Search results

1. Blue Shadow

Need a great tonearm? bay has a new Magnepan arm listed

Had a BIN for 390 but someone bid on it at 300 so the BIN died. The BIN price adjusts to about $125 in 1980 dollars ,well below what it sold for. This is legit new with all the accessories. Guy might have worked at Magnepan or had a connection, not his first Unitrac sale. Best arm out there...
  2. Blue Shadow

Remote Control For Pioneer PD-M403

Probably. I have some Sony gear that responds to other Sony remotes. All CD players, one with additional MD capabilities. Normal functions on all remotes operate all CDPs.
  3. Blue Shadow

Marantz 2100 tuner question about lights

Coax cable is used with the center conductor attached to the 75Ω connection that is with the 300 ohm connection. The shield is pulled back and collected to go to the 75Ω connection marked with the G. No adapters needed. For temp use I just connect a 3’ or so single wire to either 300Ω...
  4. Blue Shadow

Onkyo M-501 fuse blows when turned on

if they work at all. And by fast that might mean upon first turn on, or maybe first high power run or maybe first Thursday. They are counterfeits and we avoid em.
  5. Blue Shadow

see post 13
  6. Blue Shadow

Marantz 2100 tuner question about lights

needs an edit to add the link.
  7. Blue Shadow

Need help!

should work on either one. Whichever you can mount the cartridge to.
  8. Blue Shadow

Pioneer sx 1980,crazy price for lower end

No as stated people are satisfying their desires of owning the big one they could not afford when they bought the 780 Pick a vehicle that is common as dirt the Camaro or Mustang, then you get 10x MSRP as the beginning of the price range for a nice recapped unit. The Shelby is an outlier due to...
  9. Blue Shadow

Bose 901 equalizer jacks

Monster Cables, install once and never lose a connection they pinch so tight. Horrible for audio but just what the permanent installation home theatre crowd needed back then.
  10. Blue Shadow

Kenwood Kd-750 vs Sansui SR-737 and MCS 6700

1977-MCS-$230 1977-737-$360 1978-KD-$510 The Kenwood is a top class table the Sansui a nice unit in their line and the MCS, more pedestrian The Kenwood by miles in this one, specs don't matter at all in this comparison Kenwood was making great tables at this time, Sansui wasn't and never did...
  11. Blue Shadow

Boutique coupling caps?

Looking at caps, the MR 1.0 on partsconnexion and the other 3 that appeared were a few hundred each. I guess I could save some money, too.
  12. Blue Shadow

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/bipolar-junction-transistor-testing-basics.43186/ using a dim bulb tester might save the fuse and will keep any shorts from doing more damage in most cases.
  13. Blue Shadow

Boutique coupling caps?

That is kinda spendy for my preamp at 115 or so each times 4. I used Clarity MR in two preamps I did for friends and both were very happy with them and at way less, I might go that way, too. It will be a while more projects in front of that preamp.
  14. Blue Shadow

My Speaker Journey... the ongoing saga of jazzmans system

The III was top of the line but Magnepan added the 20 in 92 and 30 in the last few years or so and now the 20.7 and 30.7 are both above the 3.7i and then add the X suffix, the cap and other internals upgraded model that the well-heeled audiophiles have always wanted and now they can buy. This...
  15. Blue Shadow

What's your latest audio purchase?

And we will probably see the finished piece in a day or less. How do you do it? Look at all those radios you have posted in this thread. Nice collection.
  16. Blue Shadow

HPM-100 Remove Crossovers from Posts Glue/Sludge

or toluene.
  17. Blue Shadow

So between 2:34pm and 8:32 today you went from contemplating depleting your bank account to having a set of 3.7is set up in your listening room? Well done there. Glad there was a pair on the market waiting for you.
  18. Blue Shadow

Nice step up.
  19. Blue Shadow

Bose 901 equalizer jacks

yup, ones ripped clean off and the other one is all mangled. How does that happen?
  20. Blue Shadow

Totem Acoustic Tabu speakers scroe!

one heck of a deal. Your cherry veneer speakers are actually mahogany. A couple dynaudio drivers, good crossover and a nice box and you have something there. Goodwill shoulda put those on auction for more money. Nice job thrifting today.
  21. Blue Shadow

yup that is the chip. As Avionic said, doubtful that is the issue, hence his question as to where you got your info on it being the issue. Start with the output transistors mounted to the heatsinks and verify they are not shorted. This amp is not expensive. If you aren't skilled working on...
  22. Blue Shadow

Thorens TD 160- Sansui SR-525

Suspension tuning is a pain. I had ehoove do my TD-160 Super years ago before he started into his tt upgrade phase. Did a nice job. Said the screws were about to fall out of mine. The 125 isn't as bad I don't think. You have read about doing this on theanalogdept, haven't you?
  23. Blue Shadow

Sansui Qrx - 5500

Lost of knobs, worth more than what you paid. So all this is extras at no cost Lots of lights Lots of meters Lots of colors Cool amp board with the 4 amps across the full length heat sink that unplugs from the unit.
  24. Blue Shadow

Thorens TD 160- Sansui SR-525

first put a cartridge on the Thorens that isn't listed on the Grado Turntable Hum list.
  25. Blue Shadow

Bose 901 equalizer jacks

best to replace the jacks. Since these are the ground, maybe the device delivering the signal has the ground tied together in the amp and you could do the same in the eq. But you would need to investigate that possibility. There are replacement single and dual RCA jacks outer there. The...
Back
Top Bottom