Search results

1. Overundr1

QRX-9001

The 9001 has been an illusive receiver to acquire, so will start out with a big thank you to AK member Brad1234 for finding this unit for me. Unloved, molested and abused he swept her up for the price of a fancy dinner and shipped her off to my abode for restoration and a place in my...
  2. Overundr1

Sansui 7000

Finished up a full on rebuild of my 7000 this morning. Before the work began a long audition revealed lowered output, absolutely weak bass and a slight 120hz hum. Went after the tone board first with my usually liked WIMA 1uf films and in this receiver design they did more harm than good...
  3. Overundr1

model 7000 lost FM

After rebuilding my 7000 (not the G, the original) everything has worked fine for a couple of weeks including strong FM with proper muting, stereo lamp lighting and meter movement. Went to listen to FM yesterday and nothing, no signal and no meter movement, just static. So far have verified...
  4. Overundr1

G-6700

One of the pieces given to me recently was a G-6700 with the infamous F2980 board. Pulled the cover and noted a bonfire had taken out about everything around the left channel pre-drivers. Pulled the outputs, emitter resistors and replaced along with all the resistors from the pre drivers to the...
  5. Overundr1

cap coupled vrs transformer output design

I have spent time searching this topic with no real answer so time to post it up. Been starting down the cap coupled positive rail amplifier rabbit hole, noted that tube gear and McIntosh use transformer coupled designs. Is there a sonic difference and why choose one over the other?
  6. Overundr1

Sansui 5000

This unit has a special place in my collection the original 5000 non A version. A forum member's personal stereo, purchased overseas while serving in the Vietnam conflict, his first and only stereo till it quit in the 90's then boxed and retired. Over the years we became friends and as life...
  7. Overundr1

Wood case 5000

Restoring a Sansui 5000, the original with no a or x suffix built in April 1969. Been trying to figure out which wood cases will fit as this unit only has the metal cover. Thought I had seen a cross reference on the thousand series cases but darn if I can find it. Guess a little case history...
  8. Overundr1

TC-511S and K-850

I had an AK member give me these two cassette decks many years ago, finally decided to rejuvenate them to match my CR-1000 and CR-2040. The TC-511S had no output, traced it down to the playback mute switch. Deoxit did not faze it so took it apart finding a blob of silicone grease on the...
  9. Overundr1

2SK97 Circuit Stability

The FET 2SK97 is used in several of the Sansui driver board designs. Have noticed that in several instances the circuit seems to take forever to settle down with pretty significant offset swings. Changing the supply zeners and surrounding resistors to 1% along with precision trimmers has no...
  10. Overundr1

CR-2040 in rotation

Decided to step away from my Sansui gear for awhile and wake up my CR-2040. Playing through Yamaha NS-590’s (or Bose 901’s) with a JVC QL-7 and Shure V15 mk 4. This unit is in like new condition and other than usual cleaning and adjustment sounds amazingly detailed.
  11. Overundr1

G-9000 Phono board

This one has me stumped :( Lost the left channel in the F-2796 phono (head amp) board in my G-9000. Been playing fine for several years since the restoration. Verified +27 and -27vdc input are stable noting all this is done on a dbt since lots of probing and scoping going on. Also verified solid...
  12. Overundr1

Luxman R-1050

Been in storage for a long time, Luxman R-1050, 55wpc of stereo goodness in really nice shape. Do not see many comments about this series from the late 70's. Hooked up to speakers for a run, no static in the controls, FM tuner works perfectly along with all the lamps. Pulled the covers for a...
  13. Overundr1

Bose vintage system

Don't see these as a set very often. Bose spatial control receiver 551 and 901 series v's with tulip stands and original EQ. Receiver pics first, unit as received a few years back after spending years in forgotten in house storage. All I had to do was clean the sliders and switches and verify...
  14. Overundr1

Push Pins?

Broke one of the black plastic push pins that are used to hold things like the connect/disconnect switch plate or input terminal plates to the chassis of many of the Sansui products. Has anyone found a substitute? -Lee
  15. Overundr1

TU-517 shot noise

This one has me stumped. My TU-517 sounds fine when first turned on, then slowly fades into almost total signal degradation replaced with a shot static noise. Full cleaning of tuner fins and pick up brushes with zero residue cleaner, remove and rebuild the F-2680 selector switch board, rebuild...
  16. Overundr1

Altec 9440A

Forum member came across two of these somewhat rare amplifiers and brought them in for a rebuild, he purchased them untested. One unit (on a 200w dim bulb and a wattmeter) came right up out of protection, the other was NOT happy with a high current draw. Let the fun begin :)
  17. Overundr1

Hitachi SR-904

Picked this up from another AK member with known issues. Found an open bias trim pot and blown pre-drivers in the right channel along with out of spec fuse resistors and a couple of transistors. Long story short after replacement of the defective parts (and a set of MJE TO-3 outputs for long...
  18. Overundr1

NewenglandJ

Quality AK member to work with. Excellent gorilla proof packaging (Hitachi SR-940) with goodies exactly as described. Added bonus he will go the extra mile to help if at all possible. -Lee
  19. Overundr1

STA-2000

Now that the 2100D is finished time to move on to its smaller sibling the STA-2000. This unit has been mine since college and has been patiently waiting its turn on the bench. Everything worked fine before I started btw. Amplifier cards are a bit of a fiddle to remove. Best to lift each block...
  20. Overundr1

Realistic STA-2100d

Quick note if you are working on one--- Protection board diode D601 may be mis-marked on the actual board, however correct on the schematic. I noted that his error may or may not be on your particular board. best practice would be to photograph the two diodes above the relay before taking them...
  21. Overundr1

QS-500

Quad stuff is interesting, added this to my collection After a quick clean and meter/bias adjustment time for a listen. 33WPC of cap coupled Sansui goodness and four vu meters to boot. What's not to love :) Internally looks undisturbed. Easy to recap and swap out all the period correct 2SC458...
  22. Overundr1

QX-949

Non 'A' version for reference. After listening to this almost pristine example I purchased from Baco99 moved her to the bench for some freshening up. Sounded great as received so a shout out to Baco99 for a quality transaction. My concern with this series is Pioneer's use of the 2SC1451...
  23. Overundr1

Fun with the 8080db

Picked one up from a fellow AK member with known issues (person he acquired it from stated it needed a chip. Once apart this was found--- Time to replace the original cables. Unfortunately the ones LBPete suggested are long out of production so I found a different substitute for them---...
  24. Overundr1

Baco99 great to work with

Ordered two different receivers, a minty Pioneer QX-949 and Sansui 8080db for restoration. Brian understated just how nice these two pieces were, the Pioneer especially is like new in performance and appearance and the Sansui is ready for a full on rebuild to keep my bench occupied. Both units...
  25. Overundr1

4300 PE01 board

Have a 4300 that loses the signal in that miserable PE01/PD01/PF01 chain and even after waaaay too much time with my signal generator and scope I cannot fathom where I am losing it-- Pins 01 through 08 have solid signal, voltages on the PE01 and PD01 boards are spot on, traces through the local...
Back
Top Bottom