Search results

1. Variable

Who likes Scotch with your Music

Lagavulin, Highland Park 12, or Laphroaig for me!
  2. Variable

Pics of your listening space

What kinda speaker stands are those? DIY?
  3. Variable

So, What Did You Get for Christmas?! 2014

Rogue Sphinx integrated amp.
  4. Variable

'Guardians' Soundtrack To Be Released On Cassette Tape

Yup. My local ran out pretty quick during the Record Store Day Black Friday release. I think they were sold out within the first 30 minutes.
  5. Variable

A $1000 budget for headphones. What would you do?

Really? I have had my SR60s for many years. Almost ten years. Has this been reported by other owners? Were yours a newer pair?
  6. Variable

Great price, free shipping on Walker Edison Glass Metal Black Media Component Stand

Cool, looks like a sturdy stand. Picked one up!
  7. Variable

Is there any kind of food you think you could eat EVERY day?

Plain oatmeal with a pinch of brown sugar. Perhaps salmon sushi.
  8. Variable

Removing a recalcitrant P-Mount cartridge

I don't have any helpful advice for you. I do, however, want to award you ten bonus points for proper use of of the word 'recalcitrant.' That is a word you don't get to hear every day :)
  9. Variable

Coffee Brewing Question

This. Many good methods available: Aeropress, french press, pourover... All are available pretty economically on Amazon. We gave up the drip machine many years ago.
  10. Variable

Favorite Bourbon

Barterhouse was decent. Old Blowhard was too oaky for me. Here is a little background on them, albeit from a biased source. I happen to agree with Mr. Cowdery: http://chuckcowdery.blogspot.com/2014/05/orphan-barrel-project-shows-diageo.html
  11. Variable

Favorite Bourbon

If you are referring to last year's attempt to lower the proof from 90 to 84, that decision was quickly reversed after significant objections from MM drinkers. Maker's is still 90 proof.
  12. Variable

Favorite Bourbon

Weller 12 waiting list? I guess I am pretty lucky it is fairly easy to obtain in FL. It is great bourbon.
  13. Variable

'New Posts' Acting Weird

Same for me. I'll move to Firefox for a few days to see how it goes.
  14. Variable

'New Posts' Acting Weird

Same thing happening to me. What browser are you using? I am using Chrome.
  15. Variable

Favorite Bourbon

Currently available favorites: Four Roses Single Barrel Four Roses Yellow Baker's Buffalo Trace Jim Beam Black No longer available favorites: Wild Turkey 12yr Eagle Rare 10/101 Lucky to have a few bottles left of these long gone bourbons.
  16. Variable

Hello from Hollywood, Florida

Welcome fellow Floridian!
  17. Variable

What TT's do you folks have

Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Red Technics 1200MK2, Ortofon Blue
  18. Variable

50 year old guy wants to learn to play guitar?

Just go for it and give it your best shot. If you can afford it, there is NO better investment as a n00b than some private lessons. If you want to go at it on your own, the Berklee guitar method books are a great resource. The Hal Leonard books are good too. There are no shortcuts to any...
  19. Variable

Any Sig Pistol Shooters here?

P225 and an old, beat-up P228 here. I sometimes carry the 225, but I miss my little S&W 642 revolver.
  20. Variable

Kabuki worth $100?

I have a pair of Kenwood LS 9100s. Pure Kabuki, but fun to look at!
  21. Variable

AK Mountain Bikers?

+ 100 million! I am not sure what is up with that Gary Fisher, but do get out there and ride some other bikes. FWIW, i am 6ft tall, and a 19 inch bike feels a tad cramped. Still rideable, but a bit cramped. Bike size is very personal. Don't rush the purchase, and let your body tell you...
  22. Variable

AK Mountain Bikers?

I have a mutt, singlespeed hardtail, based on a '96 Giant Rincon frame that still sees a lot of trail use. Also have 2000 Specialized Hardrock, and Rockhopper. I am planning on getting a Redline Monocog for XMas. bentpencil: I am 6', 230lbs. Just get out there and RIDE! You will have a...
  23. Variable

Kegger!

This gentleman is an absolute class act. I just finalized a trade with this guy, and he was extremely patient with me. This was my first out of state trade, and Kegger made it a pleasure. Thanks!
  24. Variable

The Shaft...Drive.

The only bike Nexus equipped bike I have right now is an Electra cruiser. It sees about 20 miles per week. Mostly on weekends, while towing my kid and dog. Before that, I had a Nexus equipped commuter muttbike. It saw about 100 miles pre week, rain-or-shine, for seven-eight months straight...
  25. Variable

The Shaft...Drive.

Looks like a neat bicycle. I can vouch for the Shimano Nexus hub. They are rock solid and nearly maintenance free. My only complaint is the difficulty in changing the rear inner tube in case of a blow out.
Back
Top Bottom