Search results

1. wsissons

Speaker eNaBling voodoo or science

Wondering what are your thoughts on this I know planet 10 does this but are there real benefits to the process I am sure if it's done right might help stabilize the cone seems like a fine line... https://www.fibhornspeakers.com
  2. wsissons

My first build audio nirvana 8 alnico

Hey guys first off I can not believe I am posting something in this section.I have always been a buyer and have gone though my share of vintage and modern speakers. I wanted to try a build and started on Friday and have never had so much fun in audio.....Here is where I am at on the build...
  3. wsissons

Sony tc-588

I got this reel to reel in a deal and am wondering if its worth trying to restore . I didn't get any reels with it believe 7 inch a friend has some so can get those . but seems to play at least the motor turns and responds to control commands, I know nothing about reel to reels other then they...
  4. wsissons

Beatlefred banned?

Ive been out of sansui gear for awhile bought a au amp and was looking for him and he has been banned? He is a total sansui guy helped me out in the past cant believe he got banned.
  5. wsissons

AU 11000 love this little amp

Hey guys been in audio for some time now . I started with a au 7500 and 9090db a while back now . I moved onto other equipment and ran into this au11000 with a set of 901s for 450.00 . Well I thought I could move the bose and really get this thing for cheap or sell it for a good profit....Well...
  6. wsissons

Anyone recap RSIIs

Hey guys I want to recap my RSIIs anyone done this? If so what caps did you use and values ....Did it make a big improvement? because what I here now I like.
  7. wsissons

Infinity RSII treble and mid control

Hey guys anyone know were a flat setting is. I realize there is a gain or decrease were do other owners set there controls at ?.......and maybe why.
  8. wsissons

Settled on Infinity RS2s

Settled on Infinity RSII Well been on the hunt for some new speakers . A friend of mine had these and I didnt think he would ever sell them but we came to a deal. These are keepers cant stop listening to them a little Mark Knopfler right now . These do things I wish some of my other speakers...
  9. wsissons

Advice on speakers to buy

Ok Im wanting to buy a new set of speakers looking at psb stratus goldi or totem hawk or ohm f or jbl 4430s I am redoing my basement I will have a medium size listening area my amp will be a perreaux pmf 5150b I am leaning towards the totems but cant seem to make up my mind ? any help would be...
  10. wsissons

Kef 107s and bongos

Was over at a fellow akers place last night and had a short listen to his Kef 107s.......Man the bongos sounded like they guy was playing them right in front of me......Love the bongos ..:thmbsp: awesome speakers still have me thinking about the bongos
  11. wsissons

Move over time windows hello Kef 103/3

Hey guys spent a few hours over at a fellow akers place today. Brought a Perreaux 5150b and a pair of AR3a . Hooked the Perreaux up to his IMF rspm1V and listened to some great tunes I have to say the best vintage system ive heard sounded truly like being at the concert. Best hotel California...
  12. wsissons

energy 22 tweeter

I would like to try a vifa xt25 tweeter as a replacement the problem is the vifa is 4 0hm and the energy uses a 8 ohm tweeter is there a way around this?......Any help would be much appreciated thanks WES.
  13. wsissons

perreaux pmf 5150b

Hi guys brought this sucker home the other day . I have to say my best amp to date nice warm mosfet sound . I have it hooked up to a set of dcm timewindows and am so happy I have not the urge to hookup my AR3a to it yet ....Anyone have this amp out there ? ...........
  14. wsissons

A little DCM score today

Hey guys picked up a pair of I think original Timewindows today and a pair of DCM QEDs both pair have original boxes . I think im falling in love with the time windows what a nice smooth sound .......... both sets for 150.00 bucks. Anyone know how to tell if there the original ? phillips or vifa...
  15. wsissons

A little score today wharfedale TSR 112s

I think a bit of a Rare bird never seen them before picked them up after work today great owner really nice guy his two boys helped me load them. Gave me some moose meat for stew to boot.....
  16. wsissons

Recapping technics 7000a

Im going to do a recap on these and am looking for advice on capps.....Has anyone done these before ?
  17. wsissons

Technics sb 7000a

Anyone one out there own a pair of these? I picked them up and am really enjoying them........One of the tweeters was distorting at high volume.....Blown :tears:.....Took it apart luck the diapham dislodged used some speaker glue as good as new ...........:thmbsp:
  18. wsissons

IMF super compact

Brought a set of super compacts home with me. Cost me a set of dyanco a35s and a10s . Well hate to say it Im not missing the dynacos . great midrange surprising bass and nice soft highs. Installed new speaker terminals though hate the factory terminals. first set of IMFS by the way impressed.
  19. wsissons

Dynaco a35 .............

Anyone out there have a pair of these ?........Bought a pair 2 months ago and just cant get enough of them........To my ears one of the best sounding speakers Ive collected over the years just a pleasure to listen to......any of you recapped dynaco speakers what caps do you suggest .........
  20. wsissons

JBL speaker Id

What are these?.......can pick them up for 30.00....
  21. wsissons

ar 3a

Looking for hunting grounds for ar 3a tweeters got a mint set but the tweeters are shot yes did all the tests..........The cabs are mint the woofers are refoamed grills are minty .............these i beleive are worth restoring.....Oh yah they weigh a ton......
  22. wsissons

Braun 1030/8

Anyone have any info on these.....picked them up and am thrilled by them keepers fore sure .......great sound-stage .....great bass mids and highs not much to dislike.....
  23. wsissons

a eico hf-81 in the house

What a beautiful day it was yesterday cost me 250.00 but is my first step in tubed gear good bye solid state..........................its in really nice shape all original.my wife says it sounds resonant ....I say it sounds incredible ....
  24. wsissons

hk 430...

Hi guys need a bit of help here I have a hk 430 which the output transisters have been changed anyone have knowledge on proper replacements .....thanks
  25. wsissons

noresco nec 594

Bought these yesterday really love sound of these the wifey too....I think german made drivers not sure of the combo but sounds really nice.....heres a peek........
Back
Top Bottom