really appreciated what JPS did for my rig.
  23. D

Bought some Aerial Model 8Bs

Always been a fan of the 9's and 10T from Aerial. If I did not own planar's, I would probably own Aerial.
  24. D

All the fuss about cables

I am on the "side of the fence" who believes in cables and power cables in their rig. I would say I did not get into the cable game (ran Monster stuff) until my rig started to improve. Now I am very happy with the JPS Labs products for IC and Speaker. For power I like Shunyata and DH Labs...
  25. D

The Future of SACD

A site that has mostly jazz and rock SACD to purchase is "BlowItOutaHere"
Back
Top Bottom