Search results

1. PhunkyPhill

Stromberg Carlson ASR 433 has no/distorted bass suddenly

Yep, both channels. Thanks for the advice Gordon and Kegger.
  2. PhunkyPhill

Stromberg Carlson ASR 433 has no/distorted bass suddenly

So I haven't used my ASR 433 in a couple of months for various reasons and am really thinking about selling it for what I have in it because I don't really use it and need the money for other things...got a couple of folks really interested in buying it. Anyway, I just hooked it up and am...
  3. PhunkyPhill

Just came home with some 4410A's!

I've been looking on and off for about year now for some smaller JBL 44xx studio monitors local to me and finally pulled the trigger on some 4410A's from a reasonably local Ebay sale. Just set them up in my spare bedroom/recording studio/office! I've got them in an equilateral triangle about...
  4. PhunkyPhill

JBL L112s?

Hmm, I'll take those 4410s off your hands if you don't "love em" :D I'd also love to try out a pair of L112s. A record store in Raleigh, NC that I visit everytime I'm in town has a pair that they have sitting up on the loft (about 15-20 feet up) in the back of the store and I always love how...
  5. PhunkyPhill

JBL L112s?

$400-500? I don't own any, but have been watching JBLs of this type/era for a while. You're asking a very subjective question though. How much I would pay is probably more or less than what the next guy would. Awesome avatar, by the way. Classic.
  6. PhunkyPhill

Just got a Tascam 122B, need some troubleshooting help

I'm at a standstill here.... Anybody recommend a good tape deck tech that I could ship/deliver this thing to? I live about 2 hours from Charlotte/Asheville, 3 from Raleigh, 3 from Knoxville, ~5 from Nashville. Any ideas?
  7. PhunkyPhill

Need some input: Studio monitors in a bedroom studio?

The ROR monitors sound interesting. Now, where to find them! A quick internet search yields nothing (for sale.) The Paradigms also sound very interesting, although different end of the budget. I wonder if the AU-517 has enough juice for these babies? It seems that some folks bi-amp these...
  8. PhunkyPhill

Need some input: Studio monitors in a bedroom studio?

Alright, so I've been working on putting together a very basic studio in one of the spare bedrooms of the house I live in currently(will be moving sometime in spring.) I'm not really trying to do any serious recording with microphones yet, as the room is nearly a square (13'x15') and I'm...
  9. PhunkyPhill

The VU meters seem to be in stereo, ie not exactly the same. Thanks for the link to the 122 manual. For some reason I can't figure out how to actually download the PDF file. There is a lot of mumbo jumbo ads on either side, top and bottom of that page. Can't find the download link. Is...
  10. PhunkyPhill

JBL 4312's - $500

I'm a bit biased, I suppose. It's all a matter of how much a particular speaker is worth TO YOU. I wouldn't pay any more than 350 (probably wouldn't even pay that really) for a pair. Why, because I don't really want them. I'd rather have L112s or some monitors from the 44xx series any day...
  11. PhunkyPhill

Ok, i opened her up and tried to trace the wiring. It's a bit snakey in there, but as far as I could tell everything looked good concerning the RCA input wiring. No wiring seemed loose in the solder joints. When you say selector pot, which one are you talking about? The input (Line 2 ...
  12. PhunkyPhill

JBL 4312's - $500

Too much, IMO. Someone on Ebay might be asking that much, and somebody MIGHT pay that. $500 is pretty steep for some 4312s. I would say max of 350 if they were cherry. *shrug*
  13. PhunkyPhill

$150 To Restore A Dual 1229?

I'll attest to Bill's good work as well. He restored my 1229 earlier this year, and I use it to spin several records a day. There was actually a problem (making it non-functional) that developed a couple of months after he restored it. Told him what was going on and he said "Yep, that the...
  14. PhunkyPhill

JBL Karma!

Man! Nice score. Too bad I can't find some 4412 around here at all, much less for $100... Do let me know if you happen across some more. NC isn't that far away.
  15. PhunkyPhill

Ok tape folks, I just received a new-to-me Tascam 122B deck and am trying to determine what's going on with the record part of it. Having a couple of problems, and I want to make sure it's not something I'm doing (or not doing) wrong due to unfamiliarity with the deck. Not used to pro decks...
  16. PhunkyPhill

NYC to NC/VA anybody? Need to move some speakers

Thanks for that Fred Sanford. I will certainly remember that if it comes to that. When you say holiday season do you mean Thanksgiving or Christmas? Anybody else?
  17. PhunkyPhill

NYC to NC/VA anybody? Need to move some speakers

Howdy AKers! I'm trying to acquire some JBL 4412 monitors from a fellow AKer in NYC and I live in northwestern North Carolina (Boone to be specific.) I actually am trying to get 3 Tascam tape decks to my house as well from NYC, but was thinking I'd pay to have those shipped, then the...
  18. PhunkyPhill

Sansui AU-x1111 MOS vintage

"New shit has come to light...man.."
  19. PhunkyPhill

side two of "Abbey Road". Wow

:smoke: That's what "helped" me realize the beauty and greatness of side 2 *shrug* I'd heard it plenty of times before, but never heard it like that before.
  20. PhunkyPhill

Sansui AU-x1111 MOS vintage

Ouch...I think you may be giving the seller too much credit. That was NOT $900 worth of packing/shipping costs. Didn't even look double boxed, didn't remove the volume knob against the glass face, Not worth dealing internationally for such a large amount of money and an even larger risk for...
  21. PhunkyPhill

Tascam 122 repair for a tape newb

Ah this is encouraging news, Tinman. I hope to see photos of the units soon and have them in my possession not too long after that. I'll update this thread with pictures and questions I'm sure when they make it here. Thanks!
  22. PhunkyPhill

Bought my first Tube Integrated - Stromberg Carlson ASR-433 - advice?

ASR-433 is here! It sounds oh so sweet to my ears. I have noticed in this very short time of listening that it sound quite thin with the loudness switch off. I flip it on and BAM! It beefs up the sound waaay more than any SS amp I've ever used. Normal? Any reason I shouldn't use it? I...
  23. PhunkyPhill

Tascam 122 repair for a tape newb

Howdy Tapeheads! I've got a lead on a handful of complete, but not-working Tascam 122 s (for CHEAP), which I'd really love to get my hands on to use in my home studio/office. I make a lot of tapes on a terrible Pioneer double cassette deck from the late 80s that I was given by a family friend...
  24. PhunkyPhill

Sansui AU-999

That's a good price if it works, especially with the wood case. I think $250-300 would be top dollar (unrestored, but excellent overall condition.) I'd try to settle around $150 and call it a day. I love mine (and the matching TU-999 tuner.) It sounds great and looks just as good if not...
  25. PhunkyPhill

Jbl 4412

I hate you :D I'd rush and pay twice that...but I've been looking for a local pair for close to a year now. Some just sold on ebay for $370 + shipping...for reference.
Back
Top Bottom