Search results

1. zenith2134

Source for NOS Ortofon OM-40 Super Styli

Hello all, My supply of styli for the Super OM-40 has run out. I had a pile of them at one point, and am down to the last one. I use these on a Systemdek transcription table to do flat transfers direct to hi-res digital. None of my other cartridge choices seem to match this old Ortofon for...
  2. zenith2134

Thinking About an A-S2100 Integrated..

Good Afternoon, and Happy Holidays! It has been quite a while since I've posted at Audiokarma, but some of you guys may recall I was once a regular. Lately I've been in the market for a killer integrated, since I've always been partial to them. I like the idea of one less interconnect cable...
  3. zenith2134

Any chance this is possible?

Hey all, I was wondering if there exists a cable to send USB digital audio from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime to an external DAC. The phone has mini USB 2.0 jack and runs Android
  4. zenith2134

Cruise control

What was the first car to have it? Cadillac I suppose? Having never used C.C. much, on my Acura TL I have been using it a bit more. It's relaxing on the highway and makes a very noticeable improvement in gas mileage. I don't think most people use it at all even though all cars come with it...
  5. zenith2134

Help with date on an RCA Red Seal classical LP

I have scored a never-opened copy of RCA Red Seal # LM-1089 - Mathis der Maler, NBC Symphony Orchestra, Guido Cantelli. The jacket actually lists the record as LM (x) 1089 . Disc says "non-breakable" Long Play 33-1/3. It is of course monaural. I was wondering if this is a re-issue or an...
  6. zenith2134

Some inputs different color?

I have here a stereo preamp with many inputs. The Phono-1 and 2 and CD input connector shields are gold colored and the tape-1 tape-2 and auxiliary are silver colored. It isn't because there is oxidation, etc going on..since all pictures online look the same way. Why would this be the case?
  7. zenith2134

Most out of Amarra on the Mac?

Can someone give me some pointers on the settings I should be using with Amarra 2.4.1. and OSX 10.8.2 ? I realize it is best to enable cache mode, so tracks get loaded from RAM, but what about the dithering and Hard Limit/Gain settings? The manual is sort of roundabout with this--my experience...
  8. zenith2134

M.f. Vdac ii

Hey all I upgraded from Musical Fidelity's VDAC original to the mkII version. Anyone using one? Which transport or operating system? The USB portion does what I need it to do--sound good and be versatile with hi-res and standard redbook files. Amarra is a fine program for digital playback and...
  9. zenith2134

New DAC arrived, anyone use AU-Lab for the mac?

So I went ahead and bought a Musical Fidelity V-DAC mkII for use with my Macbook pro. I run mostly FLAC, WAV, and MP3 files and am using the USB output of the computer. All in all, this is a nice sounding DAC and does what it is supposed to do. However, there is a minor fly in the...
  10. zenith2134

Hitachi HA-6

Hey all. I am purchasing an early '80s Hitachi HA-6 integrated amplifier & was looking for info on the unit. I already know it does about 100 watts per side at 8 ohms and has liquid cooled heatsinks. Curious to know whether the MC/MM phono section is highly regarded. Having heard many vintage...
  11. zenith2134

General Consensus on Mullard EL34 Reissue

I am in the market for a new quad of EL34s for my Rogue Cronus (standard version). Current tubes in its output stage are Ruby Tubes EL34BHTs installed 9-7-2011. One tube will no longer hold bias, and I prefer to purchase a whole new quad rather than buy individuals and 'try to get away with it'...
  12. zenith2134

Time for a new stylus

I have ordered a new ATN-440MLA stylus for my Audio-Technica 440mla. Originally purchased this cartridge for my second turntable, (Music Hall MMF-2.2) in January 2012. It is hard to determine the number of exact hours I have logged with the original stylus, but my estimates seem to indicate it...
  13. zenith2134

I..don't know what to say (!)

This afternoon, something began happening while I was listening to records. Well, there are expletives coming out of my speakers. For real--I heard what constituted an argument while playing a Deutsche Grammophon classical LP. I lifted the tonearm and it seemed to slowly fade out. Figuring it...
  14. zenith2134

" golden-age " video enthusiasts?

Let me begin by stating that I am very much involved in the use, repair, restoration, and enjoyment of quality video equipment. I am most interested in pre-year 2000 gear. Perusing the internet and old books/magazines, I have seen some quite elaborate installations from yesteryear...
  15. zenith2134

AKG K701 on its way

Hey all, I ordered a K701 (white) and am anticipating its arrival. This will be my first new can since buying my Grado SR325i a few years back. It, like my Sennheiser HD555 and AKG K240 [600 ohm] was destroyed in the hurricane. In any event, I have always wanted to try the K701 and am planning...
  16. zenith2134

Installed a new volume pot in the SX-1280

I just got done replacing the worn volume potentiometer in my 1280..and the whole receiver sounds better...It isn't imagined either.. The separation seems better, the channel tracking is dead-on and most importantly there is no more intermittent buzzing. I deoxit-ed and faderlubed the new part...
  17. zenith2134

SX-1280 volume pot issue . . . .

So, unfortunately, I think the volume potentiometer in my mint 1280 is going bad. Every once in a while a buzz will emit from the speakers while adjusting the pot...then some slight manipulation of the knob will stop it. Operation is not affected other than this low-level background buzz. I have...
  18. zenith2134

I think it was in their power supply design

...The reason why 70s Pioneer sounds very good and unique usually. I examined my new 1280 and thinking back to others i've tried like the 838, spec 4, 1050, 650, 737, sa-5500II that the power boards generate a lot of heat and the filter caps are huge(luckily) but i've seen some scorched...
  19. zenith2134

Pioneer SX1280 from original owner score

I am thrilled to be using a new-to-me SX-1280 stereo receiver I got locally from its original owner! it sounds superb, needed no work done and all lights work too! Was lucky enough to get the original manuals and warranty card with it. My intention is to clean all the controls and switches w/...
  20. zenith2134

nice Onkyo set obtained today

Someone gave me a nice Onkyo set-up today! Haven't taken in any vintage s-s in quite some time so it was refreshing to see. The tuner= T-4040 and the Integrated amp=A-7070 Haven't connected either unit to anything yet,,, I was told they work fine but it all needs a thorough cleaning. The amp is...
  21. zenith2134

Pro-ject freebie alignment tool?

Hi I was wondering what the deal is with the see-saw plastic alignment gague which came with either my debut3 or music hall(i forget which)..i usually use a Baerwald 2 pt. protractor to set overhang but maybe i'll use this If I Could Figure It Out. The downforce is self-explanatory,; but the 1,2...
  22. zenith2134

very pleased with my new cart

Today, I spent the majority of my afternoon mounting a brand new Audio-Technica 440MLa to my Music Hall. As usual, it was a pain in the ass to install and tweak but now the fruits of my labor are realized! From the second I dropped the needle it was obvious that this cart is an excellent...
  23. zenith2134

Promo vs. Retail LPs/Differences in the way they were cut

Hi I've got two copies of an album on MCA from 1982 (The Fixx/Shuttered Room). One is a retail copy I picked up a while back, used, in VG++ condition and the other is a still sealed promo I opened yesterday. Both have the same deadwax markings but the side 1 is a different length (slightly...
  24. zenith2134

TIM with modern tube amp

I just finished reading a good article about Electrocompaniet and their beginnings. http://home.online.no/%7etsandstr/OtalaStory.htm Wondering where my EL34 class AB ultralinear fits in with the whole intermodulation thing. Being that this is a design from history, used in a lot of Dynacos...
  25. zenith2134

Anyone a fan of V8 juice?

As a kid I used to really enjoy the stuff and then for some unknown reason I didn't have it again til this weekend. I really like this stuff... I think the problem with this juice is that people try to omit real vegetables and only drink it. That's a no-no. I still eat tons of veggies (along...
Back
Top Bottom