Search results

1. wsissons

Current SOTA for "Single Driver" Sound?

These would be interesting on the higher budget https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-fc8 Mark audio would be worth a look at on a smaller budget.....
  2. wsissons

Newbie in need of speaker advice.

I like these a real value has amazing reviews just have to be a little handy. https://www.css-audio.com/online-store/CSS-Criton-1TD-X-Kit-Pair-p221163830
  3. wsissons

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Way I see things is some people like being at the studio well others search out being there were nothing is perfect.....
  4. wsissons

Sony SS-3200 - Junk or gem?

I had a pair of Sony ss7300 that I liked very much they were well built had ulm drivers and were to me a nice sounding speaker .
  5. wsissons

Looking for bookshelf speakers for my setup: marantz 2252b

I guess you could yes if you look into the parts they are all quality and are a speaker that you may stick with and be happy with for a number of years they really are a great bang for the buck bookshelf speaker and to move up from these will cost more then the thousand you need to purchase them...
  6. wsissons

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

No need to ask you your impressions on them WOW! Nice system sir ......
  7. wsissons

Look into these yes a kit easy to put together well regarded holds its own or stomps bookshelves costing many times its price point one review here
  8. wsissons

Hard too go wrong with these best bang for your buck https://www.css-audio.com/online-store/CSS-Criton-1TD-X-Kit-Pair-p221163830
  9. wsissons

Top notch job really a art form that can showcase a speaker thanks for the info .
  10. wsissons

Looking forward to your impressions lovely speakers enjoy....
  11. wsissons

Dali Icons nice congrads on those nice Saudi Arabia finish....
  12. wsissons

Can you identify the finish GD? I'd guess the wood is from Saudi Arabia.
  13. wsissons

Aurum cantus? Maybe Salks
  14. wsissons

You Tease.....a little bra would have been nice.
  15. wsissons

The BEST AR speakers?

Pound for pound the M1 .....
  16. wsissons

Dynaco A25

In my opinion the a25 is what it is a speaker many enjoy including myself it's not meant to be the most accurate bookshelve there is a mountain of those it's just got a sweet sound to it that never gets boring.
  17. wsissons

Dynaco A-25 Versions

I remember a US version from recollection I don't believe it used that tweeter might be a replacement tweeter ? A speaker I could listen to all day to me still one of the best back ground speakers I have had the pleasure of owning.
  18. wsissons

Speaker Wires vs. Internal Speaker Wires

I could see tube connectors at the speaker terminals having a affect over standard terminals..
  19. wsissons

What small speaker has surprised you with bass output?

Energy 22s like to see these brought back ....needed power to get the best out of them.
  20. wsissons

Do crossover components need "burn-in" time?

I've seen a few burn up usually way to much power is the cause.
  21. wsissons

Long journey to get to were your at now with your system? Well done sir....
  22. wsissons

Energy brand speaker thread

The energy 22 is what I think when thinking about energy had them with a sansui au 9900a too me was a really nice combo years ago .....I believe if the 22s were built at a higher quality they would demand a large used market price.....The one thing energy lacked was the next step in quality...
  23. wsissons

broken woofer spider, wharfedale E70

They must have used glue from the dollar store I had the same problem as kfa888 said good to check the surrounds as my wharfedales surrounds were no longer sealed....
  24. wsissons

Thick speaker cables are better than thin???

I think the speaker binding post plays a bigger factor then speaker wire diameter tube connectors seem to improve performance apposed to having a large metal post check the wire inside your speakers companies arnt using boa constrictor cables to the driver's running boa constrictor speaker...
  25. wsissons

Energy Veritas 2.4i speakers available with frozen drivers

My thought is that bolt they used to pull the woofer tight has a huge effect on the woofers performance. it's bolted on the back of a cabinet which is 20 years old even with new woofers can you reach the same specs as energy did replacing them and surly this will be a recurring problem. A little...
Back
Top Bottom