Search results

1. Van_Isle

Human Speakers Energy Pro 22 Tweeter

Anyone try Huw's Pro 22 tweeter replacement? https://www.humanspeakers.com/diy/parts/002me22.htm
  2. Van_Isle

Audio Technica AT-LP120X Issue?

I've seen a number of new(er) users posting in various online locales asking why their woofers are 'pumping' while playing vinyl and it's turning out that they are using the AT-LP120X with the stock AT-VM95e. I think I'm up to 4 reports I have run across. In one case I think a more experienced...
  3. Van_Isle

Nude mount hyperellipticals

Did a quick search here and didn't see anything ... apologies if I've missed a discussion ... but where did these come from??? Nude mounted hyperelliptical? I didn't think they existed ... just bonded (even from Jico). Says Japan sourced ...
  4. Van_Isle

Toshiba SR-630

A bit of a rare one I think Toshiba SR-630. Direct drive, quartz lock with adjustable pitch override, manual operation, VTA, 0.028% W&F (WRMS), 62dB S/N ratio & 27.6 lbs. Got it yesterday & have only just wiped it down a bit. It came with a Shure m97X cartridge and the original owner's manual...
  5. Van_Isle

Chinese Cartridge

Having done a couple searches I haven't found any discussion on these. Also available as a conical version (blue in color). You can find them on aliexpress and amazon. Any ideas?
  6. Van_Isle

Marantz 6200 Power Cord

I have a Marantz 6200 turntable here that someone in the past replaced the power plug on. I'm pretty sure it was a European plug, because there is hot (brown), neutral (blue) and earth (green/yellow) plug ... those colours corresponding with European standards. You can see all 3 at the plug end...
  7. Van_Isle

Pioneer PL-10 Counterweight

Anyone got the mass of the counterweight for the PL-10? I think I've got the correct one, but it's reading about 1/2g high with my digital scale.
  8. Van_Isle

Marantz 2285b Value

Any comments on value of a 2285b, un-restored vs. restored? (i.e. full recap, any issues resolved, not a Deoxit restoration!) I'm looking at purchase rather than sale. Thanks.
  9. Van_Isle

Altec Lansing 305 Speakers

I'm looking for foams for these. (305, not 305S, although not sure if that makes a difference). All I've found so far are too small, even if they are specifically identified as being for the 305. What I've measured: Outside Diameter 9.50" - 241mm Outer Roll Diameter 9.0"- 229mm Inner Roll...
  10. Van_Isle

Sansui Jacket

This is cool ... posted up for sale a bit too far away for me to snag it easily:
  11. Van_Isle

Altec Lansing 305 Speakers

I picked up a pair of these today. Need re-foaming. Any suggestions as to the best glue to use, given the cones are carbon-fiber? ... pics to come.
  12. Van_Isle

Sony STR-6036A

I picked up a Sony STR-6036A a while back (maybe September?) from my local charity thrift shop. 15 wpc, built in 1973-74 and in really nice condition cosmetically, other than a couple crunched corners on the rear of the wood case. However, a couple of issues I'm trying to track down: I knew...
  13. Van_Isle

JICO Canada

Anyone had any experience with these guys? https://jicocanada.com/ They are located in Nevada?? Prices in USD. But free shipping to Canada is free over $79.95 order. Did one spot check on a JICO SAS (boron cantilever) for the Shure V15 III and they are $50 cheaper than LPGear. Did a search...
  14. Van_Isle

A Box of Stuff

Today I traded a set of inexpensive speakers for this 'box-o-stuff'. You can pretty much see what's in it. Those are 3 NOS Dual TK-12 cartridge sleds, m95ed, m91ed, m92e, 5 styli (Melotone brand .... they have the black hash on the cantilever so I'm thinking Japanese ... there's an Empire...
  15. Van_Isle

Parrot DH-503 Cartridge?

Anybody? I've found one reference to a "DH-503 C" for Conical on VE ... but that's pretty much it.
  16. Van_Isle

Castle Durham

Picked these up today at a thrift shop ... Castle Durham, original version (I believe), with the stands. I've yet to find a picture online that shows the original grills for these. The ones I have are not long for this world as the foam is pretty much shot ... shedding bits and pieces when...
  17. Van_Isle

Pioneer CS-99A

I picked these up today, along with a Sansui 2000X, for $80 (CAD) total: All the drivers work ... and the woofer, mid-range and higher-mid-range are all 'FB' drivers.Overall they are in ok condition .... veneer needs some attention (plant stains, etc.). Should be an interesting project! The...
  18. Van_Isle

Akai AA-910DB

I just picked one of these up … part of a package deal that included a turntable I was mostly interested in. There's not much info out there on it that I've found so far. Hifiengine has no manuals and offers: Tuning range: FM, MW Power output: 14 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo) Frequency...
  19. Van_Isle

Sansui SR-838 vs ....

No idea if I stand a chance of getting it, and as far as I'm concerned the seller is asking top dollar for the unit. The farthest up the food chain I've gone with Sansui turntables is the SR-525. I've rarely seen locally any model higher in the line-up. So how would the SR-838 compare with my...
  20. Van_Isle

Pioneer PL-518

Here's my 3rd to latest turntable acquisition ... 2 days ago I picked this up from the original owner. It is near-mint, complete with manual, box, Styrofoam inserts, 45-adapter, even the unopened cartridge hardware and the screwdriver. Audio Technica AT-13ea cartridge, with the original stylus...
  21. Van_Isle

Photobucket 3rd Party Hosting Restored

I just received an email from Photobucket, saying 3rd party hosting has been restored, for a limited time, with new plans and terms if one wishes to continue using the service. I checked an old post and yup ... they are back. I'm not sure how the old plans and new plans differ ...
  22. Van_Isle

5-Minutes from Work ... posted 5-minutes before work ended.

Posted up for sale yesterday just as work was ending. A few minutes later I was walking away from the house with it. Original owner. Hasn't been used in about 5-years. Needs a bit of work on the dustcover obviously. I just cleaned the speed selector switch and adjusted the trimpots...
  23. Van_Isle

Another Mystery Speaker ID

What are these? Seller claims they are Klipsch!!!??? To me the tweeters look to be Philips ... but maybe Atomix? The mids Philips, Heppner or Pioneer. The woofers? I've seen Heppner that look similar, I believe. My driver decisions may also be influenced that they just remind me of local...
  24. Van_Isle

Yamaha NS-655

Re-foamed, in generally good condition. What's they worth? I'm only coming up with really one sale (Canuckaudiomart) at (silly) $550 (CAD) and some guy from Slovakia on ebay asking (stupid) $850 (US) and an unsold pair from Italy for $467 (US) (go figure!). As I see it, the seemingly much more...
  25. Van_Isle

Kenwood KD-500

So a Kenwood KD-500, in very good condition with the dust cover and a Grace G-707 tonearm, that needs a repair to the collar that holds cueing / anti-skate (plastic cracked) but has some upgraded interconnects included. Cartridge is a Rega R100. It's using the original armboard for the Grace but...
Back
Top Bottom